ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Twitter Thread on 3 Decades of Russian & Mafia Relationships with Trump

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,774

Re: OT: Twitter Thread on 3 Decades of Russian & Mafia Relationships with Trump 

Post#101 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Aug 3, 2018 10:14 pm

Just dropping by for a second, but yeah, the dossier was initiated by Republicans (and Earthman knows better and have been told the facts about the dossier in other threads multiple times, yet they continue to lie about it, so............)
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,005

Post#102 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 3, 2018 10:18 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:Just dropping by for a second, but yeah, the dossier was initiated by Republicans (and Earthman knows better and have been told the facts about the dossier in other threads multiple times, yet they continue to lie about it, so............)

And THAT'S what makes having intelligent conversations about all this next to impossible. They won't agree to facts!
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,962

Post#103 » by Capn'O » Fri Aug 3, 2018 10:19 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Just dropping by for a second, but yeah, the dossier was initiated by Republicans (and Earthman knows better and have been told the facts about the dossier in other threads multiple times, yet they continue to lie about it, so............)

And THAT'S what makes having intelligent conversations about all this next to impossible. They won't agree to "facts"!

Even when you write it in blue...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,413

Post#104 » by DOT » Fri Aug 3, 2018 10:23 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

And THAT'S what makes having intelligent conversations about all this next to impossible. They won't agree to "facts"!

I don't even feel bad about it

Dude been told multiple times to cut the bullsh*t

I don't get what goes through the heads of types like that
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#105 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 3, 2018 10:48 pm

Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

They, apparently, have what's called "alternative facts."

Free Palestine
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,237

Post#106 » by Kampuchea » Sat Aug 4, 2018 12:55 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

And THAT'S what makes having intelligent conversations about all this next to impossible. They won't agree to facts!

Who is included in "they"

Conservatives?
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#107 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 4, 2018 2:55 am

Kampuchea wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Who is included in "they"

Conservatives?

Common sense would likely tell you the majority of "they" he's referring to in a TRUMP titled Thread would be TRUMP supporters.

You likely knew that tho, but just wanted to be cheeky and cute. :roll:

...Or maybe, I take too much for granted in assuming anything to do with Trump does NOT associate with "common sense." Including, but not limited to, his supporters. :roll:

:wassup:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#108 » by ChilledAlex » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:29 am

It's always the same, they believe **** insane conspiracy theories which makes no sense and have been debunked over and over again, but they refuse to believe something thats ****ing obvious to a 5year old.

I don't understand what has gone wrong and how is that possible but theres just prime example of that in this thread. :noway:
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#109 » by Kampuchea » Sat Aug 4, 2018 9:05 am

magnumt wrote:
Common sense would likely tell you the majority of "they" he's referring to in a TRUMP titled Thread would be TRUMP supporters.

...Or maybe, I take too much for granted in assuming anything to do with Trump does NOT associate with "common sense." Including, but not limited to, his supporters. :roll:

:facepalm:

I don’t recommend assuming everyone has the same train of thought. Every Trump supporter is not the same, plenty are just misguided but still not bad people.

It’s unfortunate that some try to further separate this country into the US vs THEM, instead of trying to bring people together.

—Kam :beer:
Kampuchea
RealGM

Post#110 » by Kampuchea » Sat Aug 4, 2018 1:42 pm

I find some of these old mafia stories fascinating. This is from 1988, discussing the control in the construction industry

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/30/nyregion/mob-role-in-new-york-construction-depicted.html
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Post#111 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Aug 4, 2018 2:10 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
magnumt wrote:

I don’t recommend assuming everyone has the same train of thought. Every Trump supporter is not the same, plenty are just misguided but still not bad people.

It’s unfortunate that some try to further separate this country into the US vs THEM, instead of trying to bring people together.

Maybe you were trying to be cute :roll:

—Kampuchea :beer:

IMO it is a travesty that Republicans are the "party of conservatives." Trump clearly has violated any religious conservatism in his marriages, affairs, and even remarks about the Pope. The Republican party is republican in name only. Republicans are supposed to trumpet STATE RIGHTS and not impose federal law on all states thus taking away freedoms. Most of the point of the Constitution was to remove the chances of a dictator or king. A true conservative would be demanding that the spirit of the law, the LETTER OF THE LAW, be enforced regardless of who would be losing power. Imagine if the R's turned on Trump, got him removed (put in their guy Pence) and then they could at least pretend to stand on a pillar of righteousness.

Right now while we are chasing our tails talking about real facts vs fake facts, REAL LAWS are being put into play. Slight tangent, but to some extent, it feels that Trump is the banana in the tail pipe in that regard.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,957

Post#112 » by Fat Kat » Sat Aug 4, 2018 2:55 pm

ChilledAlex wrote:

It's always the same, they believe **** insane conspiracy theories which makes no sense and have been debunked over and over again, but they refuse to believe something thats ****ing obvious to a 5year old.

I don't understand what has gone wrong and how is that possible but theres just prime example of that in this thread. :noway:

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 4, 2018 5:50 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
magnumt wrote:

I think you're probably right. There are still some out there who are just woefully uneducated about the facts and the issues. They've fallen into a rut of watching Fox "news" and listening to right wing radio talk shows. But it's almost impossible to talk to most of them. If you can't agree to basic facts, then how can you come to any consensus?
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,774

Post#114 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 4, 2018 5:54 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
magnumt wrote:

I think you're probably right. There are still some out there who are just woefully uneducated about the facts and the issues. They've fallen into a rut of watching Fox "news" and listening to right wing radio talk shows. But it's almost impossible to talk to most of them. If you can't agree to basic facts, then how can you come to any consensus?

ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#115 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:00 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

I mean, look at this QANON bs. How are we going to have a conversation with these nut bags?

Free Palestine
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#116 » by Dave DaButcher » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:10 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

My proudest moment of 2016 was making this evil crone storm out of a conference room after I challenged her on her ridiculous assertion that Trump's offensive insults of Judge Curiel were not racist. (This was at a lunch I attended where she was supposed to give an "unbiased" pollster's view of the then upcoming presidential election, not long before she joined the Trump campaign.)

In any case, 93 days until the midterms. You know what to do people!
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#117 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
magnumt wrote:

...But they were "informed" enough to:
    • Vote for him
    • Comment in his Defense
    • Write articles & tweets on the subject

Also Kampuchea, getting testy are we?! :lol: I certainly don't want you take yo ur shovel & pail and go home! :lol:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,548

Post#118 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:15 pm

I find that hilarious. Sure the dems used it. After the republicans were done with it.

Living in a post factual America now.

Face it, this country houses the most talented propagandists anywhere on the planet. Hollywood, Madison avenue. What is advertising except becoming adept at convincing someone something that isn't true, is true? It was only a matter of time before we as a nation engaged their talents for internal use. I mean, that time started years ago; it's more that we are reaping the "benefits" now.

In the hard totalitarian nations, the central government runs the propaganda.

In the US of A, it's the government, the private sector, and a partnership between the two. But mostly, we just free market the propaganda.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#119 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Aug 4, 2018 6:33 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

My proudest moment of 2016 was making this evil crone storm out of a conference room after I challenged her on her ridiculous assertion that Trump's offensive insults of Judge Curiel were not racist. (This was at a lunch I attended where she was supposed to give an "unbiased" pollster's view of the then upcoming presidential election, not long before she joined the Trump campaign.)

In any case, 93 days until the midterms. You know what to do people!

You the man. More details, please.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,334

Post#120 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 4, 2018 7:32 pm

Clyde Style wrote

"Not that every racially motivated statement can be pinned down as overtly racist, but with Trump there is an undeniable history of attacking black people with a high profile. So if you are going to say that there is nothing racial about his attacks then you could also say Trump made no statements after Charlottesville with racial implications."

The other Trump thread got locked but I want to respond.

You can assume everything he says is racist but...there was no racist tone to his words . You can assume he is attacking LeBron because he's black. There was still no racist tone to his words. You can absolutely conclude that he's attacking LeBron because LeBron dissed him. There's more "proof" that his tweet was sent because LeBron trashed him in public than him making a racist comment because...his words did not evoke racism. That's what I'm saying.

Whatever that other poster was saying about Q.... :lol: I don't even know what that is.

Trump is now...and ALWAYS HAS BEEN a POS elitist human being. He's been found guilty of racist business practices. There's no reason for anyone to ever think he's a decent human being. There is ZERO reason for anyone to think he's worthy of being President of the PTA let alone the country.

He's a used car salesman. A dumb one at that. His role on The Apprentice must have fooled a lot of younger people but, anyone who was old enough to remember the 70's-80's-90's....especially in the tri state area....they know him for the pile of crap he is. I would question anyone's sanity who was alive then and supports him now. I'm shocked when I see people that remember that era and say they voted for him. Until they say...they thought he was the lesser of two evils. People were really not feeling Shillary at all. Bernie chickened out. Trump got the back door win. The electoral college. It's all a dog and pony puppet show in the end.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks