ImageImageImageImageImage

HezonGOD to New York 1 year/6.5 mil

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Re: HezonGOD to New York 1 year/6.5 mil 

Post#881 » by F N 11 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:43 am

Read on Twitter

It wasn’t until injury struck that Hezonja received consistent minutes with Orlando, averaging 16.4 points and 5.2 rebounds during an 11 game stretch from January 30 to February 24. This is when it started to appear that, if the Magic could have a do-over, that fourth-year option probably would have been picked up.

I think we got a legit player here folks. He just didn’t get consistent playing time.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,742

Post#882 » by cgf » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:52 am

Bench players tend to get more minutes when they are playing well than when they are playing poorly...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#883 » by NY2TheBay » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:46 am

K P 6 wrote:I think we got a legit player here folks. He just didn’t get consistent playing time.

We got 2 legit "steals" in my eyes for the first time since god knows when. Thats Mario and Mitch. Perry and Fiz are going to look really good in time.
egelband
Rookie
And1: 374

Post#884 » by egelband » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:51 am

BimboColes wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:smooth lotion? pause.

I don't mean it like that I just mean it because his game is smooth like lotion!

How about just “Smooth” then? I personally don’t like adding the lotion imagery/sense to an nba basketball game. Maybe I’m over-thinking it. But I’d personally refuse to use that nickname.
I dunno.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#885 » by malik959 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:34 pm

egelband wrote:
BimboColes wrote:

I don't mean it like that I just mean it because his game is smooth like lotion!

How about just “Smooth” then? I personally don’t like adding the lotion imagery/sense to an nba basketball game. Maybe I’m over-thinking it. But I’d personally refuse to use that nickname.

Suave!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#886 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:46 pm

egelband wrote:
BimboColes wrote:

Silk???
:beer: RIP mags
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: RE: Re: HezonGOD to New York 1 year/6.5 mil 

Post#887 » by BKlutch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:24 pm

K-DOT wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:No, it's effort

You don't need iq to know to put your arms up to contest shots. Which he doesn't do

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

So this is really just about putting his arms up on defense? Seems like an easy fix.

You'd think so, but apparently Kanter hasn't learned that in 8 years in the NBA

I"m sorry to respond to such an old post, but towards the end of the season, I had to ask myself several times a game why wouldn't a center raise his arms when trying to defend? Frank seems to know this and Mitch knows it without playing a single college game. This more than anything else ticked me off about Enes.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#888 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:16 pm

BKlutch wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
So this is really just about putting his arms up on defense? Seems like an easy fix.

I"m sorry to respond to such an old post, but towards the end of the season, I had to ask myself several times a game why wouldn't a center raise his arms when trying to defend? Frank seems to know this and Mitch knows it without playing a single college game. This more than anything else ticked me off about Enes.

That was when the tank was in fifth gear.
Free Palestine
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#889 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:17 pm

BKlutch wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Well from my basketball experience you're less mobile when you raise both arms.
Its also about whether you're effective or not. If you're athletic player and a legit blocking threat then having your arms raised might be effective.
For Enes I dont think he's above average shot contestor.
He's also kind a slow on defense. He probably want to be more mobile against the players movement.

For me at baskeball court, I'm not that quick I dont have leaping ability. I'm not that tall but still play best at big man role. So sometimes just being more mobile and putting your body at correct position on time is rather effective than putting your hands up.
In certain areas when you defend post you put your hands up and sometimes you rather poke the ball or try to hold your ground.
And against a guard driving inside if you're not fast and not a great blocker you'd better get into right position to force them shoot awkardly.

Without athleticism and height advantage I dont think its possible to become a good defender. Enes has restrictions in his game.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Post#890 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:23 pm

cgf wrote:Bench players tend to get more minutes when they are playing well than when they are playing poorly...

Yea you're right.
They also say Hezonja had a good stretch of 11 games. Maybe it was an easy 11 games for Orlando. Who knows the schedule and form of opponent teams at the time.

Hezonja is still a young player. I'll rely on eye test rather than stats.
Talent wise he has Hedo Turkoglu-lite package.
Height and size is really good when you consider his dribbling-passing and shooting skills.
He has that potential to be a starter or really good 6th man.
Its upto him and Fizdale to find a role for him.

Even Alexiy Shved had great stretch with Knicks couple years ago.
I dont care if Hezonja plays 10 minutes or 30. Its up to him to take that next step. Its not always about shooting numbers. He is really talented player he can show his impact in multiple ways.

It would be a great signing if we had team option for next year.
Now I feel like its a good risk to take. If he doesnt play good its a giveaway year anyway.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#891 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:59 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
K-DOT wrote:You'd think so, but apparently Kanter hasn't learned that in 8 years in the NBA

Well from my basketball experience you're less mobile when you raise both arms.
Its also about whether you're effective or not. If you're athletic player and a legit blocking threat then having your arms raised might be effective.
For Enes I dont think he's above average shot contestor.
He's also kind a slow on defense. He probably want to be more mobile against the players movement.

For me at baskeball court, I'm not that quick I dont have leaping ability. I'm not that tall but still play best at big man role. So sometimes just being more mobile and putting your body at correct position on time is rather effective than putting your hands up.
In certain areas when you defend post you put your hands up and sometimes you rather poke the ball or try to hold your ground.
And against a guard driving inside if you're not fast and not a great blocker you'd better get into right position to force them shoot awkardly.

Without athleticism and height advantage I dont think its possible to become a good defender. Enes has restrictions in his game.

Excellent points!
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#892 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:00 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
cgf wrote:Bench players tend to get more minutes when they are playing well than when they are playing poorly...

Yea you're right.
They also say Hezonja had a good stretch of 11 games. Maybe it was an easy 11 games for Orlando. Who knows the schedule and form of opponent teams at the time.

Hezonja is still a young player. I'll rely on eye test rather than stats.
Talent wise he has Hedo Turkoglu-lite package.
Height and size is really good when you consider his dribbling-passing and shooting skills.
He has that potential to be a starter or really good 6th man.
Its upto him and Fizdale to find a role for him.

Even Alexiy Shved had great stretch with Knicks couple years ago.
I dont care if Hezonja plays 10 minutes or 30. Its up to him to take that next step. Its not always about shooting numbers. He is really talented player he can show his impact in multiple ways.

It would be a great signing if we had team option for next year.
Now I feel like its a good risk to take. If he doesnt play good its a giveaway year anyway.

MAX out Shved in 2019.

Shved, Kyrie and KD.
Free Palestine
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#893 » by denterprise » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:17 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
egelband wrote:
BimboColes wrote:

Silk???

Taken:

Return to New York Knicks