ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe Budden: "Jimmy Butler wants to join the Knicks"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,366

Re: Joe Budden: "Jimmy Butler wants to join the Knicks" 

Post#81 » by god shammgod » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:39 pm

i'm fine with waiting, but what's the chance the knicks actually wait til 2021 ? very little i would say. this rebuild year is about kp being injured more than anything. this same management was trying to make the playoffs last year. if they whiff on kyrie/butler, they're gonna throw the bag at kemba.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#82 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:46 pm

K-DOT wrote:We hear this all the time though

Y'all been convinced we're trading for anyone. Kyrie, Kawhi, Kemba, now Jimmy just this past year

I'll believe it when I see it

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

I find comfort in this but Mills gives me a bad vibe sometimes. He has that feen with itchy skin vibe about him sometimes when it comes to bringing a big name (s) here.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#83 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:i'm fine with waiting, but what's the chance the knicks actually wait til 2021 ? very little i would say. this rebuild year is about kp being injured more than anything. this same management was trying to make the playoffs last year. if they whiff on kyrie/butler, they're gonna throw the bag at kemba.

Like waiting no matter what? Even if KD wants to come here? Or where do you draw the line?

I think either of these six would be fine: KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler, Kemba, Klay. If you somehow can get two, even better.

There really isn't a point in waiting for two more years, when KP is still on the team. You are not getting a top5 pick (maybe not even a top10) in those two years till 2021 with him playing. You can develop your guys in the play-offs. Like Celtics and Sixers are doing right now.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#84 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:52 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i'm fine with waiting, but what's the chance the knicks actually wait til 2021 ? very little i would say. this rebuild year is about kp being injured more than anything. this same management was trying to make the playoffs last year. if they whiff on kyrie/butler, they're gonna throw the bag at kemba.

Like waiting no matter what? Even if KD wants to come here? Or where do you draw the line?

I think either of these six would be fine: KD, Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler, Kemba, Klay. If you somehow can get two, even better.

There really isn't a point in waiting for two more years, when KP is still on the team. You are not getting a top5 pick (maybe not even a top10) in those two years till 2021 with him playing. You can develop your guys in the play-offs. Like Celtics and Sixers are doing right now.

I personally don't feel the latter 3 move the needle enough by themselves and IMO if you are only gonna get one of those latter 3 you are better off not spending that money and keep developing young guys.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#85 » by god shammgod » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:53 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:

i think you misunderstood. i'm fine with waiting or not waiting. i only mentioned butler/kyrie because i think they're the only guys in your list who we have an actual shot at besides kemba. i worry about them settling for someone not worthy of a max. someone like kemba.
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#86 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:it really only matters than he's probably untradeable on his own for an expiring right now, not where he is on the list of who's worse. hope he has a great year. that's probably the only way we can convince someone to take him at the deadline.

Well then, by that criteria who on the roster of our big money guys are moveable on his own for an expiring? Kanter? And that would only be b/c he's an expiring contract himself
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#87 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:58 pm

god shammgod wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:

i think you misunderstood. i'm fine with waiting or not waiting. i only mentioned butler/kyrie because i think they're the only guys in your list who we have an actual shot at. i worry about them settling for someone not worthy of a max. someone like kemba.

I mean, I'am fine with waiting or not waiting too. If all the guys I listed are gone, I think you don't sign someone like Al Horford, DeAndre or Dragic to the max and try to go with it.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#88 » by god shammgod » Wed Aug 8, 2018 5:58 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
god shammgod wrote:it really only matters than he's probably untradeable on his own for an expiring right now, not where he is on the list of who's worse. hope he has a great year. that's probably the only way we can convince someone to take him at the deadline.

Well then, by that criteria who on the roster of our big money guys are moveable on his own for an expiring? Kanter? And that would only be b/c he's an expiring contract himself

none of them. we are filled with unmovable contracts.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,104

Post#89 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:00 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Personally, I'm waiting for other Knicks musical expert, Robert Randolph, to verify

According to Robert, we are signing Lebron, Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler, KD, Davis, and Cousins.

:D
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,266

Post#90 » by Gant » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:01 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:

For the purposes of uniformity, Butler should really change his name to Kutler.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#91 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:22 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:If the Knicks land kyrie off the Celtics the rivalry will be off the charts. Best in the east.

If we get butler to play with kyrie and frank and Kp and Knox and whoever else it’ll be legit. Butler is a fearsome competitor.

But how much would we have to give up to get him? I'm not sure I'm willing to abandon our rebuild so quick, as tempting as it will be.

One would have to assume we wouldn’t be trading major assets

Thjr, thomas and Lee are looking like the best fits for mini

I’m not sure if they have any dead weight they wanna lose but that would be a possibility too
QBoro KnicksFan
Junior
And1: 432

Post#92 » by QBoro KnicksFan » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

none of them. we are filled with unmovable contracts.

So (minus Noah, obviously) they're all equally bad. Wonderful.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#93 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:34 pm

This is my worst fear confirmed.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#94 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Aug 8, 2018 6:39 pm

There truly are some spectacular free agents potentially this summer

Kyrie, kawhi and cousins alone make it a major summer to clear contracts for
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#95 » by Jay10 » Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:09 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:There truly are some spectacular free agents potentially this summer

Durant, Kyrie, kawhi and cousins alone make it a major summer to clear contracts for

Fixed.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Re: Joe Budden: 

Post#96 » by cuyankees » Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:15 pm

QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Noah+ THJR + Mudiay +2nd round pick + 2019 pick swap option top 5 protected for Butler and Taj Gibson.

Trade Lee to somebody straight up or attach a future 2nd to it.

THJ n Noah will require 1st rd pick each to unload, they’re 2 of the worst contracts in the NBA.

THJr is overpaid but one of the worst contracts in the league? C'mon man

Deng, Parsons , Dieng (Minny), Evan Turner, Whiteside, Ibaka, both Johnsons down in Mia (Tyler and James), Ryan Anderson, Brandon Knight, Allan Crabbe, Kent Bazemore

[Wiggins is debatable but as of rn Id consider his deal worse than Timmy's and (as of now) Id consider Hardaway Jr to be flat out better than Wiggins as a player]

All are worse than Hardaway's deal. And those are just dudes off the top of my head, im sure I could name a few more if I gave it some more thought

Should’ve separated the comments, Noah being 1 of the worst and THJ being top 15–20 worst contract. There happy?! Haaa
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,036

Post#97 » by sol537 » Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:18 pm

If Jimmy and Kyrie's agents say they will strongly consider the Knicks this off-season then you move THJr + Lee with assets attached, if needed, to make it happen. You don't wait.

2019 1st + Jimmy + Kyrie + KP + Knox + Mitchell + Frank = damn fine.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,865

Post#98 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:18 pm

cuyankees wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:
cuyankees wrote:THJ n Noah will require 1st rd pick each to unload, they’re 2 of the worst contracts in the NBA.

Deng, Parsons , Dieng (Minny), Evan Turner, Whiteside, Ibaka, both Johnsons down in Mia (Tyler and James), Ryan Anderson, Brandon Knight, Allan Crabbe, Kent Bazemore

[Wiggins is debatable but as of rn Id consider his deal worse than Timmy's and (as of now) Id consider Hardaway Jr to be flat out better than Wiggins as a player]

All are worse than Hardaway's deal. And those are just dudes off the top of my head, im sure I could name a few more if I gave it some more thought

Should’ve separated the comments, Noah being 1 of the worst and THJ being top 15–20 worst contract. There happy?! Haaa

i agree that tim was an unnecessary, even unwise signing. but top 20 worst contract? i can't.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#99 » by cuyankees » Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:21 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
QBoro KnicksFan wrote:

i agree that tim was an unnecessary, even unwise signing. but top 20 worst contract? i can't.

A 20mn a year 6th man, who’s a 3nD wing but forgot the D.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,845

Post#100 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:21 pm

Gant wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:

For the purposes of uniformity, Butler should really change his name to Kutler.

Finally! A true voice of reason
ImageImageImage

Return to New York Knicks