ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Nets PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Re: Knicks - Nets PG 

Post#421 » by DOT » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 am

Jonathan starks wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:a perfect example of the yips is fultz forgetting how to shoot last season

Or maybe when chuck knoblouch couldn’t throw it to first

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#422 » by whocares1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 am

Knox isn’t experiencing yips. Him lacking confidence and struggling is what we’ve seen from Knox in Kentucky. It’s not like he’s Ayton.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,420

Post#423 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:02 am

Which Monstar stole Knox's ability to play basketball?!
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#424 » by fatalogic » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:25 am

Lmaooo yips. GM green arrow would have probably cut the likes of Steve Nash, Kobe and Kawhi 1/2 way into the first month of their rookie year. I think even Frank haters gave him more leeway than 5 games.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#425 » by ChaosHamster » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am

obligatory: THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T REBUILD IN NY
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#426 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:34 am

Time to trade Knox since he sucks and start over. He also has the yips!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,260

Post#427 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:35 am

ChaosHamster wrote:obligatory: THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T REBUILD IN NY

Section 3.05.A(3) of the Rebuild Manual says:

"At beginning of rebuild, put all online fans of the team into a cage and submerge them in some kind of suspended animation fluid until rebuild is concluded."

My question then is did Pills read the manual or did they just skim it?
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#428 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:36 am

I got some Yips for ya

ImageImageImage
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#429 » by Jonathan starks » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:05 am

whocares1 wrote:Knox isn’t experiencing yips. Him lacking confidence and struggling is what we’ve seen from Knox in Kentucky. It’s not like he’s Ayton.

I don’t even feel like he’s lacking confidence. I mean he’s jacking up a lot of shots. He’s just struggling. My problem with him thus far is his effort on defense
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#430 » by whocares1 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:37 am

Jonathan starks wrote:
whocares1 wrote:Knox isn’t experiencing yips. Him lacking confidence and struggling is what we’ve seen from Knox in Kentucky. It’s not like he’s Ayton.

I don’t even feel like he’s lacking confidence. I mean he’s jacking up a lot of shots. He’s just struggling. My problem with him thus far is his effort on defense

Defense isn’t just about effort. You’re misinterpreting his abysmal defensive ability with effort. He knows he doesn’t have the lateral quickness to defend perimeter players at the three point line. Right now the lineup should be Frank, Lee(when healthy), Lance, Knox, and eventually KP. Knox should be defending the 4. He’s not a 3.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,251

Post#431 » by TheGreenArrow » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:38 am

Didnt know where to post this but......

Read on Twitter

We are officially ON THE ROAD FOLKS!!!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#432 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:19 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:Didnt know where to post this but......

Read on Twitter

Thank god we some smart folks running the show. Now all need to do is go out there and get those W’s (and by that I mean L’s)
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,906

Post#433 » by cgf » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:57 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:obligatory: THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T REBUILD IN NY

Section 3.05.A(3) of the Rebuild Manual says:

"At beginning of rebuild, put all online fans of the team into a cage and submerge them in some kind of suspended animation fluid until rebuild is concluded."

My question then is did Pills read the manual or did they just skim it?

They clearly skimmed it...at most! THE (not a real-)REBUILD IS A FAILURE!!!!!!!
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#434 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:20 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Didnt know where to post this but......

Read on Twitter

Thank god we some smart folks running the show. Now all need to do is go out there and get those W’s (and by that I mean L’s)

Not sure what they’ve done yet to be labeled smart.

Sure, they’re not trading draft picks and young players for quick fixes but pretty much every team in the league has been doing that. I’ll give them credit for doing that here but let’s not lower the bar so much that simply not being a bunch of idiots makes them smart.

Need to see what they do in free agency in 2019 and how Knox/Robinson pan out before I can fairly judge them.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#435 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:24 am

GONYK wrote:Image

• we need to get him and the other kids as much time together as possible to determine fit and develop chemistry
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#436 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:30 am

Jonathan starks wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:Remember when people were asking for others to ‘apologize’ to Perry when he acquired Mudiay?

Fun times.

You’re acting like he gave up a ton for Mudiay. It was a small trade. We lost it. Anyway moving on...

That wasn’t his point. It’s the quick victory lap folks took. Happens every year with so many players.

Then reality kicks in. No more laps

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#437 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:35 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:Does knox have the yips???

Its a fair discussion to have given his recent struggles.

He looks like a totally different player than he did in summer league.

Yips to me is trying to do something you’re a pro at and suddenly the insecurity in your head overtakes years of muscle memory.

I feel like the kid is facing NBA defenses and he’s figuring out his way as he gets comfortable. I expect a more aggressive player the 2nd half of the season.

We don’t know if it will result in anything positive for the team though :dontknow:

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#438 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:38 am

The vast majority looked at acquiring Mudiay as taking a flier on a former lotto pick to get a look for a position that we desperately needed help in. same with Trey Burke. No different than signing Mario to a one year deal. or adding Vonleh.

Small moves, minimal risk, with the reward could be nice if it panned. if it didn't no real loss.

I see an actual pattern. It's clear what's the end goal. Young side talent acquisition. Thought folks would be down for that.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#439 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:00 am

Thugger HBC wrote:The vast majority looked at acquiring Mudiay as taking a flier on a former lotto pick to get a look for a position that we desperately needed help in. same with Trey Burke. No different than signing Mario to a one year deal. or adding Vonleh.

Small moves, minimal risk, with the reward could be nice if it panned. if it didn't no real loss.

I see an actual pattern. It's clear what's the end goal. Young side talent acquisition. Thought folks would be down for that.

Tiny risks are good management. It is a form of asset management actually. When you hit the winning number it doesn't matter if five other small bets didn't pan out. That's classic strategy. It works eventually and then you have a solid addition or a tradeable asset. Even Burke is an asset now if he turns out to yield a pick or a player we want in a trade. We didn't give up anything to get him so that's a win already.
ImageImageImage
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#440 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:01 am

Thugger HBC wrote:The vast majority looked at acquiring Mudiay as taking a flier on a former lotto pick to get a look for a position that we desperately needed help in. same with Trey Burke. No different than signing Mario to a one year deal. or adding Vonleh.

I still believe that a majority of Knick fans are for a youth movement and a full rebuild.

The Knicks owner fire Phil then the NEW Front Office said they believed in Frank Ntilikina but then, went and acquired more guards that cut into his playing time. Enter Trey Burke. Then Mudiay.

Not only was Frank's playing opportunities undermined but also the Knicks' chances for a top 5 pick were ruined.

Suddenly Knick fans were scratching their heads and unsure which what to believe.

I don't care what anyone says. The Knicks are like the United States Federal Government. They cannot keep their money in their wallet.

Why?

Because Madison Square Garden MUST overcharge for tickets.

Two things I always prepare for:

1. Zombies

2. Knicks STINKING.

Return to New York Knicks