ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Capn'O, K-DOT, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Jeff Van Gully, j4remi, Thorn, King of Canada, mpharris36, mrpoetryNmotion, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
FatboyRealPetty
RealGM
Posts: 21,468
And1: 11,221
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Queens

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#261 » by FatboyRealPetty » Mon Jul 9, 2018 7:54 pm

ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.
islanders11040 wrote:If Porzingis went #1 i would take Anal from Lexington Steele
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 25,892
And1: 17,806
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#262 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Jul 9, 2018 8:24 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

Image
he looks nice
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Q. Cook/Donte Divincenzo
SG: Josh Jackson/Tyrone Wallace/Newman
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale/Glenn Robinson
PF: Bam Adebayo/Caleb Swanigan/Skal
C: Deandre Ayton/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton
Spree2Houston
Senior
Posts: 749
And1: 533
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
       

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#263 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Jul 9, 2018 8:30 pm

If we do get Kyrie this offseason, then Cam Reddish would look nice next to him at SG. it would be similar to the way Utah uses Donovan Mitchell. Reddish would focus on orchestrating the offense while Irving could focus on scoring the ball, but both could play off of each other and orchestrate the offense when needed.
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 21,543
And1: 11,603
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#264 » by El Poochio » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:29 am

Need them draft Quentin Grimes so I can get a Knicks jersey with Grimes written on its back
New Orleans Pelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: Devin Booker | CJ McCollum | Norman Powell
B: Andre Iguodala | Svi Mykhailiuk | Melvin Frazier
B: Mikal Bridges | Omari Spellman
B: Kyle Kuzma | Aron Baynes | Ajdin Penava

HC: Chris 'Jay Wright' Finch

C U L T U R E
User avatar
N Y K
RealGM
Posts: 11,120
And1: 5,118
Joined: Jan 18, 2015
       

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#265 » by N Y K » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:32 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

He was one of the earlier videos from the dime drop guy... good find

fatalogic
Starter
Posts: 2,013
And1: 1,492
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#266 » by fatalogic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 am

The Knicks need Cam or Nazir for the all NBA rap name puns.
User avatar
FatboyRealPetty
RealGM
Posts: 21,468
And1: 11,221
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Queens

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#267 » by FatboyRealPetty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:10 am

N Y K wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

He was one of the earlier videos from the dime drop guy... good find



ah good find i didnt know this was out there i learned alot more about him. Im sure cal will challenge him to become more assertive on defense and utilize him alot down low instead of letting him fall in love with jumper similar to what he did with KAT. His court vision is nasty for a big man i think cal will take advantage of that as well.

Another thing that i notice is he needs to get more stronger which is normal. ill be watching some more kentucky this year
islanders11040 wrote:If Porzingis went #1 i would take Anal from Lexington Steele
User avatar
N Y K
RealGM
Posts: 11,120
And1: 5,118
Joined: Jan 18, 2015
       

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#268 » by N Y K » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
N Y K wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

He was one of the earlier videos from the dime drop guy... good find



ah good find i didnt know this was out there i learned alot more about him. Im sure cal will challenge him to become more assertive on defense and utilize him alot down low instead of letting him fall in love with jumper similar to what he did with KAT. His court vision is nasty for a big man i think cal will take advantage of that as well.

Another thing that i notice is he needs to get more stronger which is normal. ill be watching some more kentucky this year

Yeah, dime drop keeps winning with these videos.

The court vision part of his game is really appealing to me. It's a main reasons why I like Cam more than the other guys. I'd like to see a playmaker at one of the forward positions.

EJ will be a good one to keep an eye on, for sure though.
Infinitimind
Sophomore
Posts: 167
And1: 101
Joined: May 23, 2018
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#269 » by Infinitimind » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:38 pm

N Y K wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
N Y K wrote:He was one of the earlier videos from the dime drop guy... good find



ah good find i didnt know this was out there i learned alot more about him. Im sure cal will challenge him to become more assertive on defense and utilize him alot down low instead of letting him fall in love with jumper similar to what he did with KAT. His court vision is nasty for a big man i think cal will take advantage of that as well.

Another thing that i notice is he needs to get more stronger which is normal. ill be watching some more kentucky this year

Yeah, dime drop keeps winning with these videos.

The court vision part of his game is really appealing to me. It's a main reasons why I like Cam more than the other guys. I'd like to see a playmaker at one of the forward positions.

EJ will be a good one to keep an eye on, for sure though.



I want cam too, but I don't think we will be bad enough to get a top 3 pick to get him.
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
Analyst
Posts: 3,016
And1: 2,123
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#270 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.


Bro i was just about to post about him. Im really intrigued.

Plus he's going to kentucky. Hes part of my top 3 rn to watch with Romeo&Cam.
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,862
And1: 26,751
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: User Signature Removed
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#271 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Have I mentioned that I really like Jontay Porter yet?
BAF Clippers
PG: Kemba/Rose/Delaney
SG: G. Harris/SGA/Korkmaz
SF: Gallo/KCP/Zipser
PF: Isaac/RHJ/Dekker
C: Sabonis/Vanderbilt/Zubac
fatalogic
Starter
Posts: 2,013
And1: 1,492
Joined: Apr 26, 2017
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#272 » by fatalogic » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Capn'O wrote:Have I mentioned that I really like Jontay Porter yet?

I’m surprised he went back to school.
Spree2Houston
Senior
Posts: 749
And1: 533
Joined: Feb 21, 2015
       

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#273 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:07 am

User avatar
Orange Mamba
Starter
Posts: 2,073
And1: 1,258
Joined: Feb 02, 2012
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#274 » by Orange Mamba » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 am

Frank
Langford
Knox
KP
Mitch Rob

:o :o
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 26,791
And1: 15,264
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#275 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

Y'all know I know everyone at Wheeler. He has a good head on his shoulders. Cool and down to earth but doesn't really go out, do extracurriculars, etc. Quiet kid that likes to ball. I can see him thriving but he has to improve a lot.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
FatboyRealPetty
RealGM
Posts: 21,468
And1: 11,221
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Queens

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#276 » by FatboyRealPetty » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 pm

E-Balla wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

Y'all know I know everyone at Wheeler. He has a good head on his shoulders. Cool and down to earth but doesn't really go out, do extracurriculars, etc. Quiet kid that likes to ball. I can see him thriving but he has to improve a lot.


who's a comparison you can say he reminds you the most of
islanders11040 wrote:If Porzingis went #1 i would take Anal from Lexington Steele
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 26,791
And1: 15,264
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#277 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:ill probably be flip flopping back and forth with this draft. But one name i can see getting more notice later is kentuckys recruit EJ montgomery

versatile lefty power forward that can play in and out and above the rim as well.






“He’s a skilled back-to-the-basket big guy who can step out and hit the three ball, handles the ball like a guard, and I think one of his best attributes is his passing ability,” Thompson said. “He’s been our low-post presence, shooting about 75 percent from the field, putting guys on his back and jump-hooking them to sleep.”

“Cal’s words were, ‘You’re not a want, you’re a need. We need a guy like you that can take the scoring load off of some of the wings, some of the guards.

Y'all know I know everyone at Wheeler. He has a good head on his shoulders. Cool and down to earth but doesn't really go out, do extracurriculars, etc. Quiet kid that likes to ball. I can see him thriving but he has to improve a lot.


who's a comparison you can say he reminds you the most of

75% Suns Diaw, 25% Trey Lyles. Wheeler doesn't really put dudes in the weight room so he should be able to bulk up to like 220 at UK and I know his coaches were trying to get him to improve his handles and turnaround a ton so look out for it at UK next year.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
E-Balla
RealGM
Posts: 26,791
And1: 15,264
Joined: Dec 19, 2012
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones
   

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#278 » by E-Balla » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

If someone gets him to play primarily in the paint I can see some young Pau Gasol in his game too.
"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." - Martin Luther King
User avatar
Tron Carter
General Manager
Posts: 9,482
And1: 7,044
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory
 

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#279 » by Tron Carter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 pm

we don't need bigs anymore with kp and mitchell. our focus should be on getting the sg/sf who can defend and be another playmaker next to frank imo.
Frank Ntillmatic aka The French Prince of New York > Midget Smith Jr. #BongaBrigade
GoNYGoNYGo18
Freshman
Posts: 91
And1: 83
Joined: Jun 24, 2018

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#280 » by GoNYGoNYGo18 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:24 am

This Romeo Langford kis is one I am keeping an eye out on.

Return to New York Knicks