ImageImageImageImageImage

BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued)- Announcement on page 98

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,600

Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued) 

Post#1941 » by bishnykfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:22 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT

Today is the final day of our initial 30 day free agency period. 13 teams currently have 17 open roster spots. 29 of our 30 teams have legal rosters as of now considering every team now only needs a 13 man roster to start next season. I will be away next week at a place with questionable wifi so the next stage of free agency will begin Sunday 8/5. Any undrafted college players, G-Leaguers and any other eligible players not yet put on the free agent list will be available for bids during this next stage of free agency.

Now, after 80 offseason trades, our initial draft and our first attempt at free agency, we are going to hit a bit of a lull before our season starts back up again in November when the SIM comes out. I would like to keep people involved and active during this time and have thought about a few different scenarios to do this. First, I thought about having anyone who wanted complete a preseason power rankings. Basically, what I was hoping for is for each GM to rank the other 29 teams and send them to me via PM. I would tabulate all of the rankings and release a BaF preseason power rankings before our season starts. No GM would be forced to do this, but any team who doesn't participate, will not be ranked. If you want to see how your team is viewed, then take the time to rank them and send them in to me anonymously. Maybe we can kill some time and have some fun over these next three months.

My second idea to kill this long dead period is to have a season preview. Basically, I would assign one team at random to each team to do a preseason writeup. Nothing crazy, just strengths, weaknesses, predictions, etc. Again it would be anonymous and could be fun to hear another GM's thoughts on your team (similar to an SI preseason preview with the quotes from the anonymous front office exec). And again, there would be no penalty if you don't participate, other than your team will not get previewed.

Finally, as far as yesterday's topic of the day, extensions. I've been thinking about a fair way to come up with something and think I have an idea that could work. I will spend tomorrow refining it and maybe next week and then write something up either tomorrow or when I get back from my vacation.

Any thoughts on any of this, let me know...
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued)- Announcement on page 98 

Post#1942 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:41 pm

Damn Hoffa looks like no Ben Simmons for u. :lol:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued)- Announcement on page 98 

Post#1943 » by magnumt » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Hoffa reminds me of Morey sometimes (without the results). :lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Post#1944 » by DOT » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:07 pm

magnumt wrote:Hoffa reminds me of Morey sometimes (without the results). :lol:

--Mags :beer:

Hoffa's that guy that thinks he's playing 5th dimmensional space chess and everyone else is playing checkers but in reality everyone is playing Uno and he's been staring at his hand for 15 minutes when he only has 3 cards
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: RE: Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued)- Announcement on page 98 

Post#1945 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:14 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Damn Hoffa looks like no Ben Simmons for u.
Well that would be unfortunate for Simmons looks like he will be leaving hundreds of dollars on the table

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Re: RE: Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued)- Announcement on page 98 

Post#1946 » by Brazilian Knick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:29 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Damn Hoffa looks like no Ben Simmons for u.
No KAT either

Sent from The Blue Arrow Network
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
F: | |
C: | |
Brazilian Knick
Bench Warmer
And1: 982

Re: RE: Re: BaF Discussion Thread #14- (2018 Free Agency and Offseason continued) 

Post#1947 » by Brazilian Knick » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:32 pm

bishnykfan wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT

Today is the final day of our initial 30 day free agency period. 13 teams currently have 17 open roster spots. 29 of our 30 teams have legal rosters as of now considering every team now only needs a 13 man roster to start next season. I will be away next week at a place with questionable wifi so the next stage of free agency will begin Sunday 8/5. Any undrafted college players, G-Leaguers and any other eligible players not yet put on the free agent list will be available for bids during this next stage of free agency.

Now, after 80 offseason trades, our initial draft and our first attempt at free agency, we are going to hit a bit of a lull before our season starts back up again in November when the SIM comes out. I would like to keep people involved and active during this time and have thought about a few different scenarios to do this. First, I thought about having anyone who wanted complete a preseason power rankings. Basically, what I was hoping for is for each GM to rank the other 29 teams and send them to me via PM. I would tabulate all of the rankings and release a BaF preseason power rankings before our season starts. No GM would be forced to do this, but any team who doesn't participate, will not be ranked. If you want to see how your team is viewed, then take the time to rank them and send them in to me anonymously. Maybe we can kill some time and have some fun over these next three months.

My second idea to kill this long dead period is to have a season preview. Basically, I would assign one team at random to each team to do a preseason writeup. Nothing crazy, just strengths, weaknesses, predictions, etc. Again it would be anonymous and could be fun to hear another GM's thoughts on your team (similar to an SI preseason preview with the quotes from the anonymous front office exec). And again, there would be no penalty if you don't participate, other than your team will not get previewed.

Finally, as far as yesterday's topic of the day, extensions. I've been thinking about a fair way to come up with something and think I have an idea that could work. I will spend tomorrow refining it and maybe next week and then write something up either tomorrow or when I get back from my vacation.

Bish, I really appreciate all your efforts for us to have the best experience with BaF. Thanks a lot!

I loved the ideas u had! Count me in!

Sent from The Blue Arrow Network
MIAMI HEAT BAF 2020-21
G: Blue Arrow | |
G: The Beard | |
C: | |
RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#1948 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:
On Billy Preston, who signed a two-way contract: “The guy needs time, but man what a profile! He’s got the size we all want and the skillset we all crave. When he went undrafted, we made getting him a priority. And he showed here in Vegas that we made the right decision.”

just remember I was the one who put u on billy :o

Thanks my friend...

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1949 » by King of Canada » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:12 pm

Am I the only one that is curious about where Bish is going? Everest maybe? :D
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
RealGM

Post#1950 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:16 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:

just remember I was the one who put u on billy :o

Thanks my friend...

Some more from NBA execs and talent evaluators from Vegas Summer League on my rooks and young vets ready to make the jump...

On Collin Sexton: “We needed someone who wants to be the guy. He wants that. You can see it. He’s a bulldog and takes on all comers. We’re very happy to have him.”

On Kevin Knox: “No one is booing now! [Laughter] I think we could draft the entire Dream Team in their primes and the fans would boo. That’s kind of their thing. Look, the league is in a spot where if you don’t have a bunch of guys who can create their own shot and switch on anyone, you won’t win. Kevin is huge. He’s 6’9’’ and has great strength. But he’s also very quick too. For what we are building, he’s ideal.”

On adding Mario Hezonja: “What do you guys call it? Second draft? That’s an interesting term. Mario has a ton of ability, but has only put it all together for really short bursts. He needed a fresh start. We think he’ll thrive here. He’s got that attitude of someone who wants to be great. You need that in New York.”

Spoiler:

NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,323

Post#1951 » by NewEra » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:20 pm

80 trades??? Lol
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
RealGM

Post#1952 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:21 pm

I volunteer to do a season preview writeup on Brooklyn.

Spoiler:

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,531

Post#1953 » by SOUL » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:22 pm

King of Canada wrote:Am I the only one that is curious about where Bish is going? Everest maybe? :D

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1954 » by Greenie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:32 pm

OJ and a 2nd
For
Cash considerations

Hit me up
RealGM

Post#1955 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:34 pm

ANFERNEE SIMONS ON OFFENSE

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANFERNEE SIMONS ON DEFENSE

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1956 » by Mecca » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:35 pm

2010 wrote:

Spoiler:

Cool I’ll do the Raptors.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
RealGM

Post#1957 » by 2010 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:38 pm

Mecca wrote:
2010 wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm not even tryna be biased. I'll do your schit straight up legit.

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1958 » by Mecca » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:49 pm

2010 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
2010 wrote:

Spoiler:

I'm not even tryna be biased. I'll do your schit straight up legit.

I rather not.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1959 » by Greenie » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:53 pm

Fuq the fight between Mecca and 2010...

Greenie wrote:OJ and a 2nd
For
Cash considerations

Hit me up
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,600

Post#1960 » by bishnykfan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:23 pm

TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade Ike Anigbogu and a 2019 2nd round draft pick to the Portland Trailblazers.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins

Return to New York Knicks