ImageImageImageImageImage

2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: 2018-2019 College/Draft Thread (part 1) 

Post#41 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:48 am

2010 wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
2010 wrote:2010's Interest Board just off the top:

Romeo Langford
Cam Reddish
RJ Barrett
Nassir Little
Sekou Doumbouya
Bol Bol
Zion Williamson
Rui Hachimura
Daniel Gafford

My thoughts on your off the top board because we need to get this thread going.
- Not a fan of Bol.
- Cam's energy levels float sooo much and that jumper is maddingly inconsistent and in need of form tweaks.
- RJ needs to be more diverse on offense, because right now he's a power guard. Not a fan of his vision.
- Nas is an animal. I want to see him work more on offense, but the skill is there for sure on both ends.
- Romeo is the best offensive player of the wings, but he needs to work on left hand a bit + keep working on jumper. Defense is there, too.
- Sekou (I watched a few hours of him today) needs a lot of work on his jumper and finishing ability in the paint.
- Zion needs a right hand and a jumper, but I'm buying his jumper - when it's gone in, it's looked good. I've got some nice iso clips I'm going to put out there. Also need to see his defense in a team concept.
- Rui, I like.
- Gafford, no real thoughts.

Pretty good initial analysis. I want to see more of all of them before I go in-depth.

But I will say Romeo Langford is my top so far. For personal tastes as well as for fit with the Knicks youth movement.

Just went over Romeo's transition from 15-16, 16-17, 17-18 in AAU with Frankie on the phone like an hour ago. Went from basically a big to a wing to a pure SG as he grew. He just makes everything look effortless. I think he'd slot in perfectly at the 2.

De'Andre Hunter and Luka Samanic are two other guys to add to a list of guys you should watch. Also Garland because he's the top PG in the country (?) and is going to Vanderbilt.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#42 » by 2010 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:51 am

FrontOfficeEye wrote:
2010 wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:My thoughts on your off the top board because we need to get this thread going.
- Not a fan of Bol.
- Cam's energy levels float sooo much and that jumper is maddingly inconsistent and in need of form tweaks.
- RJ needs to be more diverse on offense, because right now he's a power guard. Not a fan of his vision.
- Nas is an animal. I want to see him work more on offense, but the skill is there for sure on both ends.
- Romeo is the best offensive player of the wings, but he needs to work on left hand a bit + keep working on jumper. Defense is there, too.
- Sekou (I watched a few hours of him today) needs a lot of work on his jumper and finishing ability in the paint.
- Zion needs a right hand and a jumper, but I'm buying his jumper - when it's gone in, it's looked good. I've got some nice iso clips I'm going to put out there. Also need to see his defense in a team concept.
- Rui, I like.

Pretty good initial analysis. I want to see more of all of them before I go in-depth.

But I will say Romeo Langford is my top so far. For personal tastes as well as for fit with the Knicks youth movement.

Just went over Romeo's transition from 15-16, 16-17, 17-18 in AAU with Frankie on the phone like an hour ago. Went from basically a big to a wing to a pure SG as he grew. He just makes everything look effortless. I think he'd slot in perfectly at the 2.

De'Andre Hunter and Luka Samanic are two other guys to add to a list of guys you should watch. Also Garland because he's the top PG in the country (?) and is going to Vanderbilt.

Aight, I'll check them out.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#43 » by Fat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:09 am

Meat wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:This draft look kind of suspect

Top heavy

yeah but after that it look kind of iffy
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Fat
RealGM

Post#44 » by Fat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:12 am

Zion a good fit at power forward? dudes athleticism looks terrifying in a good way
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#45 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Zion a good fit at power forward? dudes athleticism looks terrifying in a good way

Next to KP? Yeah, I’d think so.

Tunnel vision when he puts the ball on the floor, limited right hand, and jumper needs work (actually flashed dribble jumper in AAU and form is not an issue), but that combo of athleticism + finishing + strength is terrifying. Also needs work on defense. Apparently has knee issues too, which is concerning.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#46 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:Zion a good fit at power forward? dudes athleticism looks terrifying in a good way

Not for us

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,081

Post#47 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:15 am

2010 wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:
2010 wrote:2010's Interest Board just off the top:

Romeo Langford
Cam Reddish
RJ Barrett
Nassir Little
Sekou Doumbouya
Bol Bol
Zion Williamson
Rui Hachimura
Daniel Gafford

My thoughts on your off the top board because we need to get this thread going.
- Not a fan of Bol.
- Rui, I like.

all aboard the romeo langford bandwagon!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#48 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:18 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:My thoughts on your off the top board because we need to get this thread going.
- Not a fan of Bol.
- Rui, I like.

all aboard the romeo langford bandwagon!

In depth breakdowns coming next week? 8-)
Fat
RealGM

Post#49 » by Fat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:22 am

FrontOfficeEye wrote:

Tunnel vision when he puts the ball on the floor, limited right hand, and jumper needs work (actually flashed dribble jumper in AAU and form is not an issue), but that combo of athleticism + finishing + strength is terrifying. Also needs work on defense. Apparently has knee issues too, which is concerning.

knee issues and needs to work on defense :o kind of a turn off

Also isnt the draft lottery rules changing this year where the top 3 teams all have a equal chance of getting the #1 pick and like other teams have a good chance at getting it to prevent less tanking or something like that?
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Fat
RealGM

Post#50 » by Fat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:24 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:

Not for us

:lol: im feeling romeo and little from brief highschool footage the most so far little seems like a 3 though can he play 2?
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#51 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:25 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

Also isnt the draft lottery rules changing this year where the top 3 teams all have a equal chance of getting the #1 pick and like other teams have a good chance at getting it to prevent less tanking or something like that?

Yah, I mean, no knee injury - just soreness. The defense thing could be because of AAU setting? Honestly, not sure. That’s why I’m waiting to see how he does at Duke. Guys like Nas and Romeo who defend now come in with the + in my book going into college.

Also, yah, it’s the first year of the lotto reform.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,549

Post#52 » by Meat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:31 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
FrontOfficeEye wrote:

The Knicks are too 3 bad next year
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#53 » by fatalogic » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:50 am

Any guess as to who the top shooters will be. It would be nice if the Knicks could get at 40%+ 3pt shooter.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#54 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:03 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Not for us

:lol: im feeling romeo and little from brief highschool footage the most so far little seems like a 3 though can he play 2?

Yeah he is a natural SG Romeo. Thats why I said he is atop my list with Reddish who can Play SG. I would want little before him, but we got a SF with Knox.

Frank
Langford
Knox
KP
Mitch

As the core? Sign me the hell up.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#55 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:14 am

This is why Frank is so underrated by this Board. Frank and Mitchell If Playing their best roles are EXCELLENT players to sandwich 3 young scorers to handle the bulk of the load. KP. Knox, and a Reddish/Langford etc Play to the best of the Ability? Thats a Problem in a few years.

People will be saying Philly and Boston has the best young cores in the east.

I will be saying....

Spoiler:
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,656

Post#56 » by DaGawd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:42 am

Everybody in this class is weak to me...
BaF
Washington Wizards
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#57 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:13 pm

DaGawd wrote:Everybody in this class is weak to me...

im 100% sure next season you wont be saying that.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,656

Post#58 » by DaGawd » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:31 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

Probably not.. but first hand no body jumps out as a franchise changer to me
BaF
Washington Wizards
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#59 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm

DaGawd wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

This time last year people were arguing Porter to first and he was a franchise level talent
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#60 » by N Y K » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:45 pm

DaGawd wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

I'm not getting game changer right now either, but I'm sure a few will flow to the top. That's what always happens.

Return to New York Knicks