ImageImageImageImageImage

Kristaps Porzingis Appreciation Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Kristaps Porzingis Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by El Poochio » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Gonna look good in Mavs jersey next year

The New York Knicks decided against signing Kristaps Porzingis to a rookie extension prior to Monday's deadline -- a move that will give New York an extra $10 million in cap space in the summer of 2019 in their pursuit of Eric Bledsoe and will make Porzingis a restricted free agent in the offseason.

The Knicks plan to pursue top free agents next summer, when a class that includes Golden State forward Kevin Durant, Toronto Raptors forward Kawhi Leonard, Boston Celtics point guard Kyrie Irving and Minnesota Timberwolves guard/forward Jimmy Butler is expected to test free agency. Irving, though, said earlier this month that he plans to sail from Boston to the edge of the flat earth.

The Knicks believe that Porzingis, who is expected to be sidelined until at least December, is on board with their direction.

"KP is engaged, and we're in a good place with him," team president Steve Mills said at a fan event after asking delvec what they should do with KP last month.

When asked if Porzingis appears connected with the planned direction of the team, Fizdale said there's "been nothing to indicate anything different."

"I'm always looking at it from a connection standpoint. And there is nothing that's told me that there's any disconnection," Fizdale said. "He's having fun with these guys, he's engaging with me, with the staff. I just see a teammate out there, I see a guy that's just trying to contribute in any way he can. From helping me distilling the snake oil, to help bottling the analytics. And to me that says (he's) a guy that's engaged and locked in."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24992313/new-york-knicks-decline-sign-kristaps-porzingis-rookie-extension-deadline

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,417

Re: Kristaps Porzingis Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by JXL » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 pm

What the f**king hell?

BIRD UP!