ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Thread #2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,487

Re: NFL Thread 2 - New competition - check post 106 

Post#641 » by j4remi » Mon Dec 3, 2018 1:53 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Giants win, Jets lose. Giants :censored: up their tank...unless no team thinks a QB is worth drafting so high this time around. Then again, some team could always trade up past the Giants for one...or the Giants could trade up.

It's hard to envision the Jets moving past Oakland and San Fan (Oakland does have the Bengals still though and they look terrible without a QB); but yesterday was a nice gain for them moving into the top 3 picks. Just gotta lose these next couple to stay locked there.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#642 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Dec 3, 2018 4:37 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Giants win, Jets lose. Giants :censored: up their tank...unless no team thinks a QB is worth drafting so high this time around. Then again, some team could always trade up past the Giants for one...or the Giants could trade up.

Giants aint mess up no tank. Football players are not going to cash it in if they have pride. Its only 16 games. If anything it should be respected that Giants fought back and did not lay down like bitches after the poor start. The Jets? well they laid down with no pride. :o :o
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,757

Post#643 » by Rich Rane » Mon Dec 3, 2018 7:20 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

Giants aint mess up no tank. Football players are not going to cash it in if they have pride. Its only 16 games. If anything it should be respected that Giants fought back and did not lay down like bitches after the poor start. The Jets? well they laid down with no pride. :o :o

Jets entered the season with low expectations in the middle of a rebuild and are now injured to hell and back. You could dress up the Giants season as respectful all you want, but it's still been as terrible a season as the Jets', might be worse with pre-season expectations (maybe not here, but I've seen predictions of a 10-6 record for them).
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#644 » by Mecca » Mon Dec 3, 2018 7:55 pm

Mecca wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Team is not solid. Wanna make an avy bet they finish under .500?

Solid is in the 8 wins range (3 more than last year). So me making a bet wouldn't make much sense. But you're on.

I'm saying they'll win less. I assume solid would mean you project 8-9 wins. Avy bet for 4 months. You're on brother.

lololloololol

And Baker was the best QB in the class btw
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#645 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Dec 3, 2018 8:01 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Jets entered the season with low expectations in the middle of a rebuild and are now injured to hell and back. You could dress up the Giants season as respectful all you want, but it's still been as terrible a season as the Jets', might be worse with pre-season expectations (maybe not here, but I've seen predictions of a 10-6 record for them).

The giants season is terrible. Iim stating the fact there is no ruin to the tank.I would rather go down fighting than lying down like a soft dog. Predictions be dammned. Giants are still ass, but they have pride. There is no QB to die for in this draft.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#646 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:04 am

Haven't posted itt in a bit, but Saquon was so worth that pick. Not a doubt.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#647 » by blueNorange » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:19 pm

it sucks giants missed out on darnold/rosen/pretty boy :laugh:

barkley is already an elite player in the nfl. he's 247 yards away from hitting 2k all purpose yards.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Louielou
Junior
And1: 154

Post#648 » by Louielou » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 pm

blueNorange wrote:it sucks giants missed out on darnold/rosen/pretty boy :laugh:

barkley is already an elite player in the nfl. he's 247 yards away from hitting 2k all purpose yards.

I hate to say it but our dopey GM got it right. Not because I don't think the other QBs won't be good but Barkley really is in discussion to be the best player at his position in the league. I thought his average vision and his proneness to dance a lot would simply just make him a really good back making him not worth passing on a possible franchise QB. He's turned it up to a whole nother level since the Bucs game cutting down on the negative runs.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#649 » by j4remi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:16 am

Louielou wrote:
blueNorange wrote:it sucks giants missed out on darnold/rosen/pretty boy :laugh:

I hate to say it but our dopey GM got it right. Not because I don't think the other QBs won't be good but Barkley really is in discussion to be the best player at his position in the league. I thought his average vision and his proneness to dance a lot would simply just make him a really good back making him not worth passing on a possible franchise QB. He's turned it up to a whole nother level since the Bucs game cutting down on the negative runs.

I'm a Jets fan who's still very bullish on Darnold and even I think yall made the right decision. Barkley's special.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#650 » by cuyankees » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:40 am

j4remi wrote:
Louielou wrote:

I'm a Jets fan who's still very bullish on Darnold and even I think yall made the right decision. Barkley's special.

Was against SB pick but he's proven he's going to the best back very quickly. Concerned about timing bc you want that rookie QB contract to make a run at a chip,the old model of paying your QB is going out the window when you have a QB wiz coach like Rams, Eagles, Bears, etc.
Louielou
Junior

Post#651 » by Louielou » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:10 am

cuyankees wrote:
j4remi wrote:
Louielou wrote:

Was against SB pick but he's proven he's going to the best back very quickly. Concerned about timing bc you want that rookie QB contract to make a run at a chip,the old model of paying your QB is going out the window when you have a QB wiz coach like Rams, Eagles, Bears, etc.

Yep until they fix that, the rookie NFL QB contract will be the best deal in sports. Don't love the QBs in this draft but maybe there's still time to fall for 1.
Louielou
Junior

Post#652 » by Louielou » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:13 am

j4remi wrote:
Louielou wrote:

I still think Darnold could be very good as well but its going to take the right coaching staff and a decent amount of personnel to develop him into the guy he could be.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#653 » by mugzi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:39 am

Giants gonna finish 6-10 with the 14th pick. Dumbazzes
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,453

Post#654 » by damedash09 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 12:52 am

Wow

That kicker won't be able to show his face in chicago
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#655 » by cuyankees » Mon Jan 7, 2019 6:37 pm

damedash09 wrote:Wow

Bartman!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#656 » by j4remi » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:16 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-jaguars-trade-up-for-franchise-qb-raiders-take-dt-at-no-4-eagles-draft-rb/

This mock has the Giants taking my pick for the Jets if the first two go that way. Let's swap picks and yall can take Haskins while we get some added capital.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,872

Post#657 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:58 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

football is week-to-week life-or-death for career. every man plays for his life every week.

smh. football tank. :nonono:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#658 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jan 8, 2019 7:59 pm

i actually just came here to share this smoke.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chicago-brewery-defending-cody-parkey-offering-free-beer-anyone-actually-makes-43-yard-field-goal-032104004.html

AND it was tipped.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#659 » by j4remi » Tue Jan 8, 2019 8:30 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:

https://sports.yahoo.com/chicago-brewery-defending-cody-parkey-offering-free-beer-anyone-actually-makes-43-yard-field-goal-032104004.html

AND it was tipped.

I know some cats I played soccer with that I'd love to see get a crack at this, though we played a decade ago or more so maybe not any more.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#660 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Jan 8, 2019 8:37 pm

j4remi wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

AND it was tipped.

I know some cats I played soccer with that I'd love to see get a crack at this, though we played a decade ago or more so maybe not any more.

those are the only non-football-trained athletes i think would have a shot. i know some soccer players converted to placekickers for NCAA at least.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks