ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jimmy Butler asked for Trade !!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Re: OT: Jimmy Butler asked for Trade !! 

Post#1341 » by cuyankees » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:44 pm

seren wrote:Two first rounders to get out of a horrible contract and two distant first rounders to get Butler. Sounds fair IMO. It doesn't do anything for Minny unless they plan to trade KAT and start from scratch tough.

Irony is that horrible contract is more than Lee and a little less than THJ, but it's easy to trade those... Right...
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#1342 » by seren » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:48 pm

cuyankees wrote:
seren wrote:Two first rounders to get out of a horrible contract and two distant first rounders to get Butler. Sounds fair IMO. It doesn't do anything for Minny unless they plan to trade KAT and start from scratch tough.

Irony is that horrible contract is more than Lee and a little less than THJ, but it's easy to trade those... Right...

I don't think either is easy to trade but Lee can at least play basketball ie healthy and his contract runs a year shorter. THJ would take two first picks to trade for an expiring.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#1343 » by Greenie » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Timmy would look great in Minny...
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,486

Post#1344 » by cgf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Come on Perry, aren’t you doing your job?

HOU out: Gordon + Knight + Qi + Hartenstein + 4 FRPs
HOU in: Butler + Hardaway + Vonleh

MIN out: Butler
MIN in: Gordon + 3 HOU FRPs

NYK out: Hardaway + Vonleh
NYK in: Knight + 2019 FRP (HOU)
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#1345 » by awy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 pm

butler wants his 5 year max money. it'll be hard for houston to take on timmy's 20-21 contract.
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#1346 » by cuyankees » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:31 pm

seren wrote:
cuyankees wrote:

I don't think either is easy to trade but Lee can at least play basketball ie healthy and his contract runs a year shorter. THJ would take two first picks to trade for an expiring.

Lee n Knight have same years remaining on their deals right but of course he's playable
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#1347 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 pm

i have no clue who he is but appearntly he has a track record of being correct so here it is
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
cgf
RealGM

Post#1348 » by cgf » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:41 pm

awy wrote:butler wants his 5 year max money. it'll be hard for houston to take on timmy's 20-21 contract.

He only makes 3-4M more than Gordon (if he waives his kicker), and the Rockets have been looking to extend Gordon beyond his 19-20 ending deal...despite their Butler pursuit *shrug*

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,059

Post#1349 » by RHODEY » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:58 pm

cgf wrote:Come on Perry, aren’t you doing your job?

HOU out: Gordon + Knight + Qi + Hartenstein + 4 FRPs
HOU in: Butler + Hardaway + Vonleh

MIN out: Butler
MIN in: Gordon + 3 HOU FRPs

NYK out: Hardaway + Vonleh
NYK in: Knight + 2019 FRP (HOU)

Im not tossing in Vonleh, no effing way, they can have Hicks though
awy
Sixth Man

Post#1350 » by awy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:03 pm

cgf wrote:
awy wrote:butler wants his 5 year max money. it'll be hard for houston to take on timmy's 20-21 contract.

He only makes 3-4M more than Gordon (if he waives his kicker), and the Rockets have been looking to extend Gordon beyond his 19-20 ending deal...despite their Butler pursuit *shrug*

in the case of them having 3 max level stars, they wouldn't be giving gordon 18m. timmy isn't a good fit for the rockets either so he's not a positive acquisition for them.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#1351 » by Capn'O » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:i have no clue who he is but appearntly he has a track record of being correct so here it is
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I just think it's insane that the Rockets are doing this.

I read that all but the last pick would have to be unprotected because protections would potentially violate the Stepien Rule if any pick failed to convey the first year. That's just insane to me. They're going to regret it so bad. Or, in any event, Morey's successor will have to deal with it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,605

Post#1352 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i have no clue who he is but appearntly he has a track record of being correct so here it is
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I read that all but the last pick would have to be unprotected because protections would potentially violate the Stepien Rule if any pick failed to convey the first year. That's just insane to me. They're going to regret it so bad. Or, in any event, Morey's successor will have to deal with it.

idk bro... i think they gotta make this move. its def a gamble but this might be their only chance to take down golden state
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
cgf
RealGM

Post#1353 » by cgf » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:27 pm

awy wrote:
cgf wrote:

in the case of them having 3 max level stars, they wouldn't be giving gordon 18m. timmy isn't a good fit for the rockets either so he's not a positive acquisition for them.

Again they've been talking to Gordon about extending his current 14M contract, despite their pursuit of Jimmy. So we're only talking about 3-4M (times tax payment) more than what they're currently trying to accomplish.

As for Timmy, I actually think he'd do great in that Gordon-microwave role off of the bench for them...especially with the way he's shooting the 3 this year.

cgf
RealGM

Post#1354 » by cgf » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:34 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

idk bro... i think they gotta make this move. its def a gamble but this might be their only chance to take down golden state

Especially if KD is going to leave GSW in the summer :wink:

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1355 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:27 pm

This is clearly Morey realizing what a colossal mistake it was to let former Knick, Trevor Ariza go. Out of all the mistakes made over the years, the Knicks didn't even realize they hit paydirt with Ariza. Damn shame.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#1356 » by god shammgod » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

i actually admire it. very few teams are willing to go this in with golden state around. the 1st two picks will be be damn near 2nds. so it'll be one protected pick and one likely lottery pick for butler. it's not like the rockets are gonna miss the playoffs in the next 3 years. and like someone else said, if durant leaves gs after this year, who's gonna beat them ? i feel like when you're this close you're supposed to say..f*ck it.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,957

Post#1357 » by Capn'O » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

i actually admire it. very few teams are willing to go this in with golden state around. the 1st two picks will be be damn near 2nds. so it'll be one protected pick and one likely lottery pick for butler. it's not like the rockets are gonna miss the playoffs in the next 3 years. and like someone else said, if durant leaves gs after this year, who's gonna beat them ? i feel like when you're this close you're supposed to say..f*ck it.

You know what... I'll allow it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#1358 » by cuyankees » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:46 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Well put, Harden & Capella should be around in 5 years and can't imagine HOU won't make the playoffs. Let's hope they take down the Dubs and force Klay & KD to reevaluate the landscape and move on to other teams. Would love KD & Klay to team up and come here bc the youngsters should help with lengthen their careers
awy
Sixth Man

Post#1359 » by awy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:47 pm

cgf wrote:
awy wrote:
cgf wrote:

Again they've been talking to Gordon about extending his current 14M contract, despite their pursuit of Jimmy. So we're only talking about 3-4M (times tax payment) more than what they're currently trying to accomplish.

As for Timmy, I actually think he'd do great in that Gordon-microwave role off of the bench for them...especially with the way he's shooting the 3 this year.

gordon won't take that tho
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#1360 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:24 pm

This is a move the Rockets should make. In their position, those 1sts wont matter. this isn't Brooklyn trading for old cats that on their way to retirement.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten

Return to New York Knicks