ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Williamsburg Exodus

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, King of Canada, Capn'O, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi, K-DOT, Thorn, GONYK, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 20,780
And1: 11,864
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#41 » by 2010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 pm

magnumt wrote:
2010 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Luigi's is pretty damn good! :nod: :nod: :nod:

--Mags :beer:


Yeah, I know. It's a running fued/inside joke I got with Polk regarding the debate between pizza from the 5 boroughs vs. L.I. :lol:


Brooklyn has the best, followed by ONLY certain parts of Queens then the same for Manhattan.

Aside from Luigi's, on the whole food in LI tends to suck. Sorry. :lol:

--Mags :beer:


I can't speak for the borough as a whole but the best pizza I ever tasted in my life was from Queens. Jamaica Ave.
Image Image

We The North...

1: Sexton | Beverley | Melton
2: Hart | Crawford | Simons
3: Knox | Miller | Bacon
4: Towns | Winslow | Preston
5: Cousins | Randolph | Jones
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 20,780
And1: 11,864
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
       

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#42 » by 2010 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:28 pm

Long Island can't even get seafood right :lol:
Image Image

We The North...

1: Sexton | Beverley | Melton
2: Hart | Crawford | Simons
3: Knox | Miller | Bacon
4: Towns | Winslow | Preston
5: Cousins | Randolph | Jones
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,395
And1: 12,834
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#43 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:10 am

2010 wrote:Long Island can't even get seafood right :lol:


I think the only really good thing they have out there are Diners. And Doctors.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Kemba Walker / Ish Smith / Felton
Eric Gordon / Dudley / Trier
Thabo Sefolosha / Dotson / Kornet
Gordon Hayward / Alex Len / Frye
Marc Gasol / Boban Marj. / Noah


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 18,960
And1: 8,724
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#44 » by Fury » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:29 am

Queens has the best pizza
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#45 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:31 am

Image
Image=Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,395
And1: 12,834
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#46 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 am

Fury wrote:Queens has the best pizza


No it doesn't. And only some parts.

Nothing like a greasy slice of pepperoni with Snapple and ice from a Brooklyn pizzeria. A REAL one.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Kemba Walker / Ish Smith / Felton
Eric Gordon / Dudley / Trier
Thabo Sefolosha / Dotson / Kornet
Gordon Hayward / Alex Len / Frye
Marc Gasol / Boban Marj. / Noah


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 18,960
And1: 8,724
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#47 » by Fury » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:35 am

magnumt wrote:
Fury wrote:Queens has the best pizza


No it doesn't. And only some parts.

Nothing like a greasy slice of pepperoni with Snapple and ice from a Brooklyn pizzeria. A REAL one.

--Mags :beer:


Yeah it does. From elmhurst, Woodside to queensborough, Jamaica, woodhaven. Agree to disagree.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#48 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:38 am


EPISODE 2:


Image
Image=Image
Polk377
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,793
And1: 2,413
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Medford, NY
         

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#49 » by Polk377 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:41 am

2010 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
2010 wrote:
Not the pizza.


Luigi's is pretty damn good! :nod: :nod: :nod:

--Mags :beer:


Yeah, I know. It's a running fued/inside joke I got with Polk regarding the debate between pizza from the 5 boroughs vs. L.I. :lol:


Here we go again....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polk377
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,793
And1: 2,413
Joined: Apr 19, 2002
Location: Medford, NY
         

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#50 » by Polk377 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:48 am

magnumt wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Everything is better on Long Island..... :D


No it's not.

Outside of Grand Central highway, Long Island sucks for getting around. Also, get some fuqn street lamps & proper sidewalks up man! :banghead:

--Mags :beer:


Getting around LI is a cake walk compared to the boroughs. The only person I have to rely on is me and my car. No is the L train running? Where can I get a cab? Is the bus going this way? It took me an hour and a half to get from fresh meadows to Great Neck which is about 4.5 miles away the other day.
User avatar
Blockwatcher
Analyst
Posts: 3,387
And1: 1,550
Joined: Jan 23, 2014
Location: In the tank
 

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#51 » by Blockwatcher » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 am

Pizza or Chinese I’m good with from anywhere in the 5 or LI, well not Staten Island but...

Spanish food on the other hand... I haven’t found 1 place that makes relleno de papa on Long Island, and I work all over Nassau

La Isla Cuchifritos is the spot under the J! I can’t wait to go visit grandma tomorrow or Sunday and stop over there
1 John 2 : 15-17
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 18,960
And1: 8,724
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#52 » by Fury » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:12 am

Blockwatcher wrote:Pizza or Chinese I’m good with from anywhere in the 5 or LI, well not Staten Island but...

Spanish food on the other hand... I haven’t found 1 place that makes relleno de papa on Long Island, and I work all over Nassau

La Isla Cuchifritos is the spot under the J! I can’t wait to go visit grandma tomorrow or Sunday and stop over there


Latino food, bro. You will find that mostly in queens too (Jackson Heights, northern, corona). Also uptown
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#53 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:24 am


EPISODE 3:


Image
Image=Image
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,395
And1: 12,834
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#54 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 am

Fury wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Fury wrote:Queens has the best pizza


No it doesn't. And only some parts.

Nothing like a greasy slice of pepperoni with Snapple and ice from a Brooklyn pizzeria. A REAL one.

--Mags :beer:


Yeah it does. From elmhurst, Woodside to queensborough, Jamaica, woodhaven. Agree to disagree.


Fair enough. Agree to disagree. :lol:

What do you guys normally like with your pizza? Snapple? Coke? Pepsi? Sprite? Water? Beer? :reporter:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Kemba Walker / Ish Smith / Felton
Eric Gordon / Dudley / Trier
Thabo Sefolosha / Dotson / Kornet
Gordon Hayward / Alex Len / Frye
Marc Gasol / Boban Marj. / Noah


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
magnumt
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 47,395
And1: 12,834
Joined: Jan 27, 2004
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!
Contact:
         

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#55 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:29 am

Polk377 wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Everything is better on Long Island..... :D


No it's not.

Outside of Grand Central highway, Long Island sucks for getting around. Also, get some fuqn street lamps & proper sidewalks up man! :banghead:

--Mags :beer:


Getting around LI is a cake walk compared to the boroughs. The only person I have to rely on is me and my car. No is the L train running? Where can I get a cab? Is the bus going this way? It took me an hour and a half to get from fresh meadows to Great Neck which is about 4.5 miles away the other day.


The only highway in LI worth 2 cents is Grand Central.

And again, get some damn lamp posts! :D

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
Kemba Walker / Ish Smith / Felton
Eric Gordon / Dudley / Trier
Thabo Sefolosha / Dotson / Kornet
Gordon Hayward / Alex Len / Frye
Marc Gasol / Boban Marj. / Noah


Follow Elves on Twitter ---> magnumt6
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#56 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:32 am


Episode 4:


Image
Image=Image
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#57 » by Clyde_Style » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:37 am

AT LAST!!!

NO MORE TEASERS

THE FULL EPISODE REVEALED !!!


Spoiler:
Image


WITH SPECIAL MANGA FOOD NIRVANA BONUS!!!!

Spoiler:
Image
Image=Image
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 22,720
And1: 7,481
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#58 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:53 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Not the Chinese Food. :lol:


You and the food here..... :lol:


Yeah, I know. I had everything at my fingertips in Philly. I got spoiled. The good news is that I get to cook more which I love to do.

And, btw, what's up with all these guys sporting mustaches like from the 70s? I swear this place is like in a time warp except with more vacant strip malls.


The moustache thing might be because of the high amount of nypd from 60s-80s who live on lawn island.

Edit: Just saw the post you wrote after this one lmao.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 22,720
And1: 7,481
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#59 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:57 am

magnumt wrote:
2010 wrote:Long Island can't even get seafood right :lol:


I think the only really good thing they have out there are Diners. And Doctors.

--Mags :beer:


They make some decent white wines too. The reds are terrible though. The long island food/bev scene has every reason to be great but it's not. Real disappointment. Puzzling truthfully.
A new era or error?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 22,720
And1: 7,481
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#60 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:03 am

magnumt wrote:
Fury wrote:
magnumt wrote:
No it doesn't. And only some parts.

Nothing like a greasy slice of pepperoni with Snapple and ice from a Brooklyn pizzeria. A REAL one.

--Mags :beer:


Yeah it does. From elmhurst, Woodside to queensborough, Jamaica, woodhaven. Agree to disagree.


Fair enough. Agree to disagree. :lol:

What do you guys normally like with your pizza? Snapple? Coke? Pepsi? Sprite? Water? Beer? :reporter:

--Mags :beer:


I find orange soda goes ridiculously well with pizza. Go figure.
A new era or error?

Return to New York Knicks