ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#1961 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:16 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
HEZI wrote:Being able to shoot off the catch is nice and Little does look like he has that ability, so did Justice Winslow, but his lack of ability to create a shot for himself projects him to be a role player right now. I mean Robert Covington can shoot on the catch but he's no Kawhi Leonard. Right now I see Little as a potentially very good role player in the NBA. Somebody that can play defense and switch on multiple defenders, he can run out in transition and finish at the rim, he can knock down the open jumper, but he's not projecting to be an NBA star at the moment. Would need to see a lot more from him. And that's not a bad thing, Little is gonna bring a lot of value to a team but just not seeing a top 5 pick type of talent right now. At the moment there might not be that big of a gap between him and Rui Hachimura, they're kinda the same type of player only Little looks way stronger.

Winslow didn't show that at all. He hit two shots off the dribble the entire season. Nas is already at 4 and has taken guys off the dribble too.

As for Rui, he can't shoot nearly as well as Nas, his defense is not as good, handle is shakier, and is 2 years older than him. Rui is more downhill and is better sealing in the PnR, but that's all I'm giving him the edge on.

2010 wrote:KPJr. will look even better as a pro than he is in college. He just has an NBA game and frame. Couple that with the fact he has an aggressive mentality and legit size, athleticism and burst. Getting to the charity stripe and not settling for the step-back can be coached up.

Where as Romeo, not feeling another too cool for school laid-back type who doesn't commit to aggressiveness or defensive intensity. Romeo just seem like a bit of a premadonna and soft. Also wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being injury prone. I was high on his scoring ability and I still am. But not sure he is what we need personality wise or archetype wise. And the body mechanics give me more concern. He also has a slight frame. RPJr. more rugged in build.

Romeo has an NBA game and frame, too. I'm curious though, what aggressive mentality are you seeing? He doesn't attack the rim and settles for way too many jumpers, doesn't draw as many fouls (24 fouls in 5 games to 11 in 4 games Synergy has logged), and seems more content sitting around waiting for the ball (although that might be because of the wack offense they're running + Boatwright taking too many shots). *I'm legitimately curious because I don't see an aggressive mentality, although I do think his game might transfer better even if he isn't as skilled.*
BRIGGS wrote:My two picks for the Knicks

Spoiler:
#1 Carsen Edwards 6-1 210 pd PG

#2 69 255 SF Tyler Cook

Like Rui too but he will go pick 2.

I like trading down a tad.

Need bigger more athletic players

LOVE Edwards, but lol at Rui going 2nd overall. If anything, he's trending down a bit despite his shooting improvements.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1962 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:16 pm

I broke RealGM. My bad, guys.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1963 » by HEZI » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:16 pm

cgf wrote:
HEZI wrote:Being able to shoot off the catch is nice and Little does look like he has that ability, so did Justice Winslow, but his lack of ability to create a shot for himself projects him to be a role player right now. I mean Robert Covington can shoot on the catch but he's no Kawhi Leonard. Right now I see Little as a potentially very good role player in the NBA. Somebody that can play defense and switch on multiple defenders, he can run out in transition and finish at the rim, he can knock down the open jumper, but he's not projecting to be an NBA star at the moment. Would need to see a lot more from him. And that's not a bad thing, Little is gonna bring a lot of value to a team but just not seeing a top 5 pick type of talent right now. At the moment there might not be that big of a gap between him and Rui Hachimura, they're kinda the same type of player only Little looks way stronger.

This is what I mean by Nas’s shooting being miscast & thereby under-estimated; Winslow & RoCo have never been able to drain 3s off the dribble like Little is already showing the ability to do. Or the turnaround Js he’s hit when fed he ball in the post.

Little is draining 3s off the dribble?
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,446

Post#1964 » by mpharris36 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:dont dance MPH :lol:

no dance at all, trying to shoot it straight as possible...I don't think you build a successful team with multiple high volume shooters. No matter if they are the better overall talent. We already have 2...1 is playing, 1 is hurt. And we could add another via the draft or FA...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1965 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm

HEZI wrote:
cgf wrote:

This is what I mean by Nas’s shooting being miscast & thereby under-estimated; Winslow & RoCo have never been able to drain 3s off the dribble like Little is already showing the ability to do. Or the turnaround Js he’s hit when fed he ball in the post.

4 of 5 off dribble, including 2 threes. Winslow hit 2 shots his only season in college. The shot mechanics for Little's shot to continue to improve are there - it's his lower body that might need a bit of tweaking, because when he's squared up, it usually goes in vs when he's angled away it goes awry and usually follows the trajectory of his leading foot (relatively speaking, so if angled right he'll miss right).
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,449

Post#1966 » by cgf » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:27 pm

HEZI wrote:
cgf wrote:

Not left and right, but he's shown that ability already and his skills suggest that should remain a weapon as the sample size increases.

...or just read KT's posts instead :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,663

Post#1967 » by Capn'O » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:35 pm

Everyone else has a Porter Jr. Maybe I should get one too.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks