ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Thread #2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Re: NFL Thread 2 - New competition - check post 106 

Post#441 » by Sark » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:48 pm

The Giants could have Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Saquon Barkley, Laveon Bell, Todd Gurley, Rob Gronkowski, and the best O Line of all time, and it means nothing if they don't have a QB.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#442 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:59 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

but then why say it? If its not your part of your argument?

Smh.

The Point was you wanted a QB over a RB. And when RB over QB was brought up you would always make an argument why it should not happen. You sitting here debating names and schit. :lol: :lol:

Like I said. How is that Value looking now....

We got a generational player. Carrot Top aint that.

stating the obvious value of a top pick based on cap ramifications and actually saying I wanted Darnold over Barkley are two separate things...Barkley is a stud and very glad he's a giant. We got a lot of other issues though that might take a bit of time to fix.

Only one here delusional is you. Cause you cant admit to schit. Its your MO. Who gives a **** about cap ramifications and value I never made that argument.

THE SIMPLE Point was you wanted a QB first and foremost, all the other dumb schit you arguing is besides the point to me. It always amazes me how you debate people on real gm.... :lol:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#443 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:01 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Smh.

The Point was you wanted a QB over a RB. And when RB over QB was brought up you would always make an argument why it should not happen. You sitting here debating names and schit. :lol: :lol:

Like I said. How is that Value looking now....

We got a generational player. Carrot Top aint that.

stating the obvious value of a top pick based on cap ramifications and actually saying I wanted Darnold over Barkley are two separate things...Barkley is a stud and very glad he's a giant. We got a lot of other issues though that might take a bit of time to fix.

Only one here delusional is you. Cause you cant admit to schit. Its your MO. Who gives a **** about cap ramifications and value I never made that argument.

THE SIMPLE Point was you wanted a QB first and foremost, all the other dumb schit you arguing is besides the point to me. It always amazes me how you debate people on real gm.... :lol:

you were looking for an argument from the minute you posted that...so you do you
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#444 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

you were looking for an argument from the minute you posted that...so you do you

actually no. I was looking for a joke, that you made into argument.I clearly said Im just messing with you. But your debating gene could not see that and went into...I will argue every point thats not be made to have a point to say. I explained what I meant by "did not want" and still you go into me thinking I was saying you did not think Barkley was good. Which I never once said or implied and all kinds of other stuff .

I also told you page ago DONT look that DEEP into what I said. But of course you cant help yourself.... :lol:

Not sure why you trying to read to deep in this...You know how I do.....
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#445 » by E-Balla » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:07 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
you can't develop any plays down field when you have no time in the pocket. Flecher Cox was in Eli's grill within one second on most throws. Omameh was ripped a new one...and solider on the first deep play action was beat right off the ball and almost was a sack fumble safety or recovery for a TD. It's a combination of a lot of things...but I can't blame the play calls when really we are forced to do so little cause we can't block and eli is a statue back there.

So they should've called slants. Y'all ran slants 50 times last year and killed us because Gym Shorts refused to press or cover y'all closely.

I don't believe the slants were open. The linebackers were dropping into the slant areas...it is why barkley was open on the quick screen plays all the time because the backers we getting into the slant drops.

Nah y'all just didn't run them. Kept lining up in run formations that's why Barkley had to break 9 tackles to get 9 yards each play.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#446 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:39 pm

E-Balla wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:So they should've called slants. Y'all ran slants 50 times last year and killed us because Gym Shorts refused to press or cover y'all closely.

I don't believe the slants were open. The linebackers were dropping into the slant areas...it is why barkley was open on the quick screen plays all the time because the backers we getting into the slant drops.

Nah y'all just didn't run them. Kept lining up in run formations that's why Barkley had to break 9 tackles to get 9 yards each play.

we just aren't good regardless...which is why I don't blame play calls. Players aren't good enough. Talent isn't there.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#447 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:48 pm

this was suppose to be our GM if we had a competent run franchise!

ROSTER

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#448 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:49 pm

mpharris36 wrote:There is also so much talk about OBJ this OBJ that and walking off the field for 2 seconds (where the giants checked down and didn't even take a shot anyway).

Lets get this straight there are about 100 bigger problems on the Giants than OBJ right now. Is he sometimes difficult to deal with and a nutty....so what. He is getting cloud coverage the entire game where he is taking two players completely out of the play. Ok so some people don't always like his attitude...if the giants were winning no one would care.

The 70 year old GM, the offenisve line along with Eli Mannings future, and no pass rush on defense are much much much bigger concerns then all the people complaining about OBJ being a cancer.

OBJ's talents outweighs his personality, but also idgaf if he's cursing up a storm to pump himself up because it's never directed at players ... it's directed at himself only.

get him a big arm qb and he'll be happy.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#449 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 pm

mpharris36 wrote:as far as the giants go the 3 most important positions in football the giants are a disaster at...qb on the way out, horrible offensive line, and horrible defensive line with no pass rush. Those are also the 3 hardest positions to fill especially via FA because they are the most expensive....lot of work cut out for this team.

the offensive line hasn't really been much of a problem this year, it's not good but it hasn't been the problem.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#450 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:53 pm

i wanted a qb too but knew barkey was the BPA because at the time the thought was the giants would never be in a position where they're picking 2nd for a long time.

it's moot though now because they may have back to back drafts with barkley then herbert :D

and if there's anything gettleman has done good since being giants gm is drafting.

barkley is a stud
hernandez is gonna be a stud
hill is shockingly already a stud
carter has the makings to be a stud.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#451 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:56 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:There is also so much talk about OBJ this OBJ that and walking off the field for 2 seconds (where the giants checked down and didn't even take a shot anyway).

Lets get this straight there are about 100 bigger problems on the Giants than OBJ right now. Is he sometimes difficult to deal with and a nutty....so what. He is getting cloud coverage the entire game where he is taking two players completely out of the play. Ok so some people don't always like his attitude...if the giants were winning no one would care.

The 70 year old GM, the offensive line along with Eli Mannings future, and no pass rush on defense are much much much bigger concerns then all the people complaining about OBJ being a cancer.

OBJ's talents outweighs his personality, but also idgaf if he's cursing up a storm to pump himself up because it's never directed at players ... it's directed at himself only.

get him a big arm qb and he'll be happy.

it really doesn't bother me either way. He never lolligags it on the field and is even a willing blocker. He is not a diva WR in that sense. He goes 100% when he is on the field.

He is the least of our issues but it gets highlighted because people don't like the way he acts...he cares about winning and playing well I will take that over some nonchalant guy who looks disinterested.

The right side of the o-line is not even competitive right now and you have a immobile QB playing scared...that is our main issues along with a defense that can't get any pressure on the QB.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#452 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:56 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:as far as the giants go the 3 most important positions in football the giants are a disaster at...qb on the way out, horrible offensive line, and horrible defensive line with no pass rush. Those are also the 3 hardest positions to fill especially via FA because they are the most expensive....lot of work cut out for this team.

the offensive line hasn't really been much of a problem this year, it's not good but it hasn't been the problem.

ummmmm what????

Louis Riddick a respected NFL guy that was in the running for our GM said our offensive line is pure sh*t and the right side of our offensive line is the worst he's even seen.

What in the world are you watching? Barkley has to make like 5 guys miss at the line of scrimmage by himself...they are one of the worst groups ive seen in years.

ROSTER

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#453 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:06 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

ummmmm what????

Louis Riddick a respected NFL guy that was in the running for our GM said our offensive line is pure sh*t and the right side of our offensive line is the worst he's even seen.

What in the world are you watching? Barkley has to make like 5 guys miss at the line of scrimmage by himself...they are one of the worst groups ive seen in years.

lol yeah you're right, though will hernandez is a tank.

here's the pff rankings of the giants linemen

Solder - #31
Wheeler - #66
Hernandez - #4
Omameh - #55
Greco - #33
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#454 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:08 pm

things to keep in mind, if giants cut eli they save 17mm. if they cut jenkins they save 7mm.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#455 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:10 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:the offensive line hasn't really been much of a problem this year, it's not good but it hasn't been the problem.

ummmmm what????

lol yeah you're right, though will hernandez is a tank.

here's the pff rankings of the giants linemen

Solder - #31
Wheeler - #66
Hernandez - #4
Omameh - #55
Greco - #33

hernandez has a future here I will absolutely give him that. He is a rookie and has shown flashes so I can see a future with him.

My issues remain (solder will be solid) but remember he is the highest paid offensive lineman in football right now...its not acceptable that he is the 31st ranked lineman.

Omameh and Wheeler are atrocious (and flowers was just as bad). The right side isn't even competitive. Greco is not a starter either...

ROSTER

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,262

Post#456 » by DOT » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#457 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:19 pm

blueNorange wrote:things to keep in mind, if giants cut eli they save 17mm. if they cut jenkins they save 7mm.

If they do draft a QB in the top 5 wherever they pick that go will make about 5-6 million. So thats about 11 million saved on a Eli cut.

Vernon is another candidate to be cut. He makes so much money as is he really worth it? Problem is outside of this year he usually always plays 16 games and its so hard to find a decent pass rusher. Even last night not playing at 100% he was the only lineman to occassional get pressure on the QB.

Jenkins def needs to get cut the dude has completely checked out last two years after that amazing year during our playoff run.

we are stuck with omameh another year because of his high cap hit which sounds horrible.

They absolutely cannot sign landon collins to a big contract. He just isn't enough of a difference maker on defense to warrant the high payday he will get. Gets sucked in way to easily and is bad in coverage. I would actually look to trade him before the deadline and see if you can get a decent draft pick for him.

You might even consider trading Sterling Sheppard. We obviously wont be paying him in a couple years with us paying OBJ. And Sheppard while good it doesn't matter if we can't address the O-line.

ROSTER

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#458 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:22 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:things to keep in mind, if giants cut eli they save 17mm. if they cut jenkins they save 7mm.

If they do draft a QB in the top 5 wherever they pick that go will make about 5-6 million. So thats about 11 million saved on a Eli cut.

Vernon is another candidate to be cut. He makes so much money as is he really worth it? Problem is outside of this year he usually always plays 16 games and its so hard to find a decent pass rusher. Even last night not playing at 100% he was the only lineman to occassional get pressure on the QB.

Jenkins def needs to get cut the dude has completely checked out last two years after that amazing year during our playoff run.

we are stuck with omameh another year because of his high cap hit which sounds horrible.

They absolutely cannot sign landon collins to a big contract. He just isn't enough of a difference maker on defense to warrant the high payday he will get. Gets sucked in way to easily and is bad in coverage. I would actually look to trade him before the deadline and see if you can get a decent draft pick for him.

i'd keep vernon, he's a playmaker on defense when he's healthy.

perhaps restructure the contract, he's a 11.5mm cap save.

i disagree with collins, he's a good player. he's ranked #23 and that's playing with webb, riley, and jenkins back there.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#459 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:25 pm

blueNorange wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

i'd keep vernon, he's a playmaker on defense when he's healthy.

perhaps restructure the contract, he's a 11.5mm cap save.

i disagree with collins, he's a good player. he's ranked #23 and that's playing with webb, riley, and jenkins back there.

he a fine player, that is collins. He will request top end Safety money and with our issues all over the place he isn't worth that. He's basically a weak side linebacker playing safety. Great in the box...horrible in coverage.

PFF is a nice tool to use but there is plenty of eye test on Collins to know we shouldnt be paying him top flight safety money...we have cap restrictions and they money needs to be distributed elsewhere.

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#460 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:27 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Read on Twitter

Prob could be a beast for you. Our coaching has sucked since he was drafted.

Return to New York Knicks