ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Knicks Offseason Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,080

Re: Official Knicks Offseason Thread 

Post#2621 » by stuporman » Fri Oct 5, 2018 8:10 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
Just because you're old af doesn't mean that 17 years isn't still a long time :P

KD is my age, and that's more than half of our lives that this franchise has been a disaster.

Just because you are still green doesn't mean that the past 15 years of dysfunction isn't 'recent' for one of the oldest and most storied franchises such as the Knicks. Again, maybe one day you will have enough life experience to put things into context if you are so fortunate.

I suppose my generation may live to be hundreds of years old, so that almost two decades does become a short time...but until then it will remain a significant chunk of time.

Whether it's a significant amount of time or not, it still constitutes 'recent' time. :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#2622 » by cgf » Fri Oct 5, 2018 8:19 pm

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Just because you are still green doesn't mean that the past 15 years of dysfunction isn't 'recent' for one of the oldest and most storied franchises such as the Knicks. Again, maybe one day you will have enough life experience to put things into context if you are so fortunate.

I suppose my generation may live to be hundreds of years old, so that almost two decades does become a short time...but until then it will remain a significant chunk of time.

Whether it's a significant amount of time or not, it still constitutes 'recent' time. :lol:

True lol...but not everything that’s happened in the most recent 2 decades happened recently, ya know? The Isiah ish may have happened in the most recent era of Knicks history, but it didn’t happen recently for us talking about it now in 2018.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,068

Post#2623 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 5, 2018 8:21 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

True lol...but not everything that’s happened in the most recent 2 decades happened recently, ya know? The Isiah ish may have happened in the most recent era of Knicks history, but it didn’t happen recently for us talking about it now in 2018.

Ask Mitchell Robinson if Ewing played for the team recently :lol:
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#2624 » by awy » Fri Oct 5, 2018 8:23 pm

didnt see ewing play in any games. mans old
stuporman
RealGM

Post#2625 » by stuporman » Fri Oct 5, 2018 8:24 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

I'm still not understanding what's your problem with the word "recently"? Have the Knicks not been dysfunctional recently? :lol:
Image?
cgf
RealGM

Post#2626 » by cgf » Fri Oct 5, 2018 8:47 pm

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

I'm still not understanding what's your problem with the word "recently"? Have the Knicks not been dysfunctional recently? :lol:

Just that the "recently" makes it seem like it hasn't been going on for almost 20 years :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

stuporman
RealGM

Post#2627 » by stuporman » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:04 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

Just that the "recently" makes it seem like it hasn't been going on for almost 20 years :lol:

What the Knicks were 20 years ago... or 15 or even 10 years ago doesn't matter.

Do you think Durant would have left OKC for GS if he was going to them as they were 10 years ago? No, it only matters the team of recent years and the current state of them he chose to go to and it will be the same for any FA looking at the Knicks.

They aren't going to a team run by Isiah, Walsh or even Phil and Marbury or Melo are gone so when I say recently that is all any FA is going to look at. Do you feel better about that word now? :D
Image?
cgf
RealGM

Post#2628 » by cgf » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:11 pm

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Do you think Durant would have left OKC for GS if he was going to them as they were 10 years ago? No, it only matters the team of recent years and the current state of them he chose to go to and it will be the same for any FA looking at the Knicks.

They aren't going to a team run by Isiah, Walsh or even Phil so when I say recently that is all any FA is going to look at. Do you feel better about that word now? :D

If Perry & Fiz can differentiate themselves from previous regimes then this is true; but it's not like we're talking about isolated incidents over the past 17 years, we're talking about consistent failure...and I think that is a positive for how much revitalizing this franchise would mean for Durant's legacy if Perry & Fiz are capable.

In the grander narrative, KD would be taking on the biggest challenge in the NBA by coming here...even though when you look closely things seem to finally be on the right path even before his potential arrival.

stuporman
RealGM

Post#2629 » by stuporman » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:14 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

They aren't going to a team run by Isiah, Walsh or even Phil so when I say recently that is all any FA is going to look at. Do you feel better about that word now? :D

If Perry & Fiz can differentiate themselves from previous regimes then this is true; but it's not like we're talking about isolated incidents over the past 17 years, we're talking about consistent failure...and I think that is a positive for how much revitalizing this franchise would mean for Durant's legacy if Perry & Fiz are capable.

In the grander narrative, KD would be taking on the biggest challenge in the NBA by coming here...even though when you look closely things seem to finally be on the right path even before his potential arrival.

You need therapy for your battered fan syndrome man..... :lol:
Image?
cgf
RealGM

Post#2630 » by cgf » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:21 pm

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

You may have a point there :lol:

stuporman
RealGM

Post#2631 » by stuporman » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:44 pm

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

Although, if Durant could join KP and the Fiz kids to lead the Knicks back to the finals or possibly even a title he'd elevate his legacy and earn a place in the rafters of the Knicks history....dam, fans might even buy him a statue out of their own pocket. :o
Image?
cgf
RealGM

Post#2632 » by cgf » Fri Oct 5, 2018 9:59 pm

stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Although, if Durant could join KP and the Fiz kids to lead the Knicks back to the finals or possibly even a title he'd elevate his legacy and earn a place in the rafters of the Knicks history....dam, fans might even buy him a statue out of their own pocket. :o

KD, KP, Knox, Frank & a lottery pick next spring; with the likes of Mitch, Timmy, Kanter, Lance, Hezonja, Trier, Burke & Dotson to start populating the bench with...and probably the full MLE + BAE, to work with next summer

Could definitely see some finals runs, if not banners in that group's future; which would be monumental for KD's Legacy...especially if we outperformed LeBron's Lakers while doing so.

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#2633 » by Kampuchea » Fri Oct 5, 2018 10:13 pm

First basketball game I saw was Lakers vs Bulls, Magic vs Jordan. So yeah I got to enjoy those Ewing years
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#2634 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 6, 2018 11:09 pm

I can't believe the Frank thread got locked. LOCKED! I mean, what has this world come to?
Free Palestine
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#2635 » by Kampuchea » Sat Oct 6, 2018 11:37 pm

I just came back from a boozy wedding, they started serving drinks at 11 AM and had free flow at a microbrewery in Brooklyn afterward.

I come back and see the Frank thread went to 11 pages and is now locked down. Sucks because I wanted to chat about what Fizzy said, and I would have contributed greatly given I am 10 drinks in.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#2636 » by Jeffrey » Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:01 am

People don't realize that top free agents are not coming here because they see "potential" in rookies. Sh.t, veterans and especially top stars do not like rookies coming in because they don't want to hear about potential or retooling. It's you're either a contender or not.

You think guys like Durant will wait for said lottery pick of next year to mature and realize his full potential. This goes for Knox as well.

If KD is coming, that's because of KP and possibility of a 3rd star.
cgf
RealGM

Post#2637 » by cgf » Sun Oct 7, 2018 12:10 am

Jeffrey wrote:People don't realize that top free agents are not coming here because they see "potential" in rookies. Sh.t, veterans and especially top stars do not like rookies coming in because they don't want to hear about potential or retooling. It's you're either a contender or not.

You think guys like Durant will wait for said lottery pick of next year to mature and realize his full potential. This goes for Knox as well.

Not that I don't agree that KP will be our biggest on-court selling point...but LeBron going to the Lakers contradicts each of your assertions here. It's not always just about on-court stuff and winning right away. KD could well be more concerned with his legacy coming off a three-peat with GSW, than whether he can win his 4th ring in 4 years.

PS when did Fiz become an iso-coach :lol:

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Post#2638 » by Jeffrey » Sun Oct 7, 2018 1:03 am

cgf wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:People don't realize that top free agents are not coming here because they see "potential" in rookies. Sh.t, veterans and especially top stars do not like rookies coming in because they don't want to hear about potential or retooling. It's you're either a contender or not.

Not that I don't agree that KP will be our biggest on-court selling point...but LeBron going to the Lakers contradicts each of your assertions here. It's not always just about on-court stuff and winning right away. KD could well be more concerned with his legacy coming off a three-peat with GSW, than whether he can win his 4th ring in 4 years.

PS when did Fiz become an iso-coach :lol:

Lebron did it as a business move, we all know that. Look at his other two moves... Miami (had 2 stars and nothing else) and back to Cleveland (had Kyrie and sold on Kevin Love coming in by TRADING the 1st pick overall). If we were in that situation, I'm pretty sure this board would've went nuts if we traded our 1st pick overall and last year's 1st pick.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#2639 » by whocares1 » Sun Oct 7, 2018 1:14 am

cgf wrote:
stuporman wrote:
cgf wrote:

KD, KP, Knox, Frank & a lottery pick next spring; with the likes of Mitch, Timmy, Kanter, Lance, Hezonja, Trier, Burke & Dotson to start populating the bench with...and probably the full MLE + BAE, to work with next summer

Could definitely see some finals runs, if not banners in that group's future; which would be monumental for KD's Legacy...especially if we outperformed LeBron's Lakers while doing so.

Lmao.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#2640 » by WargamesX » Sun Oct 7, 2018 4:05 am

Kampuchea wrote:I just came back from a boozy wedding, they started serving drinks at 11 AM and had free flow at a microbrewery in Brooklyn afterward.

I come back and see the Frank thread went to 11 pages and is now locked down. Sucks because I wanted to chat about what Fizzy said, and I would have contributed greatly given I am 10 drinks in.

I saw the thread too and wanted to talk about the "Knicks are going for a PG in FA so prep Frank for SG" theory. That makes a lot of sense to me and there are going to be more than a few PG FA next year.

But that thread had devolved into :argue: by the time I got home. ...... People need to go out during the day a Saturday and leave this Knick stuff alone.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7

Return to New York Knicks