ImageImageImageImageImage

Kevin Knox Comparison?

PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Re: Kevin Knox Comparison? 

Post#121 » by PeoplesChamp » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:02 am

Please don't all start losing your minds and dumping on Knox if he doesn't develop into KD...
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#122 » by F N 11 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Sark wrote:Knox is more athletic than Durant, but Durant is and was a much better scorer coming out of school.

Slow slow there Durant is ridiculously athletic. He’s 6’11 with guard handles and a guards jump shot. Moves like a guard. And sneaky withthe hops.

Kevin has the skills but not the fancy part yet. Imagine when his handles tightens up my goodness.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#123 » by Sark » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:52 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Sark wrote:Knox is more athletic than Durant, but Durant is and was a much better scorer coming out of school.

Slow slow there Durant is ridiculously athletic. He’s 6’11 with guard handles and a guards jump shot. Moves like a guard. And sneaky withthe hops.

Kevin has the skills but not the fancy part yet. Imagine when his handles tightens up my goodness.

Yea those are skills you are describing. Durant is definitely ahead of Knox there. I was talking about leaping and running.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#124 » by F N 11 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Sark wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Yea those are skills you are describing. Durant is definitely ahead of Knox there. I was talking about leaping and running.

During is sneaky athletic in that sense too. Hopefully Knox can get more explosive as he matures.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#125 » by awy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:21 pm

there's a bunch of high value, high probability improvements you can pretty much pencil in already.

it's reasonable to project physical maturity leading to more balance and body control during drives. more adept left handed finishing is also likely.

he also showed flashes of good passing and vision, enough to project on.

his frame, athleticism, versatility, and speed of skill progression are all there. maybe he won't reach exactly durant upside but he should be a #1 option. instead of a jumpshot heavy game he might be a foul drawing machine and matchup problem anytime he steps on the court.
hawkguy
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#126 » by hawkguy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Guys, I would lower my expectation in order not to disappoint at a later stage.

Bill Walker is my comparisons to Knox.
NJ-NYK-17
Junior
And1: 431

Post#127 » by NJ-NYK-17 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 pm

hawkguy wrote:Guys, I would lower my expectation in order not to disappoint at a later stage.

I think the real question here is, who is the girl in the avatar??? :P
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,275

Post#128 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:13 pm

hawkguy wrote:Guys, I would lower my expectation in order not to disappoint at a later stage.

I just lowered my expectations of your future posts in order not to disappoint at a later stage.
ImageImageImage
NJ-NYK-17
Junior
And1: 431

Post#129 » by NJ-NYK-17 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:

I just lowered my expectations of your future posts in order not to disappoint at a later stage.

Always someone out there that has to poo-poo things.

I get it, us Knicks fans are miserable bastards

*** directed at the chap who brought up Bill Walker ***
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#130 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:23 pm

NJ-NYK-17 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Always someone out there that has to poo-poo things.

I get it, us Knicks fans are miserable bastards

*** directed at the chap who brought up Bill Walker ***

:lol: Bill effing Walker

ImageImageImage
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,751

Post#131 » by Fat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:33 pm

a better Lebron
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#132 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:37 pm

FatboyRealPetty wrote:a better Lebron

A skinnier Fat Boy with real women
ImageImageImage
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#133 » by cgf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Psh what is with these weak ass comps? Our more athletic Granger who can run the PNR like Rudy Gay, is already better than that bum Durant will ever be...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#134 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:40 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tracy McGrady as a comparison. He was 18 when he came into the league. He had a very smooth game with similar length. McGrady was never a bad defender, above average but nothing special, which is what I'm expecting from Knox.

It's the smoothness that makes the comparison for me.

I can't say that cuz T Mac was an amazing handler fur his height, which opened up so many options that Knox doesn't have. I don't think TMacs skillset is really teachable, you either have it or you don't but I do think Knox could get a better handle in his own regard. Could also get stronger than Tmac was.

T-Mac was basically the point guard on the teams he played for and a great playmaker but I don't think he was like that until signing with Orlando. Knox made a significant improvement in his ball handling and running PNR. So I don't think it's out of the question of him becoming someone like that if he continues to improve. He moves a lot like Giannis in the open court but has modeled his game after Durant. I can't imagine he becoming like those guy but fingers crossed that he does. :lol: Realistically I think he's more like a Gordon Hayward/ Danny Granger hybrid? The shooting and length of Granger with the attacking and playmaking of Hayward.

I see some of Durant in there but it's still crazy how Durant came in at 6'9 and feels like 7foot right now. Dudes just insane. And Knox isn't as good a shooter either but that's not to bash Knox, just saying it's hard to compare him to a generational talent like Durant. But even Durant lite is a damn good player so..
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#135 » by CharlesOakley » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
I can't say that cuz T Mac was an amazing handler fur his height, which opened up so many options that Knox doesn't have. I don't think TMacs skillset is really teachable, you either have it or you don't but I do think Knox could get a better handle in his own regard. Could also get stronger than Tmac was.

T-Mac was basically the point guard on the teams he played for and a great playmaker but I don't think he was like that until signing with Orlando. Knox made a significant improvement in his ball handling and running PNR. So I don't think it's out of the question of him becoming someone like that if he continues to improve. He moves a lot like Giannis in the open court but has modeled his game after Durant. I can't imagine he becoming like those guy but fingers crossed that he does. :lol: Realistically I think he's more like a Gordon Hayward/ Danny Granger hybrid? The shooting and length of Granger with the attacking and playmaking of Hayward.

I see some of Durant in there but it's still crazy how Durant came in at 6'9 and feels like 7foot right now. Dudes just insane. And Knox isn't as good a shooter either but that's not to bash Knox, just saying it's hard to compare him to a generational talent like Durant. But even Durant lite is a damn good player so..

Durant is still listed at 6' 9". I'm pretty sure he was 7' tall when he came into the league.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#136 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:

I think people forget just how good Durant was coming out of Texas. Not calling you out specifically, but Knox wasn't even close to Durant level at Kentucky. It's not fair to Knox to put those comparisons on him based on what he's shown so far.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#137 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:04 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

Durant is still listed at 6' 9". I'm pretty sure he was 7' tall when he came into the league.

This has been covered multiple times.

Durant is 7 feet tall and he has admitted as much himself
ImageImageImage
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#138 » by Nazrmohamed » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:25 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

I think people forget just how good Durant was coming out of Texas. Not calling you out specifically, but Knox wasn't even close to Durant level at Kentucky. It's not fair to Knox to put those comparisons on him based on what he's shown so far.

Oh I didn't forget, which is why I tried to be as careful as possible saying "I see SOME of Durant in there". I think Durant is a demigod in this league and now will start to be spoken about in historical terms. Very rarely do comparisons work if one player is established and accomplished as well. But when I compare I just try to keep it to mannerisms, skill sets. And I maintain that I see SOME Durant in there but I rather let Knox be Knox and enjoy it.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#139 » by cgf » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

He may not have been quite as dominant at Texas as Melo was with Syracuse, but draft year Durant was absolutely amazing. Knox might resemble him biomechanically, but he's not even close that level...and he's not as long as Durant, since KD being listed at 6'9" has been a joke ever since he came into the NBA.

But as was said, even just Durant-lite would be a pretty great player next to the Unicorn :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
SpikJagger
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#140 » by SpikJagger » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:28 pm

I feel like I'm the only one that instantly thinks of a Rudy Gay with length comparison.

Return to New York Knicks