ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 NBA Preseason Games Thread (around the league)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,071

Re: Official 2018 NBA Preseason Games Thread (around the league) 

Post#241 » by Jeffrey » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:55 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Houston would be dumb to hold onto PJ Tucker. Jimmy Butler will put them over the top.

How long until Butler is fighting with Paul/Melo, amongst others? I would say mid-season.

I don't think so. Too many veterans and that team already have defined roles. Jimmy Butler will be the no.2 scoring option and there's really no way around that. His past teams, he feels that he was the man.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#242 » by fatalogic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Houston would be dumb to hold onto PJ Tucker. Jimmy Butler will put them over the top.

How long until Butler is fighting with Paul/Melo, amongst others? I would say mid-season.

I don't think so. Too many veterans and that team already have defined roles. Jimmy Butler will be the no.2 scoring option and there's really no way around that. His past teams, he feels that he was the man.

Unless Jimmy agrees to sign an extension giving up PJ would be bad. He is the perfect 3 n D player for their system. Jimmy doesn't do the same things as PJ so it's not a direct upgrade. Their offense would probably get worse if they directly replaced PJ with Jimmy.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#243 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:28 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#244 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:someone is gonna get the supreme discount on jimmy butler. i'm calling with my timmy and lee offer right now if i'm the knicks. lol

you throwing away a potential top 5 pick for the right to max out 30 year old jimmy butler?

i get it, he's a really good player right now but he doesn't fit our timeline at all. And he has a history of being an awful teammate to young players.

they're not gonna actually take that offer mpharris. c'mon.

:oops:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#245 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:13 pm

i wonder if that means the trade happens today. or do they discipline him in some way ?
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#246 » by cgf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:10 pm

If Houston can get Butler without losing Tucker, then GSW just might not threepeat. Sure you'd think it's just Tucker...but he's a big part of why losing Ariza has been overhyped. He's a key piece to their defense & depth.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,473

Post#247 » by RHODEY » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Jay10 wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
Jimmy said it wasn’t anything personal. He’s challenging Wiggins, Wiggins ignoring him would’ve made him look soft. Andrew has to respect it or he wouldn’t have dapped him up. Wiggins needs this because he should be better.

The only thing missing was a WWE logo in the top corner for this fake outrage.

Rachel Nichols said she received a call from Jimmy Butler last night saying he was ready to talk. Hours later he acts up in practice knowing he was going to be asked about it longer on in the day during the interview.

#7 didn't take it this far. :lol:

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#248 » by cgf » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:55 pm

fatalogic wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:

Unless Jimmy agrees to sign an extension giving up PJ would be bad. He is the perfect 3 n D player for their system. Jimmy doesn't do the same things as PJ so it's not a direct upgrade. Their offense would probably get worse if they directly replaced PJ with Jimmy.

PJ's D at forward & as a smallball 5 is huge for them next to Capela. I disagree about their offense getting worse with Jimmy, but I'm with you completely on them providing such disparate impacts defensively...that's why I get Morey being insistent on being able to pair both Jimmy & PJ with Capela and their 2 all-NBA PGs.

Their bench would probably need some tweaking after any Jimmy-trade that they could possibly pull off without including PJ, but between the deadline and post-deadline cuts, they should be able to bolster their depth for the stretch run...at least if having Jimmy & 6MOTY-Melo to help carry the scoring load, was enough to keep CP3 fresh enough to not get hurt in the playoffs.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,475

Post#249 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
fatalogic
Veteran

Post#250 » by fatalogic » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm

cgf wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

PJ's D at forward & as a smallball 5 is huge for them next to Capela. I disagree about their offense getting worse with Jimmy, but I'm with you completely on them providing such disparate impacts defensively...that's why I get Morey being insistent on being able to pair both Jimmy & PJ with Capela and their 2 all-NBA PGs.

Their bench would probably need some tweaking after any Jimmy-trade that they could possibly pull off without including PJ, but between the deadline and post-deadline cuts, they should be able to bolster their depth for the stretch run...at least if having Jimmy & 6MOTY-Melo to help carry the scoring load, was enough to keep CP3 fresh enough to not get hurt in the playoffs.

My worry without PJ is the 3pt shooting. Jimmy is pretty ball dominate and not a good 3pt shooting which really hurts when they get so many points off the Harden/ Cp3 drive and kick. However Jimmy probably would pick up in efficiency if he just had to hit spot ups but if I'm Morey idk if I take that gamble. For me I would be everything but PJ.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#251 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:14 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

he's staying now ?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Post#252 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

he's staying now ?

cameras need to follow this team around like a reality show...this would be the hottest show in the country!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,475

Post#253 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:47 pm

the plot thickens
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#254 » by Fat Kat » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Circus
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#255 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:41 pm

The Wolves has officially taken over as the most dysfunctional team in basketball.
#MKGA
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#256 » by Greenie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Minny out here looking stupid
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,131

Post#257 » by Capn'O » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:04 am

It's refreshing to be a normal shyt team for once.

"Yo. Our team is bad."
"At least we have young talent, little drama, and our pick."

That's as bad as it gets for us.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
fatalogic
Veteran

Post#258 » by fatalogic » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:00 am

Ohh so this is what top 3 pick bad looks like
Read on Twitter
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,473

Post#259 » by RHODEY » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:05 am

Greenie wrote:Minny out here looking stupid

True and Thib's respect aura is steadily declining. If its true that his old mentor cursed him out and hung up the phone on him, he might not make it past this season.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#260 » by WargamesX » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:10 am

RHODEY wrote:
Greenie wrote:Minny out here looking stupid

True and Thib's respect aura is steadily declining. If its true that his old mentor cursed him out and hung up the phone on him, he might not make it past this season.

To be fair what kind of mentor sends Dion Waiters back in a trade for Jimmy Butler. Plus a protected 1st to boot.

Riley should of just went to Thibs house with a gun and a mask if he planned to rob him like that
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7

Return to New York Knicks