ImageImageImageImageImage

Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, King of Canada, Capn'O, mpharris36, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, j4remi, K-DOT, Thorn, GONYK, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Im Coming Home
RealGM
Posts: 15,990
And1: 5,010
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Bay Shore, NY
       

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#21 » by Im Coming Home » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:16 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Reality check: Trump will serve two terms. The Mueller SC won't lay a glove on him. And there will be no 2018 blue wave.

Lol, trump isn’t getting a second term unless the Russians pull another job. I’d say the odds he finishes his first term are lower than the odds are the minority decide to re-elect him.

As for what you say about the upcoming blue wave, I heavily disagree with you. But there’s no reason to debate either point as it’s just an opinion we are on opposing sides of.


Hey, that's cool. I laugh just as hard at what you said. Thing is, only one of us can be right. I just wanted to get my opinion down for posterity. I've been enjoying immensely this past year and a half of what all the so-called experts called "impossible" and I'm looking forward to another 6 1/2.

Do you enjoy chaos and being the laughing stock of the world because the president tweets like a child?

Like what have you been "enjoying" from the presidency, even if you're on the right he's been all but terrible and made the country the laughing stock.

Did you enjoy how he ended net neutrality?(Removing protections of the internet which will allow bigger companies to take advantage of customers?) Did you enjoy how he caused a massive debt for farmers by pissing off other countries with his stupid tarrifs and then gave them 'aid' that was needed due to his own stupidy?

Please tell me what you've enjoyed about this presidency because I would really love to know what positives have came out of this.
Image
"I think this is really good experience for me, actually. It's a tough year, it's a tough everything. There's a quote, 'If the sea is smooth, you're never going to become a great sailor'" Porzingis said
User avatar
BallSacBounce
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,213
And1: 1,286
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#22 » by BallSacBounce » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:17 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Reality check: Trump will serve two terms. The Mueller SC won't lay a glove on him. And there will be no 2018 blue wave.


Trump won’t serve two terms. A moderate democrat will emerge and win, or Trump loses in the primaries and we’ll have another republican president. The latter would be my personal preference

Chance of Trump losing in the primaries is absolutely zero. He's doing everything the base wants him to do on the economy, trade and pushing for an immigration solution.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,612
And1: 27,035
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#23 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:19 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Reality check: Trump will serve two terms. The Mueller SC won't lay a glove on him. And there will be no 2018 blue wave.

Lol, trump isn’t getting a second term unless the Russians pull another job. I’d say the odds he finishes his first term are lower than the odds are the minority decide to re-elect him.

As for what you say about the upcoming blue wave, I heavily disagree with you. But there’s no reason to debate either point as it’s just an opinion we are on opposing sides of.


RUSSIA INVESTIGATION Published August 09, 2018
Mueller team files complaint against Manafort trial judge over latest reprimand
Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas, Peter Doocy | Fox News

Prosecutors in the federal court case against ex-Trump campaign Paul Manafort filed a motion in court on Thursday complaining that the judge in the case, U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, inappropriately admonished them in front of the jury this week. (Getty)

After days of being dressed down by the judge overseeing the Paul Manafort case, federal prosecutors sought Thursday to put their foot down -- filing a motion complaining that Judge T.S. Ellis III had unfairly admonished them in front of the jury.

Ellis has memorably and repeatedly criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team during the trial for the former Trump campaign chairman. On Wednesday, Ellis ripped into prosecutors for letting a witness, IRS Agent Michael Welsh, sit in the courtroom before his testimony.

But in a five-page motion filed Thursday, Mueller deputy Andrew Weissmann and other attorneys on the team claimed Ellis had actually granted permission earlier in the trial for the witness to remain in the room during proceedings.

“The court’s reprimand of government counsel suggested to the jury—incorrectly—that the government had acted improperly and in contravention of court rules,” the prosecutors wrote. “This prejudice should be cured.”

Ellis responded by expressing regret in court Thursday.

“This robe doesn’t make me anything other than human,” Ellis said.

Referencing his earlier reprimand, Ellis said Thursday: “Any criticism of counsel should be put aside.”

The truce between the judge and prosecutors, though, did not last long.

Hours later, when prosecutors tried to introduce an exhibit that was dozens of pages long, Ellis interjected: "There might be some kind soul on the jury who thinks they need to leaf through all this stuff -- and it isn't true."

The Mueller team relented and only entered 11 pages into evidence.

Ellis has a reputation for making colorful comments – and being tough on the prosecution.

On Wednesday, Ellis explained that he would not ask the defense to reveal as much information as he has demanded from the prosecution because “it’s sort of like poker -- you don’t have to show your hand until you’re called.”

“Something like that, I’m not a poker player,” Ellis said.

Earlier this week, Ellis seemed to accuse Greg Andres, the prosecutor, of crying in his courtroom.

“I understand how frustrated you are. In fact, there’s tears in your eyes right now,” Ellis said Monday, according to a Bloomberg-obtained transcript.

When Andres denied Ellis’ claim, the judge said, “Well, they’re watery.”

And on Wednesday, Ellis chastised Andres again for how he speaks to him. At one point, Andres responded with a simple “yea.”

“Be careful about that, this is not an informal proceeding,” Ellis warned.

Manafort is accused of committing tax and bank fraud with millions made through political work in Ukraine. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Earlier this week, the prosecution’s star witness, Rick Gates – who struck a plea deal to cooperate with the government -- testified that he and Manafort committed bank and tax fraud together.

On Thursday, prosecutors attempted to prove Manafort committed bank fraud by calling witnesses to describe a rental property he owned.

One witness from AirBNB testified that one of Manafort's properties was available for rent on the site and someone paid more than $11,000 to stay there for 21 days.

But prosecutors say that property was listed on papers as a second home, and not as a rental property, something that would impact whether or not a bank would have agreed to loan him more than $5 million.

Prosecutors also brought up a mortgage processor from Citizens Bank to show that Manafort had many opportunities to say it was a rental property for tax purposes but didn't.

Fox News’ Jake Gibson and Kaitlyn Schallhorn contributed to this report.


this judge sounds like a massive dick :lol:


He sounds like trump, to be honest. The crying quip? Really? Thanks for posting it.

Here’s an article from a credible site on the judge - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/politics/judge-ellis-manafort-trial.html
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,338
And1: 810
Joined: Apr 01, 2018

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#24 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:23 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:Reality check: Trump will serve two terms. The Mueller SC won't lay a glove on him. And there will be no 2018 blue wave.


Trump won’t serve two terms. A moderate democrat will emerge and win, or Trump loses in the primaries and we’ll have another republican president. The latter would be my personal preference

Chance of Trump losing in the primaries is absolutely zero. He's doing everything the base wants him to do on the economy, trade and pushing for an immigration solution.



It doesn’t look likely he’s going to get his wall, and his perception on trade is so stupid even democrats don’t like it. You cannot be a real conservative unless you’re for free trade. It’s the very foundation of conservatism. If you have a republican that runs against him on that platform, he can go down.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#25 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:25 pm

This judge is not a story

Anyone getting hyped as if it is a sign of trouble for Muller doesn't understand the court system. The only outlets hyping the Judge being counter to the prosecution's ability to prosecute is being fed another in a long line of false hopes that the investigation will be derailed. Remember those sucker stories?

The one before this one was: Here comes the Justice Dept. report that will expose the corruption of the FBI and the FISA Warrant process. You had posters on here proclaiming it would destroy Mueller and end the investigation. It was a dumb idea, but that is the low quality of false hope sucker stories continually pumped out to give the base hope that Trump will survive this.

If you are actually interested in Mueller's true status, then Chief Judge Beryl Howell who is presiding over the Roger Stone Grand Jury proceedings is the one that matters now.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/04/politics/judge-beryl-howell-mueller-appointment-trump-subpoena/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/02/politics/mueller-subpoena-grand-jury/



https://jonathanturley.org/2018/08/06/stone-cold-mueller-wins-key-legal-challenge-to-his-authority-as-special-counsel/comment-page-2/

If you want to actually educate yourself, read those. Here's a QUOTE from that last link:

The 92-page ruling by Chief Judge Beryl Howell gave Mueller a ringing victory that could be cited in other jurisdictions as persuasive authority. She ruled that the “scope of the Special Counsel’s power falls well within the boundaries the Constitution permits.”
Howell found Mueller to be an “inferior officer” given the supervision of deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein. That is a much more solid constitutional footprint than the earlier Independent Counsels. “His appointment, without presidential appointment and senatorial confirmation, thus did not violate the Appointments Clause.”
On the first question, Howell wrote:

Edmond clarified that the first of these factors—whether an officer is “subject to removal by a higher . . . official”—is by far the most important to a Court’s determination of principal-inferior status, while reformulating that factor into a broader inquiry into whether an officer’s “work is directed and supervised at some level by others who were appointed by Presidential nomination with the advice and consent of the Senate.” 520 U.S. at 663. “Generally speaking,” Edmond explained, “the term ‘inferior officer’ connotes a relationship with some higher ranking officer or officers below the President: Whether one is an ‘inferior’ officer depends on whether he has a superior.” Id. at 662; accord Free Enter. Fund v. Pub. Co. Accounting Oversight Bd. (“PCAOB”), 561 U.S. 477, 510 (2010) (applying Edmond to conclude that officials were inferior rather than principal due to the agency’s “oversight authority” and “power to remove . . . at will”).11 Indeed, Edmond held that an officer with a presidentially-nominated, Senate-confirmed superior is inferior even if all three other Morrison factors—the magnitude of an officer’s duties,

jurisdiction, and tenure—weigh toward principal officer status. 520 U.S. at 661–62 (concluding that a Coast Guard Court of Criminal Appeals judge was an inferior officer despite that “the last two [Morrison factors—limited jurisdiction and tenure] do not hold . . . here” and that such judges “are charged with exercising significant authority on behalf of the United States”).

The witness contends that the Special Counsel is a principal officer who was neither nominated by the President nor confirmed by the Senate, and thus was unconstitutionally appointed. See Witness’s Mot. at 14. As explained in more detail below, however, the Attorney General has ample legal authority to “direct[] and supervis[e]” the Special Counsel, which makes the Special Counsel an inferior officer. Edmond, 520 U.S. at 663. To the extent relevant, theremaining three Morrison factors each weigh in favor of inferior officer status. Nor does thebreadth of the authority the Special Counsel wields negate his inferior officer status. The witness’s argument that the Special Counsel is a principal officer thus does not pass muster.

Here is the opinion:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nRQqOs7kNxH2oabC5tIWShkYS6hBrgow/view

This opinion is the precedent setting ruling that matters now, not the white noise BS around the Manafort trial.

I've said for a long time now that many precedents will be set in this investigation and it is unlikely any will be in Trump's favor. The reason for this is no sitting President has ever sat for a trial outside of congressional impeachment proceedings.

Unless the Democrats take back both houses in November and directly impeach Trump, I'm also saying you can expect Mueller to indict Trump and additional new precedents will be set that should allow Trump to go on trial as a sitting president.
Image=Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,612
And1: 27,035
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#26 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:29 pm

I swear, we need to give Clyde some sort of honorary name under his name. Like truth sayer, or political god.
User avatar
BallSacBounce
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,213
And1: 1,286
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#27 » by BallSacBounce » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:29 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Lol, trump isn’t getting a second term unless the Russians pull another job. I’d say the odds he finishes his first term are lower than the odds are the minority decide to re-elect him.

As for what you say about the upcoming blue wave, I heavily disagree with you. But there’s no reason to debate either point as it’s just an opinion we are on opposing sides of.


Hey, that's cool. I laugh just as hard at what you said. Thing is, only one of us can be right. I just wanted to get my opinion down for posterity. I've been enjoying immensely this past year and a half of what all the so-called experts called "impossible" and I'm looking forward to another 6 1/2.

Do you enjoy chaos and being the laughing stock of the world because the president tweets like a child?

Like what have you been "enjoying" from the presidency, even if you're on the right he's been all but terrible and made the country the laughing stock.

Did you enjoy how he ended net neutrality?(Removing protections of the internet which will allow bigger companies to take advantage of customers?) Did you enjoy how he caused a massive debt for farmers by pissing off other countries with his stupid tarrifs and then gave them 'aid' that was needed due to his own stupidy?

Please tell me what you've enjoyed about this presidency because I would really love to know what positives have came out of this.

Economy good. De-regulation good. More favorable trade deals good. His positive impact on this nation's economy has been immense. How can you be incapable of seeing that? The evidence is all around you.

I also like that he's taking steps to neutralize our two biggest threats which are actually tied at the hip China and NK.

NN was a scheme to force others to pay for streamers. Big companies like Netflix pushed for this to off load their true costs. That's why Obama got his sweetheart deal with them, as payoff. You know nothing about NN.

What other countries think? You think they laugh at us now? They laughed at us before when they took advantage of America with their tariffs. They're coming to the table now and capitulating. They are not laughing about that I guarantee you.
User avatar
BallSacBounce
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,213
And1: 1,286
Joined: Dec 14, 2011

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#28 » by BallSacBounce » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:31 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I swear, we need to give Clyde some sort of honorary name under his name. Like truth sayer, or political god.

Pied Piper, and it will end the same way.
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#29 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:31 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I swear, we need to give Clyde some sort of honorary name under his name. Like truth sayer, or political god.


Freedom Fighter? :lol:
Image=Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 47,612
And1: 27,035
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Contact:

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#30 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:I swear, we need to give Clyde some sort of honorary name under his name. Like truth sayer, or political god.


Freedom Fighter? :lol:

Works for me!
User avatar
Clyde_Style
RealGM
Posts: 29,927
And1: 16,490
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
Location: Free Candy Van
 

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#31 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:38 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
Hey, that's cool. I laugh just as hard at what you said. Thing is, only one of us can be right. I just wanted to get my opinion down for posterity. I've been enjoying immensely this past year and a half of what all the so-called experts called "impossible" and I'm looking forward to another 6 1/2.

Do you enjoy chaos and being the laughing stock of the world because the president tweets like a child?

Like what have you been "enjoying" from the presidency, even if you're on the right he's been all but terrible and made the country the laughing stock.

Did you enjoy how he ended net neutrality?(Removing protections of the internet which will allow bigger companies to take advantage of customers?) Did you enjoy how he caused a massive debt for farmers by pissing off other countries with his stupid tarrifs and then gave them 'aid' that was needed due to his own stupidy?

Please tell me what you've enjoyed about this presidency because I would really love to know what positives have came out of this.

Economy good. De-regulation good. More favorable trade deals good. His positive impact on this nation's economy has been immense. How can you be incapable of seeing that? The evidence is all around you.

I also like that he's taking steps to neutralize our two biggest threats which are actually tied at the hip China and NK.

NN was a scheme to force others to pay for streamers. Big companies like Netflix pushed for this to off load their true costs. That's why Obama got his sweetheart deal with them, as payoff. You know nothing about NN.

What other countries think? You think they laugh at us now? They laughed at us before when they took advantage of America with their tariffs. They're coming to the table now and capitulating. They are not laughing about that I guarantee you.


You're not a well-traveled person and have never mingled with Europeans and Asians on their home turf. You really don't have much understanding of what the rest of the world thinks of us outside of the narrowcast channels of internet content you consume where you're made to believe Sweden is consumed by burning cars set on fire by jihadis.
Image=Image
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 15,939
And1: 9,058
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
       

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#32 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:42 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Lol, trump isn’t getting a second term unless the Russians pull another job. I’d say the odds he finishes his first term are lower than the odds are the minority decide to re-elect him.

As for what you say about the upcoming blue wave, I heavily disagree with you. But there’s no reason to debate either point as it’s just an opinion we are on opposing sides of.


RUSSIA INVESTIGATION Published August 09, 2018
Mueller team files complaint against Manafort trial judge over latest reprimand
Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas, Peter Doocy | Fox News

Prosecutors in the federal court case against ex-Trump campaign Paul Manafort filed a motion in court on Thursday complaining that the judge in the case, U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, inappropriately admonished them in front of the jury this week. (Getty)

After days of being dressed down by the judge overseeing the Paul Manafort case, federal prosecutors sought Thursday to put their foot down -- filing a motion complaining that Judge T.S. Ellis III had unfairly admonished them in front of the jury.

Ellis has memorably and repeatedly criticized Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team during the trial for the former Trump campaign chairman. On Wednesday, Ellis ripped into prosecutors for letting a witness, IRS Agent Michael Welsh, sit in the courtroom before his testimony.

But in a five-page motion filed Thursday, Mueller deputy Andrew Weissmann and other attorneys on the team claimed Ellis had actually granted permission earlier in the trial for the witness to remain in the room during proceedings.

“The court’s reprimand of government counsel suggested to the jury—incorrectly—that the government had acted improperly and in contravention of court rules,” the prosecutors wrote. “This prejudice should be cured.”

Ellis responded by expressing regret in court Thursday.

“This robe doesn’t make me anything other than human,” Ellis said.

Referencing his earlier reprimand, Ellis said Thursday: “Any criticism of counsel should be put aside.”

The truce between the judge and prosecutors, though, did not last long.

Hours later, when prosecutors tried to introduce an exhibit that was dozens of pages long, Ellis interjected: "There might be some kind soul on the jury who thinks they need to leaf through all this stuff -- and it isn't true."

The Mueller team relented and only entered 11 pages into evidence.

Ellis has a reputation for making colorful comments – and being tough on the prosecution.

On Wednesday, Ellis explained that he would not ask the defense to reveal as much information as he has demanded from the prosecution because “it’s sort of like poker -- you don’t have to show your hand until you’re called.”

“Something like that, I’m not a poker player,” Ellis said.

Earlier this week, Ellis seemed to accuse Greg Andres, the prosecutor, of crying in his courtroom.

“I understand how frustrated you are. In fact, there’s tears in your eyes right now,” Ellis said Monday, according to a Bloomberg-obtained transcript.

When Andres denied Ellis’ claim, the judge said, “Well, they’re watery.”

And on Wednesday, Ellis chastised Andres again for how he speaks to him. At one point, Andres responded with a simple “yea.”

“Be careful about that, this is not an informal proceeding,” Ellis warned.

Manafort is accused of committing tax and bank fraud with millions made through political work in Ukraine. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Earlier this week, the prosecution’s star witness, Rick Gates – who struck a plea deal to cooperate with the government -- testified that he and Manafort committed bank and tax fraud together.

On Thursday, prosecutors attempted to prove Manafort committed bank fraud by calling witnesses to describe a rental property he owned.

One witness from AirBNB testified that one of Manafort's properties was available for rent on the site and someone paid more than $11,000 to stay there for 21 days.

But prosecutors say that property was listed on papers as a second home, and not as a rental property, something that would impact whether or not a bank would have agreed to loan him more than $5 million.

Prosecutors also brought up a mortgage processor from Citizens Bank to show that Manafort had many opportunities to say it was a rental property for tax purposes but didn't.

Fox News’ Jake Gibson and Kaitlyn Schallhorn contributed to this report.


this judge sounds like a massive dick :lol:


He sounds like trump, to be honest. The crying quip? Really? Thanks for posting it.

Here’s an article from a credible site on the judge - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/us/politics/judge-ellis-manafort-trial.html


oh, snap. homie doing the most.
que sera sera
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,693
And1: 9,233
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#33 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:33 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/09/mueller-team-files-complaint-against-manafort-trial-judge-over-latest-reprimand.amp.html

Anyone can indict a ham sandwich. Sounds like Muller isn’t too confident about winning. Oh and this case really nothing to do with Russian collusion, which isn’t even a crime to begin with.

you know better but collusion is a term being used in place of the legal term which is conspiracy
and if you think the trump campaign chairman laundering millions for russian oligarchs isnt part of the russian conspiracy then you are clueless
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 46,693
And1: 9,233
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#34 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:35 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/09/mueller-team-files-complaint-against-manafort-trial-judge-over-latest-reprimand.amp.html

Anyone can indict a ham sandwich. Sounds like Muller isn’t too confident about winning. Oh and this case really nothing to do with Russian collusion, which isn’t even a crime to begin with.

ps. you should actually read the article

its not what you say it is
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 25,976
And1: 17,581
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#35 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:44 pm

BallSacBounce wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
Hey, that's cool. I laugh just as hard at what you said. Thing is, only one of us can be right. I just wanted to get my opinion down for posterity. I've been enjoying immensely this past year and a half of what all the so-called experts called "impossible" and I'm looking forward to another 6 1/2.

Do you enjoy chaos and being the laughing stock of the world because the president tweets like a child?

Like what have you been "enjoying" from the presidency, even if you're on the right he's been all but terrible and made the country the laughing stock.

Did you enjoy how he ended net neutrality?(Removing protections of the internet which will allow bigger companies to take advantage of customers?) Did you enjoy how he caused a massive debt for farmers by pissing off other countries with his stupid tarrifs and then gave them 'aid' that was needed due to his own stupidy?

Please tell me what you've enjoyed about this presidency because I would really love to know what positives have came out of this.

Economy good. De-regulation good. More favorable trade deals good. His positive impact on this nation's economy has been immense. How can you be incapable of seeing that? The evidence is all around you.

I also like that he's taking steps to neutralize our two biggest threats which are actually tied at the hip China and NK.

NN was a scheme to force others to pay for streamers. Big companies like Netflix pushed for this to off load their true costs. That's why Obama got his sweetheart deal with them, as payoff. You know nothing about NN.

What other countries think? You think they laugh at us now? They laughed at us before when they took advantage of America with their tariffs. They're coming to the table now and capitulating. They are not laughing about that I guarantee you.


Tariffs are deregulation? They are the very definition of government involvement and regulation. Some conservative you are.
User avatar
ccvle
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,296
And1: 792
Joined: Aug 03, 2002

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#36 » by ccvle » Thu Aug 9, 2018 11:58 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/09/mueller-team-files-complaint-against-manafort-trial-judge-over-latest-reprimand.amp.html

Anyone can indict a ham sandwich. Sounds like Muller isn’t too confident about winning. Oh and this case really nothing to do with Russian collusion, which isn’t even a crime to begin with.


your usage of the phase "anyone can indicat a ham sandwich" is actually wrong. that is referring to the grand jury process. Mueller already got the indictment from the grand jury.
User avatar
Im Coming Home
RealGM
Posts: 15,990
And1: 5,010
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Bay Shore, NY
       

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#37 » by Im Coming Home » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:20 am

BallSacBounce wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
BallSacBounce wrote:
Hey, that's cool. I laugh just as hard at what you said. Thing is, only one of us can be right. I just wanted to get my opinion down for posterity. I've been enjoying immensely this past year and a half of what all the so-called experts called "impossible" and I'm looking forward to another 6 1/2.

Do you enjoy chaos and being the laughing stock of the world because the president tweets like a child?

Like what have you been "enjoying" from the presidency, even if you're on the right he's been all but terrible and made the country the laughing stock.

Did you enjoy how he ended net neutrality?(Removing protections of the internet which will allow bigger companies to take advantage of customers?) Did you enjoy how he caused a massive debt for farmers by pissing off other countries with his stupid tarrifs and then gave them 'aid' that was needed due to his own stupidy?

Please tell me what you've enjoyed about this presidency because I would really love to know what positives have came out of this.

Economy good. De-regulation good. More favorable trade deals good. His positive impact on this nation's economy has been immense. How can you be incapable of seeing that? The evidence is all around you.

I also like that he's taking steps to neutralize our two biggest threats which are actually tied at the hip China and NK.

NN was a scheme to force others to pay for streamers. Big companies like Netflix pushed for this to off load their true costs. That's why Obama got his sweetheart deal with them, as payoff. You know nothing about NN.

What other countries think? You think they laugh at us now? They laughed at us before when they took advantage of America with their tariffs. They're coming to the table now and capitulating. They are not laughing about that I guarantee you.

Lol you're tlaking to someone with a degree in Computer Science, please don't tell me I know nothing about NN. I know plenty. I'm sorry you've fallen for the propaganda. I'd rather Netflix 'abuse' the big internet companies than trust these big companies not to abuse the customers. These same companies have already shown they cannot be trusted with this power in the cell phone services and how those 'plans' work. They'll do the same to home internet now that NN is gone.

Oh look, breaking news: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/08/08/us_broadband_competition/

But yeah lets trust these big companies not to monopolize and take advantage of their customers.. they're actively killing small ISPs so you have no choice but to use them because they'll be the only thing around available.. then they'll add these 'fast lanes' in a few years and the internet we know it, will be gone, and you will have to pay for certain sites you'd like to use. But yeah, NN is nothing to be concerned about right..

As for the economy being good that only matters for the rich. These days the rich are too selfish and 'trickle down' economics has never been proven to even work. For the real people, our lives money wise has only been hurt, especially us who live in NY and own a house.. they got screwed in this new tax deal that favors the rich(go figure).

As for those tariffs all its doing is pissing other countries off and hurting this country from the bottom, its WHY the farmers needed help. Stupid Trump caused the farmers to have this huge debt due to his tariffs and then he gives them aid to fix it.. like way to go..

And we're pissing off some of our greatest allies as well in Canada, why Trump keeps attacking our allies I'll never know. He's an idiot and I'm sorry you've been too blinded by your own echo chambers you read online that you can't take a step back and look at this objectively and see that he's an immature child who's been an embarrassment as president on a personal level. Sorry.
Image
"I think this is really good experience for me, actually. It's a tough year, it's a tough everything. There's a quote, 'If the sea is smooth, you're never going to become a great sailor'" Porzingis said
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 48,579
And1: 18,388
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#38 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:02 am

Jonathan starks wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/09/mueller-team-files-complaint-against-manafort-trial-judge-over-latest-reprimand.amp.html

Anyone can indict a ham sandwich. Sounds like Muller isn’t too confident about winning. Oh and this case really nothing to do with Russian collusion, which isn’t even a crime to begin with.


It's not a "complaint." It was a simple motion to get the judge to correct the record as a direct result of his sloppiness. This judge is making one mistake after another and practiced law for almost 30 years in the U.S. District Court at 601 Market Street in Philadelphia PA. This "judge" Ellis is injecting himself too much into this case instead of merely calling "balls and strikes."

Dude, you keep posting bees wax about stuff you have no expertise in. Trust Fox "news" is your first mistake.
Image
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 48,579
And1: 18,388
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#39 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:Do you want to post any text from the article? I refuse to support fox news. I also thought we had a requirement for “credible sites?” While the article might be right, fox is not credible.

Anyways, as Clyde has previously said (I think it was him?) - Mueller is going through this like he would attack a mob family, as he should. trump will come.

Also, re: collusion - https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/posteverything/wp/2018/08/01/trump-says-collusion-isnt-a-crime-hes-right-its-actually-many-crimes/

(trump and his cronies will be going to jail for a host of crimes, if / when convicted.)


Mueller is building - dare I say - a wall. :lol: And this is one of the bricks in that wall.
Image
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 27,890
And1: 15,434
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Ot: Muller files compliant against manafort judge 

Post#40 » by dakomish23 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:26 am

Read on Twitter
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af

Return to New York Knicks