Are We Ther Yet wrote: cgf wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
This. I would like to keep them both. Dot is just odd man out because of his money and his not being better than Baker. Baker has shown enough and is closer to a rotation player than Dot.
If we just stretch Noah...we can keep both.
Stretching Noah now is just too much money on the books for too long for me. I'm not conceding that much flexibility to clean up the previous regime's mistakes...unless we need to stretch Noah next summer to get Kyrie/Kawhi/KD.
Let's see what camp brings, i.e. if Mudiay shows up out of show & his jumper is still broken then we could dump him & keep both Baker n Dot, if Lee is traded for an expiring we could just waive whoever we get for Lee or maybe whoever we get for Lee makes Vonleh expendable, Dot could play his way out of a spot, etc.
After SSeptember 1st...we stretch his final year for 3 years. Same asc waiting until next summer.
EDIT...not that I'm saying that's what I would stretch him for. Just the timing of it doesn't matter after September 1st.
I probably phrased that poorly.
Was more getting at how I think we should just wait it out until we know what the situation next summer will be...i.e. if we have to stretch Noah to sign Kyrie then we do it, but if we can get to 1 Max with Noah on the books & no 2nd guy is interested then I'd either just let Noah expire or deal his expiring for 2-year albatross + pick; something like Noah <---> Dieng + future 1st.
Hell if KD & Kyrie are interested in teaming up, stretching Noah would leave us with too little cap space to make it happen without KD & Kyrie forfeiting ~40M between them (if both signed 4 year deals) or KP having to play on his QO...even if THJr & Lee are dumped completely...wo we might need to dump Noah's cap hit fully.
Which is why I wouldn't commit to stretching Noah until we know what's happening with those FAs & how high we're picking...as picking 3rd instead of 9th would take away almost 4M in capspace, aka almost Knox or Frank's entire cap hit.