ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#121 » by cgf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:17 pm

El Poochio wrote:If every member of this forum create 3 social media accounts and call KD a rat I think we can lure him

KD not getting to troll because of how hard we'd stan for him if he came here, is definitely one of the biggest factors against him coming to the Knicks :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Re: Lowe Post Podcast: Rachel Nichols speculates that KD will sign with Knicks in 2019 

Post#122 » by god shammgod » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:34 pm

related to this somewhat - from an nba predictions article

New York trades Courtney Lee

They've been trying, sources say. With Lee on the books, the Knicks can carve out about $30 million in room depending on where they draft -- that's about $8 million short of Durant's max, and $3 million below the max for a player with between seven and nine years of experience.

They would prefer not to sacrifice a second-round pick in shedding Lee's $12.7 million salary for 2019-20. That is going to be harder than you'd think, and maybe harder than it should be. New York needs to find a playoff team that values Lee's on-court contributions more than the cap space it would sacrifice to get him.

Example: Lee to Utah for Alec Burks, on an $11 million expiring deal. The Jazz have hoarded potential space for this summer, but what are their odds of luring anyone better than Lee? They might stay over the cap to re-sign their own free agents, anyway. But they are so deep in wings, it might not be worth the trouble.

Lee to New Orleans for Alexis Ajinca and Darius Miller worked until New Orleans dealt Ajinca to the Clippers. Lee wouldn't close the Pellies' hole at small forward, but he's better than Miller (and Wesley Johnson.)

The more radical move for New York: shopping Tim Hardaway Jr. Good luck.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24988629/zach-lowe-crazy-predictions-2018-19-nba-season
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#123 » by Greenie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:36 pm

KD ain’t built for NY.
He gets half of what we gave Melo and dude is crumbling.

No thanks.

I’m here for Klay. Klay won’t GAF.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#124 » by RHODEY » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Greenie wrote:KD ain’t built for NY.

No thanks.

If Kevin is searching for true respect, perhaps he would consider us. What better way to reverse the stigma of joining a loaded team? He's got rings but perhaps he still wants that respect.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,956

Post#125 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:02 pm

awy wrote:y'all crazy for preferring kyrie over kd. absolutely mental.

kd at his size and skill is impossible to really shut down. he won't have many 'bad games'. his defense is pretty elite now too. he doesn't need to be oakley to be productive. his skill and measurements is a cheat code that allows him to be a unique weapon even when 'soft'.

but more importantly, he's probably reading this thread right now and ppl hating on him is gonna make him not want to come. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: let's chill with that.

the only problem with KD is his age. other than that...

and i thought about the lineup... but you just find a way. he can still guard forwards.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,267

Post#126 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 pm

KD could make this the first C/F Front line that is completely 7 feet and over. With Frank, that's a potentially scary defensive juggernaut.
ImageImageImage
cgf
RealGM

Post#127 » by cgf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:21 pm

No thanks.

A) KD is a better player than Melo, and he doesn't have those super frustrating holes in his game that he has just never addressed, that made it so annoying that Melo never chose to put an emphasis on improving his defense or creating for others outside of that one season where point-forward-Melo looked like an absolute monster.

B) KD's got rings and finals MVPs...even before going to GSW he made it to the finals and WCFs...while Melo had a long list of 1st round exits. And KD would achieve more in NYC than Melo did because he's better and would have more help which leads right into:

C) A lot of the frustration with Melo came from the trade to get him preventing the team from having the assets to build a real squad around him...especially with how fun STAT & that young team were to watch for that half-season leading up to the Melo trade. Which wouldn't be a factor with KD coming in FA...especially with KP giving us 1 young star on the team already; regardless of what Knox, Frank, the 2019 FRP, Mitch, Zo, Dot, etc. amount to.

And finally; KD may go off on social media and get riled up by silly ****, but he responds to that by winning finals MVPs. Not by succumbing to the pressure & crumbling...this isn't LeBron we're talking about :wink:

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
cgf
RealGM

Post#128 » by cgf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

kd at his size and skill is impossible to really shut down. he won't have many 'bad games'. his defense is pretty elite now too. he doesn't need to be oakley to be productive. his skill and measurements is a cheat code that allows him to be a unique weapon even when 'soft'.

but more importantly, he's probably reading this thread right now and ppl hating on him is gonna make him not want to come. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: let's chill with that.

and i thought about the lineup... but you just find a way. he can still guard forwards.

And with his skillset & game, his age wouldn't even really become a concern unless he wants a 2nd contract from us.

I mean; we're talking about a 7 ft sniper without a major injury history and who has a skilled/quick playing style that doesn't require the kind of physical beating that most other 7fters in NBA history have absorbed. A guy who may not have even reached the absolute peak of his abilities yet. as his game has continually evolved. I dunno if LeBron will be able to play until he's 40, but KD will...especially if the next evolution in his game is going to be his playmaking as a primary ballhandler.

cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#129 » by cuyankees » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Love KD's game and hope he'd come to the Knicks, but that's just pipe dream stuff.

Thinking a guy who creates burner accounts and wastes time addressing social media hating nobodies will come to the toughest, insensitive place in the US calls for a clearance on bridge selling in aisle 7.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#130 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm

cgf wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

And with his skillset & game, his age wouldn't even really become a concern unless he wants a 2nd contract from us.

I mean; we're talking about a 7 ft sniper without a major injury history and who has a skilled/quick playing style that doesn't require the kind of physical beating that most other 7fters in NBA history have absorbed. A guy who may not have even reached the absolute peak of his abilities yet. as his game has continually evolved. I dunno if LeBron will be able to play until he's 40, but KD will...especially if the next evolution in his game is going to be his playmaking as a primary ballhandler.

KD broke his foot. has screws. i think that's a time bomb.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#131 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:47 pm

yeah, i don't think KD is built for NY at all.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#132 » by TruthBeTold » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:50 pm

:lol: Sorry fans, I just can't waste my time reading foolish assumptions that doesn't make any sense in this NBA era. You guys love to listen to these so call experts and then make your foolish conclusions about the possibility of KD leaving a championship team for a rebuilding team, to do what Melo couldn't. The NBA doesn't work like that if the player can control his destination. I CAN ONLY TAKE KD TO KNICKS SERIOUSLY IF HE ANNOUNCE "RIGHT NOW" THAT HE IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING LEAVING GSW AT THE END OF THE SEASON TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS. Let me be the FIRST to say that KD will NEVER say that right now, and it has more to do with his ring collection than how his announcement would affect his teammates.

You guys are talking possibility of KD coming to NYC and I'm saying there is NONE, unless GSW are in decline.

TRUTHBETOLD: I'M WILLING TO BET ANYONE RIGHT NOW THAT IF THE GSW WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2019, THERE IS NO CHANCE KD WILL SIGN WITH THE KNICKS. IF ANYONE DOESN'T BELIEVE THAT, THEN LET'S BET. THE LOSER WILL BE BANNED FOR A YEAR, AND WHY THEY WERE BANNED MUST BE WRITTEN IN THEIR SIG. :lol: WE WILL GET THE MODERATORS INVOLVE FOR THIS BET. :lol: :nod:

RIDICULOUS: A 2 TIME, AND POSSIBLY 3 TIME FINALS MVP, LEAVING A WINNING ORGANIZATION AT THE PEAK OF THE ORGANIZATION'S SUCCESS AND THEIRS, FOR ARGUABLE THE MOST DYSFUNCTIONAL AND INEPT SPORT TEAM IN ALL OF AMERICA. Picture KD in his NEW knicks uniform on his couch watching Golden State Warriors win ANOTHER championship without him. OUCH! :lol: My advice to pondering gamblers, don't fall for the trap that will only make me look good and right like always. :lol: :roll: :lol:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#133 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:51 pm

cgf wrote:

No thanks.

A) KD is a better player than Melo, and he doesn't have those super frustrating holes in his game that he has just never addressed, that made it so annoying that Melo never chose to put an emphasis on improving his defense or creating for others outside of that one season where point-forward-Melo looked like an absolute monster.

B) KD's got rings and finals MVPs...even before going to GSW he made it to the finals and WCFs...while Melo had a long list of 1st round exits. And KD would achieve more in NYC than Melo did because he's better and would have more help which leads right into:

C) A lot of the frustration with Melo came from the trade to get him preventing the team from having the assets to build a real squad around him...especially with how fun STAT & that young team were to watch for that half-season leading up to the Melo trade. Which wouldn't be a factor with KD coming in FA...especially with KP giving us 1 young star on the team already; regardless of what Knox, Frank, the 2019 FRP, Mitch, Zo, Dot, etc. amount to.

And finally; KD may go off on social media and get riled up by silly ****, but he responds to that by winning finals MVPs. Not by succumbing to the pressure & crumbling...this isn't LeBron we're talking about :wink:

well said
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
cgf
RealGM

Post#134 » by cgf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 pm

This isn’t like previous times...like when Screamin A was talkin about LeBron when serious NBA people where saying the Knicks may get STAT & Melo. This time it’s the most serious NBA people who have been stirring the pot on KD while SAS has been screaming about Kyrie all summer.

I don’t think it’ll happen and don’t even want to get my hopes up, but this is different than what happened a decade ago. The buzz is different in the media, our team is different with KP already here and no talk of a KD-trade to rob us of our youth, and hopefully the FO is different.

cgf
RealGM

Post#135 » by cgf » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cgf wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Fair enough, I don’t know enough about foot problems to say. But it hasn’t been an issue since (right?), which is why I don’t worry about it unless our medical staff red flags him.

If it is just a matter of time before his foot is done, then that could cap him, but outside of that foot he should be dangerous until he’s ****ing 40

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#136 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 pm

cgf wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cgf wrote:

Fair enough, I don’t know enough about foot problems to say. But it hasn’t been an issue since (right?), which is why I don’t worry about it unless our medical staff red flags him.

If it is just a matter of time before his foot is done, then that could cap him, but outside of that foot he should be dangerous until he’s ****ing 40

it was a recurring issue until his most recent surgery in 2015. no issues since.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#137 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:35 pm

TruthBeTold wrote::lol: Sorry fans, I just can't waste my time reading foolish assumptions that doesn't make any sense in this NBA era. You guys love to listen to these so call experts and then make your foolish conclusions about the possibility of KD leaving a championship team for a rebuilding team, to do what Melo couldn't. The NBA doesn't work like that if the player can control his destination. I CAN ONLY TAKE KD TO KNICKS SERIOUSLY IF HE ANNOUNCE "RIGHT NOW" THAT HE IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING LEAVING GSW AT THE END OF THE SEASON TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS. Let me be the FIRST to say that KD will NEVER say that right now, and it has more to do with his ring collection than how his announcement will affect his teammates.

You guys are talking possibility of KD coming to NYC and I'm saying there is NONE, unless GSW are in decline.

TRUTHBETOLD: I'M WILLING TO BET ANYONE RIGHT NOW THAT IF THE GSW WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2019, THERE IS NO CHANCE KD WILL SIGN WITH THE KNICKS. IF ANYONE DOESN'T BELIEVE THAT, THEN LET'S BET. THE LOSER WILL BE BANNED FOR A YEAR, AND WHY THEY WERE BANNED MUST BE WRITTEN IN THEIR SIG. :lol: WE WILL GET THE MODERATORS INVOLVE FOR THIS BET. :lol: :nod:

RIDICULOUS: A 2 TIME, AND POSSIBLY 3 TIME FINALS MVP, LEAVING A WINNING ORGANIZATION AT THE PEAK OF THE ORGANIZATION'S SUCCESS AND THEIRS, FOR ARGUABLE THE MOST DYSFUNCTIONAL AND INEPT SPORTS TEAM IN ALL OF AMERICA. Picture KD in his NEW knicks uniform on his couch watching Golden State Warriors win ANOTHER championship without him. OUCH! :lol: My advice to pondering gamblers, don't fall for the trap that will only make me look good and right like always. :lol: :roll: :lol:

I wasn't convinced at all until you starting using the capslock. Then I was sold, utterly.
:D
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#138 » by Greenie » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:10 am

cgf wrote:

No thanks.

And even with all of that he will get crushed here.

He’s not built for NY
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#139 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:14 am

No thanks.

Klay was interviewed at random a few years ago while in NYC by some news reporter asking him about the scaffolding issues. The reporter had no idea he was a pro NBA player and it was just so funny to hear his responses (you could prob find it on Youtube.) His laid back style would fit perfectly in this city and with our media. His actual game would also be perfect and I'd have no problem with the Knicks offering him the full max. He's one of the few upcoming FA's that's actually deserving of that much money. He's criminally underrated IMO.

I'd still prioritize Durant, but Klay would be an incredible coup as well.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,267

Post#140 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:20 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
TruthBeTold wrote::lol: Sorry fans, I just can't waste my time reading foolish assumptions that doesn't make any sense in this NBA era. You guys love to listen to these so call experts and then make your foolish conclusions about the possibility of KD leaving a championship team for a rebuilding team, to do what Melo couldn't. The NBA doesn't work like that if the player can control his destination. I CAN ONLY TAKE KD TO KNICKS SERIOUSLY IF HE ANNOUNCE "RIGHT NOW" THAT HE IS SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING LEAVING GSW AT THE END OF THE SEASON TO PLAY FOR THE KNICKS. Let me be the FIRST to say that KD will NEVER say that right now, and it has more to do with his ring collection than how his announcement will affect his teammates.

RIDICULOUS: A 2 TIME, AND POSSIBLY 3 TIME FINALS MVP, LEAVING A WINNING ORGANIZATION AT THE PEAK OF THE ORGANIZATION'S SUCCESS AND THEIRS, FOR ARGUABLE THE MOST DYSFUNCTIONAL AND INEPT SPORTS TEAM IN ALL OF AMERICA. Picture KD in his NEW knicks uniform on his couch watching Golden State Warriors win ANOTHER championship without him. OUCH! :lol: My advice to pondering gamblers, don't fall for the trap that will only make me look good and right like always. :lol: :roll: :lol:

I wasn't convinced at all until you starting using the capslock. Then I was sold, utterly.
:D

:lol:
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks