ImageImageImageImageImage

HezonGOD to New York 1 year/6.5 mil

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Re: HezonGOD to New York 1 year/6.5 mil 

Post#801 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jul 6, 2018 8:09 pm

Mitchell Robinson:
Robinson: My grandmother. She lives in Pensacola, Florida, and she was the one that raised me. I want to be able to move her away from there and have her come stay with me wherever I end up. That’s what I think about every time I step on the court and it keeps me grinding.

Random poster on Reddit:
A bit more on his background and upbringing. Mitchell Robinson was raised by his grandma since he was a baby, and had a difficult childhood. This should be kept in mind when he seems awkward or shy.

Rooting for this kid hard.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#802 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jul 6, 2018 8:52 pm

I Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread lol. On my phone and too lazy to go and change it. Maybe a mod can move my post to the Mitchell thread?
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#803 » by ny-n-md » Fri Jul 6, 2018 8:57 pm

Sanvi wrote:WOW! This New York Knicks forum is stacked with topics and users! How can people even keep up with all the new posts? :lol:

I'm "new" here. Normally not a poster; I did post one or two things about Mario during his Orlando tenure, though.

Just my two cents on Mario and this new step in his career:

Ever since Hezonja got some real attention, the year before he got drafted, I got interested in him and intrigued by him. I like persons who are "different" or whatever. You know, dapping opposing coaches right after making a three pointer, saying Messi should come see him instead of the other way around (that was just an innocent joke, btw), the highlight real dunks...

So yeah, I got very interested in him and therefore, ever since game 1 of his first season with Orlando, I've watched almost every game he played in.
That, to be honest, were three long years full of mismanagement of players, useless veteran players getting playing time over younger players, fired coaches and so on, and so on.

Now, about Mario:

Yeah, he was extremely inconsistent during his three years. Everybody knows that. But was that his fault? Partly. Maybe. I mean, in those three years he got/had to play 4 different positions, for different coaches, and always with older, mostly useless veterans getting playing time ahead of him. Ow, and he constantly got put in the doghouse by his coaches, having the shortest leash of every player on the team.

But, during all these troublesome years, he definitively got to show his skillset quite some times. Especially during his rookie years and certainly during last season (only after half of the Magic got injured btw, but anyway).

During his second season he was playing despite being injured (why, nobody knows). His stats certainly showed that. Also the "eye test" showed he was certainly less mobile, less powerful than during his rookie year and during last year.

But in his first and in his recent year, he showed some real skills and potential, no matter how inconsistent he is. He still makes stupid decisions and mistakes sometimes, but in the last months of last season he certainly inproved a lot on his ball handling skills and made a lot less mistakes and turnovers than before.

Now, finally fully healthy, he is what he should have been and what he could have been: a very talented player with a beautiful shot, great passing skills and vision (too bad sometimes his teammates couldn't keep up with his vision and passing, resulting in weird turnovers), great physical tools and faster than he appears at first. Good rebounding skills as well.

I like him; i like him VERY much. Despite his inconsistency and his stupid mistakes he made (he improved a lot in year 3). He has the total package for me and has every tool to become a very good, useful player in this league.
Besides, he has a good dose of confidence and swagger (NOT too be confused with arrogance by the way).

Some people may think Mario is or was a selfish player, but instead it is exactly the other way around: although he certainly likes to showcase his skills sometimes, he is a VERY unselfish player, always looking for his teammates, showing his passing skills and vision and finding teammates in sometimes the most unpossible ways.

I have a lot of faith in him, and he certainly will succeed in this league. Besides, he is good friends with KP if I'm not mistaken.

I'm glad he is finally on a different team now, he really needed a change of scenery.

Good luck Mario! Good luck, Knicks!

Thanks for sharing!
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,432

Post#804 » by KnicksGod » Fri Jul 6, 2018 9:09 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

He holds the pen perfectly correctly.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#805 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:54 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Mitchell Robinson:
Robinson: My grandmother. She lives in Pensacola, Florida, and she was the one that raised me. I want to be able to move her away from there and have her come stay with me wherever I end up. That’s what I think about every time I step on the court and it keeps me grinding.

Random poster on Reddit:
A bit more on his background and upbringing. Mitchell Robinson was raised by his grandma since he was a baby, and had a difficult childhood. This should be kept in mind when he seems awkward or shy.

Don't worry kid cause mom and dad will be wanting to build a relationship with you as soon as you sign that contract. Just kidding cause i actually don't even know what the deal is with his mom or dad and if they were even in his life growing up.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#806 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jul 6, 2018 11:57 pm

Knicks team so tall now they got rid of the tiny table
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#807 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:30 pm

Weren’t we supposed to get a presser or something?
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#808 » by taj2133 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:33 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,240

Post#809 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Dumb question, but can the Knicks sell him mid-season to a contender? I'm guessing the Knicks won't be anywhere close to contention. I remember something about 1 year contracts being difficult to trade, but I could be wrong.
Go NY Go NY Go
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,012

Post#810 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Here's hoping that Mario can blossom into a versatile wing/forward in the mold of Draymond Green. Mario probably won't ever be strong enough to guard the post against centers the way Dray does but maybe he can provide similar versatility on offense with his shooting/passing and some energy on defense.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,202

Post#811 » by aq_ua » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Mitchell Robinson:

Random poster on Reddit:

Every word out of the kid’s mouth just says, good kid.

Kids like this will turn out differently depending on what sort of people are around him and who ends up influencing him the most. I hope we (Knicks) are helping keep the evilness away from him until he matures a bit more.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,973

Post#812 » by Capn'O » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:17 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:Dumb question, but can the Knicks sell him mid-season to a contender? I'm guessing the Knicks won't be anywhere close to contention. I remember something about 1 year contracts being difficult to trade, but I could be wrong.

I think you just have to wait until mid-december or some similar cutoff date.

The difficulty is that teams aren't as interested in trading for a player where they won't have Bird rights options for retention. If a player outplays their contract they may not be able to retain them if they are near the cap.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,231

Post#813 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:I Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread lol. On my phone and too lazy to go and change it. Maybe a mod can move my post to the Mitchell thread?

lol

that's like doubling down on the laziness
ImageImageImage
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM

Post#814 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:00 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:Dumb question, but can the Knicks sell him mid-season to a contender? I'm guessing the Knicks won't be anywhere close to contention. I remember something about 1 year contracts being difficult to trade, but I could be wrong.

The word “sell” for some reason rankles me. I know you mean nothing by it, just me.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM

Post#815 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 am

It’s official. Dudes LOVE Fiz.

Am I the only one watching the Knicks Summer League report on MSG now?
Illightinati
Senior
And1: 454

Post#816 » by Illightinati » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:46 am

More of a better picture of what type of player Mario is ATM (Videos include misses)
-He seems automatic from that Left Wing, but his 3P% is decent.
-His conditioning will get better with Fiz, so expect better court running which leads to better passing (He isn't slow, but could be better)
-Work on Utilizing his court vision and sharpen up his passing ability
-He should definitely perfect a go to move and expand his layup package [Fizdale's Euro-Step Camp] (Out of Control with no purpose at times)
-Should get stronger (Battling with Kanter should help him)
-Prevails as a 4 when teams are playing small ball, Should try the 2/3 spot too.
-Should work on off-ball moves for better looks & higher efficiency
taj2133
General Manager

Post#817 » by taj2133 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:48 am

Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#818 » by Bklyn&company » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:06 am

Who is our PF?

He should help with passing, floor spacing, ball movement, rebound and go, another shooter... 1 yr contract should motivate him to give it all..

Concerns: can he rebound enough from the PF spot, can he defend PF's/SF's... can he shoot consistently
taj2133
General Manager

Post#819 » by taj2133 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 am

zelenooq
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

Post#820 » by zelenooq » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 pm

HEEEEEEZOOOOOOOONGAAAAAAAAAAA

Return to New York Knicks