ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Williamsburg Exodus

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Re: OT: Williamsburg Exodus 

Post#81 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:17 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Lmao! I take a dollar van after i park by my sons day care to Eastern parkway and Utica. Its the only way. Or take the bus to flatbush junction.

or get a ride to the broadway junction stop. ugh.

Lol yup I always felt bad for the flossy ppl , they're in no mans land, it's kind of a hood surburb lol. At least they have the Belt right there.

LOL That is the perfect description of Canarsie
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer

Post#82 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 am

no
Papi_swav wrote:Every freaking neighborhood is changing, it sucks sooo bad. I don't know why these freakin hipsters cant just stay their a$$ in the midwest or wherever the hell they came from. Pretty soon they are going to take over Brownsville and East NY.

They've already started
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#83 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:24 am

I found out today that the South Bronx is getting a ferry, and it apparently has a new nickname.

I kept hearing a couple of guys talking about it on the train.....they're getting a ferry now.....so bro....work in the city so I'm movin' out to so bro....it's gonna be the next spot that's lit dude, so broooo.....I'm like what the **** is so bro? I can't believe I'm sitting on the train in my city and don't even know what place two guys are talking about.

I Google New York City so bro and find out it's the South Bronx.....SoBro. :lol:
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer

Post#84 » by PeoplesChamp » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 am

DievsZingis wrote:I found out today that the South Bronx is getting a ferry, and it apparently has a new nickname.

I kept hearing a couple of guys talking about it on the train.....they're getting a ferry now.....so bro....work in the city so I'm movin' out to so bro....it's gonna be the next spot that's lit dude, so broooo.....I'm like what the **** is so bro? I can't believe I'm sitting on the train in my city and don't even know what place two guys are talking about.

I Google New York City so bro and find out it's the South Bronx.....SoBro. :lol:

Goddammit.

They kill me with that ****. Like that Nolita bull.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,308

Post#85 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:50 am

DievsZingis wrote:I found out today that the South Bronx is getting a ferry, and it apparently has a new nickname.

Should have interrupted them and told them no man check out NoBro
ImageImageImage
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#86 » by F N 11 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:37 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

Lol yup I always felt bad for the flossy ppl , they're in no mans land, it's kind of a hood surburb lol. At least they have the Belt right there.

Living over here is tough but we're 10 minutes away from the most decent movie theater and the belt.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#87 » by Blockwatcher » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:24 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
    no
Papi_swav wrote:Every freaking neighborhood is changing, it sucks sooo bad. I don't know why these freakin hipsters cant just stay their a$$ in the midwest or wherever the hell they came from. Pretty soon they are going to take over Brownsville and East NY.

They've already started

Well 1 brave citizen is taking a stand

https://streamable.com/m0iaq
1 John 2 : 15-17
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#88 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:09 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

100. hood suburb. i love it.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,136

Post#89 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Jobs/culture are in NYC and other urban centers. The problem could be solved through housing policy but will never be solved through "go back to" isms. Market forces push the move so the solutions put restrictions on the market.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#90 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Jobs/culture are in NYC and other urban centers. The problem could be solved through housing policy but will never be solved through "go back to" isms. Market forces push the move so the solutions put restrictions on the market.

the research says that most of these people are not from the midwest as we all claim anyway. in manhatan they mostly come from other big cities...l.a, san fran, boston, d.c. in the boroughs they mostly come from places surrounding nyc...jeresy, upstate, ct, long island, westchester. the thought process of younger people has changed. you used to get married young, buy a house in the suburbs and commute. young people now don't want to commute. they want to live near their jobs or public transportation to their jobs. they get married later or not at all.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#91 » by BowlRips » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:56 pm

DE FENSE wrote:Kids love to hate on the G but soon they're gonna be slurping the G all the way to Court Square

This.
I don't see it as a major impediment especially to North Williamsburg since you can hop on the G to Court Square and take the 7 to midtown in about 25-30mins
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:56 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

the research says that most of these people are not from the midwest as we all claim anyway. in manhatan they mostly come from other big cities...l.a, san fran, boston, d.c. in the boroughs they mostly come from places surrounding nyc...jeresy, upstate, ct, long island, westchester. the thought process of younger people has changed. you used to get married young, buy a house in the suburbs and commute. young people now don't want to commute. they want to live near their jobs or public transportation to their jobs. they get married later or not at all.

That makes sense. And, those that are coming from out of the tri-state probably school in the City or nearby. So they're coming from NYU, Columbia, Vassar, Cornell, Rutgers, etc. etc via wherever they were before. My school was basically a funnel to NYC. Portland is, in reality, more of a midwest siphon... and Cali. But all cities worth their salt are drawing more people. NYC and San Fran just jumped out in front early.
BAF Clippers

djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,184

Post#93 » by djsunyc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

That makes sense. And, those that are coming from out of the tri-state probably school in the City or nearby. So they're coming from NYU, Columbia, Vassar, Cornell, Rutgers, etc. etc via wherever they were before. My school was basically a funnel to NYC. Portland is, in reality, more of a midwest siphon... and Cali. But all cities worth their salt are drawing more people. NYC and San Fran just jumped out in front early.

and this is dangerous for the country b/c the government will get even more unbalanced. expect a bigger republican death grip in the senate and house over the next 30 years.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#94 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 pm

djsunyc wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

and this is dangerous for the country b/c the government will get even more unbalanced. expect a bigger republican death grip in the senate and house over the next 30 years.

From a political perspective, you are correct. Concentrations of people with a smaller and smaller concentration of political power.

I do think we're going to see a bit of a reversal in urbanization. Coastal urban cores are just too expensive for young professionals to make tenable. Gentrification in midwestern cores already begins. So that at least culls the executive from the Congress creating deadlock.
BAF Clippers

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#95 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:30 pm

you're also seeing reverse migration in big east coast cities too - ny, detroit, chicago. a lot of people are moving south for cheaper cost of living and warmer weather. they say atlanta will become one of the biggest cities in america eventually. the demographics will change certain states from swing to blue over time.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:39 pm

^Those hot summers though... West coast >>> for weather. Unfortunately, this is the entire west coast from July-October the past few years:

Fire **** everywhere.
BAF Clippers

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#97 » by god shammgod » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Capn'O wrote:^Those hot summers though... West coast >>> for weather. Unfortunately, this is the entire west coast from July-October the past few years:

Fire **** everywhere.

in new york now we have carribean type weather in the summer where every day it might rain and even though it barely reaches 90 it's humid enough to feel 100 every day. i often find myself not worrying about smaller societal issues because it seems more apparent than ever we're heading towards the final stretches of humanity's existence and we're doing nothing about that. so....smoke em if you got em i guess.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#98 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Capn'O wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Fury wrote:
Yeah it does. From elmhurst, Woodside to queensborough, Jamaica, woodhaven. Agree to disagree.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. :lol:

What do you guys normally like with your pizza? Snapple? Coke? Pepsi? Sprite? Water? Beer? :reporter:

--Mags :beer:

BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#99 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:53 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:^Those hot summers though... West coast >>> for weather. Unfortunately, this is the entire west coast from July-October the past few years:

Fire **** everywhere.

in new york now we have carribean type weather in the summer where every day it might rain and even though it barely reaches 90 it's humid enough to feel 100 every day. i often find myself not worrying about smaller societal issues because it seems more apparent than ever we're heading towards the final stretches of humanity's existence and we're doing nothing about that. so....smoke em if you got em i guess.

People have all these conspiracy scenarios about weather controlling/engineering devices. I hope to god they're true. We're gonna need 'em.
BAF Clippers

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#100 » by Capn'O » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:55 pm

magnumt wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Fair enough. Agree to disagree. :lol:

What do you guys normally like with your pizza? Snapple? Coke? Pepsi? Sprite? Water? Beer? :reporter:

If enjoying a good Mexican lager with my pizza is wrong I don't wanna be right.
BAF Clippers

Return to New York Knicks