ImageImageImageImageImage

NFL Thread #2

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: NFL Thread 2 - New competition - check post 106 

Post#481 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:04 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
blueNorange wrote:the jaguars offensive line coach is pat flaherty who was the offensive line coach here in 2014-15.

so isn't flowers going back to a offensive line coach who couldn't correct him in the first place? is pat flaherty now better because he's in jacksonville?

or perhaps flowers is a lost cause and now 3 different coaching staffs couldn't correct the problem he had in college.

Um dude was drafted after he left. Pat Flaherty was a good O Line coach.

He was never his O Line coach. So you must be talking out your ass at this point :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24942203/new-york-giants-place-former-first-round-pick-ereck-flowers-waivers

thats not true, supposedly they had a huge fight Flowers rookie year (some suggest thats why flaherty was let go).

Flowers' time with the Giants was filled with uneven play and questionable moments. He had a confrontation with former offensive line coach Pat Flaherty during his rookie season and was an outcast for most of his time in the offensive line room. He pushed a reporter after a loss during the 2016 season. Flowers and fellow lineman Bobby Hart also weren't part of the team's Secret Santa program last year and asked out of the team's finale, according to multiple sources.

Well his last year should be 2016, not 2015 since that was the year he drafted.... he actually coached the 2015 -2016 season. I was going off the years that BNO Posted.

Oddly enough Flowers SOLID for a ookie that year...

The Giants were tied for 26th in the league in sacks allowed and had the No. 8-ranked offense, but struggled to run the ball for much of the season, finishing 18th in rushing offense thanks in large part to a sensational stretch run by running back Rashad Jennings.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#482 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Um dude was drafted after he left. Pat Flaherty was a good O Line coach.

He was never his O Line coach. So you must be talking out your ass at this point :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24942203/new-york-giants-place-former-first-round-pick-ereck-flowers-waivers

thats not true, supposedly they had a huge fight Flowers rookie year (some suggest thats why flaherty was let go).

Flowers' time with the Giants was filled with uneven play and questionable moments. He had a confrontation with former offensive line coach Pat Flaherty during his rookie season and was an outcast for most of his time in the offensive line room. He pushed a reporter after a loss during the 2016 season. Flowers and fellow lineman Bobby Hart also weren't part of the team's Secret Santa program last year and asked out of the team's finale, according to multiple sources.

Well his last year should be 2016 not 2015 since that was the year he drafted.... he coached the 2015 -2016 season. I was going off the years that BNO Posted.

The Giants were tied for 26th in the league in sacks allowed and had the No. 8-ranked offense, but struggled to run the ball for much of the season, finishing 18th in rushing offense thanks in large part to a sensational stretch run by running back Rashad Jennings.

oh never questioned that flaherty wasn't a good coach I just know he did coach him his rookie year. They had a lot of fights though. Flaherty is a tough ass and Flowers just doesn't give a damn and thats the biggest reason flowers failed I feel like he was never receptive to coaching or getting better with his technique.

I also heard a story that after he was benched, wheeler got hurt and had to come out for a play or so and flowers refused to replace him because he wasn't a starter anymore...that is some bogus sh*t if you ask me.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-giants-ereck-flowers-story-111715?amp=true

im actually surprised he wants him back in Jacksonville...but we shall see how it works out.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#483 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Well his last year should be 2016 not 2015 since that was the year he drafted.... he coached the 2015 -2016 season. I was going off the years that BNO Posted.

oh never questioned that flaherty wasn't a good coach I just know he did coach him his rookie year. They had a lot of fights though. Flaherty is a tough ass and Flowers just doesn't give a damn and thats the biggest reason flowers failed I feel like he was never receptive to coaching or getting better with his technique.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-giants-ereck-flowers-story-111715?amp=true

im actually surprised he wants him back in Jacksonville...but we shall see how it works out.

This is what I mean by you MPH. You read something different than whats said. I know what your point was with posting that. :o
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#484 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

This is what I mean by you MPH. You read something different than whats said. I know what your point was with posting that. :o

there was no point than just saying flaherty did coach flowers...I didn't even read your guys messages other than I knew they had a history before because flaherty yelled at him a lot. I was just correcting a statement
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#485 » by DOT » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I also heard a story that after he was benched, wheeler got hurt and had to come out for a play or so and flowers refused to replace him because he wasn't a starter anymore...that is some bogus sh*t if you ask me.

It's cause there's literally nobody else that we can get without trading

I think he's just insurance, and we're gonna play Richardson over him unless he shows out in practice, just sucks that our line is getting injured this bad
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#486 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 pm

All I know is that Solder is ass and he wasn't in NE. That should explain what the Giants coaching staff looks like right now. This coaching staff breeds no confidence. Even our D Coordinator was better before he got here.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,396
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#487 » by E-Balla » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
we have skill position talent all over the place...we can't protect the QB and we can't rush the QB...football is still the same sport it is won and lost in the trenches.

Your d-line manhandled our offensive line last night and Wentz was kept upright for the entire game. Thats how a game is controlled and won.

Read on Twitter

You think the coaching on the O-Line is any good? They don't do basic ****. Never seen a line blow as many chips as them. They just go straight to the second level and the D-Line dominates them. Will the only good one.

the coaching isn't good I never suggested it is good. But the talent up front for the most part blows. The entire right side and center are complete trash no names. Solder is a vet that should be having a better year and Hernendez is a solid rookie.

But the right side is non competitive talent wise. Do you really think the giants coaches are telling them how to poorly block and chip double teams? I mean these are professionals I seriously doubt that...they just aren't good players for the most part.

They aren't telling them to complete the block before moving up I can say that. All members of the line but Hernandez do it.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#488 » by blue and orange » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:17 am

Don’t ever sign anyone from NE ever they are never the same after they leave like when the Giants signed Vereen.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Post#489 » by Fat Kat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:46 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#490 » by Fat Kat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#491 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:16 pm

blue and orange wrote:Don’t ever sign anyone from NE ever they are never the same after they leave like when the Giants signed Vereen.

Its funny cause it applies to most of the coaches to... :lol:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#492 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Not to Early for a new Barkley Mix right? Nah...

Rookie of the year.....

el13adnino
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,855

Post#493 » by el13adnino » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:31 am

I’m ready for some more NYG sukcing
:crazy:
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,364

Post#494 » by Strick » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:06 am

Justin Herbert started off pretty poorly, finished the half with an incredible TD pass, and then had a good overall 2nd half.

Giants need to go QB in this draft and Herbert is looking like a really solid prospect. Has all the tools you could want. Not the biggest fan of their system though, honestly
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
Louielou
Junior
And1: 154

Post#495 » by Louielou » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Interesting thread here. People still defending the decision to go all in with Eli this year even as 3-13 wasn't alarming enough to signal this team needed to rebuild and stock up not use their #2 draft choice on a luxury pick. Gettleman effed up this start big time and people acting like backing into Herbert is all some part of master plan. Please he's one guy standing out amongst a diluted QB crop this year.
Louielou
Junior
And1: 154

Post#496 » by Louielou » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:18 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:All I know is that Solder is ass and he wasn't in NE. That should explain what the Giants coaching staff looks like right now. This coaching staff breeds no confidence. Even our D Coordinator was better before he got here.

He was never great. Gettleman panic signed him to that monster deal when Norwell plan didn't fall through
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#497 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:17 pm

el13adnino wrote:I’m ready for some more NYG sukcing

Im waiting for the panthers to win a super bowl....

Whats that Trophy case looking like

Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#498 » by Fat Kat » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Another win. Another good showing by Darnold
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#499 » by blueNorange » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Louielou wrote:Interesting thread here. People still defending the decision to go all in with Eli this year even as 3-13 wasn't alarming enough to signal this team needed to rebuild and stock up not use their #2 draft choice on a luxury pick. Gettleman effed up this start big time and people acting like backing into Herbert is all some part of master plan. Please he's one guy standing out amongst a diluted QB crop this year.

except barkley isn’t a luxury pick, he’s weapon that’s averaging 130+ total yards per game

he may very well end with 100
receptions

he’s a dual threat option
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#500 » by blue and orange » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:34 am

el13adnino wrote:I’m ready for some more NYG sukcing

Remember when the Panthers went 15-1 and lost to the corpse of Peyton Manning, and Cam Newton threw up on the big stage like Willie Beaman.

Return to New York Knicks