ImageImageImageImageImage

Tim Hardaway JR

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Tim Hardaway JR 

Post#1 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm

I know a lot of posters are down on him, and rightfully so. Last year he didn’t do a good job considering his contract and what was expected of him, but I still believe he has some nice potential. I think there’s a myth that he doesn’t play defense. I’m not saying he’s a great defensive player, but I do believe he’s better than average. Another myth I believe is that he has poor shot selection. Now hear me out on this one. I agree that sometimes he does take ill advised shots, but normally his shot selection isn’t that bad. Like I said I don’t think it’s great, but it’s not as bad as people make it out to be. I think pretty good vision and is great in transition. I think if he puts it all together he can be a very good player. Fair disclosure - I’ve been watching him closely his whole career and have been waiting for him to put it all together for awhile. Mainly he needs to start making his threes. We’ll see what happens
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Re: Tim Hardaway JR 

Post#2 » by ChaosHamster » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:41 pm

For one, I still think Tim will become a star player. This isn’t the NHL where players take 5-6 years to break out, but for some in the NBA that’s the case for someone raw like Tim.

We all need to agree, WORSE CASE SCENARIO Tim is a BENCH SCORER on a championship team. Best case he’s rich mans Bradley Beal. Right now he’s Tyreke Evans but 10x better.

He looks much better and I think his numbers double this year. Meaning he’ll hit 25ppg and around 7-8 apg.

He’s a dog, I’m **** love guys like Tim. Trust me a few years from now when we’re rolling into playoffs Tim becomes 10x more valuable even if he doesn’t reach his full potential.

Mostly every fan across the NBA doesn’t notice what we got in Tim, FFS even in the Knicks.
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#3 » by Blockwatcher » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 pm

I think he’ll have a good year
1 John 2 : 15-17
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#4 » by cuyankees » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 pm

easily top 5 worst contract for playable guys.
21 Hussle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,628

Post#5 » by 21 Hussle » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Tim's biggest issue last season was that he was basically forced to be the #1 option after KP went down. People view him as a finished product but I don't think that's the case, he can improve or at the least get back to the level he was playing during the 2nd half of Atl's season. It's just his shot selection that's dreadful, I hope Fiz checks him.
:meditate: Patience :meditate:
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,288

Post#6 » by DOT » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:07 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:For one, I still think Tim will become a star player. This isn’t the NHL where players take 5-6 years to break out, but for some in the NBA that’s the case for someone raw like Tim.

We all need to agree, WORSE CASE SCENARIO Tim is a BENCH SCORER on a championship team. Best case he’s rich mans Bradley Beal. Right now he’s Tyreke Evans but 10x better.

He looks much better and I think his numbers double this year. Meaning he’ll hit 25ppg and around 7-8 apg.

He’s a dog, I’m **** love guys like Tim. Trust me a few years from now when we’re rolling into playoffs Tim becomes 10x more valuable even if he doesn’t reach his full potential.

Mostly every fan across the NBA doesn’t notice what we got in Tim, FFS even in the Knicks.

As an Italian, I always appreciate a good pasta
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,931

Post#7 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:09 pm

His shot selection always start off good then he feel like he Kobe then it takes a dive. Same old Tim. Until he changes I feel the same way. On top of that I supported the signing. Never seen someone so good at attacking the basket but settle for jumpers falling away etc.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#8 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 pm

K P 6 wrote:His shot selection always start off good then he feel like he Kobe then it takes a dive. Same old Tim. Until he changes I feel the same way. On top of that I supported the signing. Never seen someone so good at attacking the basket but settle for jumpers falling away etc.

I kind of agree. He starts the game off letting the game come to him, then he gets impatient and forces the issue.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#9 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:23 pm

Hope he fulfills his contract. He's not a useless scrub. He's got talent. He needs to be more consistent.
:beer: RIP mags
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#10 » by malik959 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:
K P 6 wrote:His shot selection always start off good then he feel like he Kobe then it takes a dive. Same old Tim. Until he changes I feel the same way. On top of that I supported the signing. Never seen someone so good at attacking the basket but settle for jumpers falling away etc.

I kind of agree. He starts the game off letting the game come to him, then he gets impatient and forces the issue.

This is my issue and why I feel he holds himself back. He can take anybody to the hole and finishes with the best of them, but he's too comfortable on the perimeter and settles for that shot far too often. Perimeter shooting is actually the weakest part of his game, bbut it's what he loves most.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,389

Post#11 » by Ray Williams » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:58 pm

Streaky low percentage shooter with below average defense that does nothing to make teammates better
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#12 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:01 pm

malik959 wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:

This is my issue and why I feel he holds himself back. He can take anybody to the hole and finishes with the best of them, but he's too comfortable on the perimeter and settles for that shot far too often. Perimeter shooting is actually the weakest part of his game, bbut it's what he loves most.

Yeah. He needs to drive way more. Shoot less contrsted leaners. Give solid effort on D.
:beer: RIP mags
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#13 » by Greenie » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 pm

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#14 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#15 » by Kampuchea » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:27 pm

THJ is not bad....at the MLE. Not for his current wage.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#16 » by cgf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:01 am

If you look at the SG salaries list, Timmy actually fits amongst most of the guys in that 11-20 range, but those guys are pretty much all overpaid...or Klay...

Oh well, hopefully by next season he’s an overpaid high-end 6th man.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,547

Post#17 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:03 am

He's streaky. He takes low basketball IQ shots. He tries to be the man way too much. I'll be happy the day he's a bench player or gone.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#18 » by Cookies4Life » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:42 am

ChaosHamster wrote:For one, I still think Tim will become a star player. This isn’t the NHL where players take 5-6 years to break out, but for some in the NBA that’s the case for someone raw like Tim.

What did I just read? I've heard of ambitious fans, but this post takes the cake.

First off, raw player?? We're not talking about some 7 foot 3 project who only played one year in college. He's a 6 "6 swingman who played for a a championship level team in Michigan for 3 years. There's nothing "raw" about his game.

I'm flabbergasted at the statistics you project for him- I don't know which one I find more mind boggling- a 25 ppg average which might be feasible if he decides to hoist up 35 FGA's per game (which sadly, he might just do if given the green light.) The 7-8 assists per game is the most ridiculous projection I've heard for a guy- he's not a PG in any sense of the word and he's not known for being the most altruistic of SG's.

He's an inefficient chucker who almost always plays himself out of games if his shot isn't falling down. He's good for maybe 1 good statistical game (on good efficiency,) every 5 or 6 NBA games. And no, he's not an above average defender (someone in this thread referred to him as such.) Calling him an "average" defender is probably being too generous. There's too many instances of him giving up on plays and playing matador defense from the perimeter.

He's no reclamation project; he is who he is at this stage of his NBA career. To expect any type of catapult in his production- especially his assists- is setting yourself up fora disappointment.

I don't even know if he's worth 10 million a year. Maybe somewhere along the lines of 7 or 8 million per. He's a 6th man and probably wouldn't be up for the award in his career because he's never shown enough consistency to string together enough good games for an entire season.

I hope we get rid of him as soon as possible. I don't even want Butler, but if the centerpiece of the deal would have to involve Hardaway, I'd do it 100 out of 100 times.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#19 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:44 am

In transition, he’s a top tier player imo.
Like really.

He’s not useless. There are far worse contracts in the league: Miles Plumlee, Allan Crabbe, Biz Biyombo, Gorgui Dieng, etc.

So we give the guy a hard time but he’s a pretty decent player. He needs to improve his shot selection and his defense but he’s not the garbage player we make him out to be. Just a poorly timed and unnecessary signing.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#20 » by Sark » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:46 am

On a good team, he'd be a 6th or 7th off the bench.

Return to New York Knicks