ImageImageImageImageImage

WT: Knicks trying to trade Lee

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: WT: Knicks trying to trade Lee 

Post#161 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:45 am

cgf wrote:
Newyorknick94 wrote:
cuyankees wrote:1st, we? You're a Knick? You mean the Knicks right?

2nd, Knicks don't currently have $ to sign a max guy wout making moves in off season.

3rd, people "obsess" over THJ contract bc if you do some simple math, Knicks would have nearly 2 max guys instead of THJ and a max. So which would you prefer?

Lastly, there's 0 chance THJ plays to his contract, his contract is easily the top 5 worst contract for playable guys.

Otto Porter 25 million per year
Batum 24 million per year
Allen Crabbe 19 million per
Evan turner 17 million per
Chandler Parsons 24 million per
Harrison Barnes 24 million per
Ryan Anderson 20 million per

Are all worse contracts than Timmy I’m not saying I’m a big fan of his but if he plays the way he did last night not 31ppg but a few assists decent defense and around 18 a game 17 million a year for him is not that bad my biggest issue is if he decides he doesn’t wanna play defense he’d have to be a bench player in the future and 17 million a year for someone off the bench is too much

Otto's fine, but you could replace him with Wiggins.

That said Timmy is one of many bad deals, not the worst in the league...though it would be nice to have that cap space this summer just because of how our cap window works out with KP & the fizkids' rookie scale deals...

I like Porter. Good player but seriously overpaid..
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#162 » by Dantares » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Trey Burke and Lee for Kentavious Caldwell Pope. once burke is gone this opens the door for trier to fulfill his destiny as rookie of the year.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

RealGM
And1: 39,206

Post#163 » by 2010 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:28 pm

If all it takes to move Lee is attaching a 2nd you do it yesterday!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#164 » by Moose » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Dantares wrote:Trey Burke and Lee for Kentavious Caldwell Pope. once burke is gone this opens the door for trier to fulfill his destiny as rookie of the year.

I think the Lakers would want to keep their cap space.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,075

Post#165 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:11 pm

whatever happened to that guy on twitter with the big head as his pic that served as lee's mouthpiece?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#166 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:01 am

I hope there's a way to package Hardaway (and his brother Burke) to the coach who brought out the best in Timmy, Budenholzer. Is there a possible trade we could make with the Bucks? Maybe Bud would love having Timmy back. If we can trade THJ away, we can keep Lee as our vet guard.
luka27
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#167 » by luka27 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:26 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:I hope there's a way to package Hardaway (and his brother Burke) to the coach who brought out the best in Timmy, Budenholzer. Is there a possible trade we could make with the Bucks? Maybe Bud would love having Timmy back. If we can trade THJ away, we can keep Lee as our vet guard.

Milwaukee has no expiring contracts beside Bledsoe and Middleton. They won't trade either of them for THJ without other incentives.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#168 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:37 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:I hope there's a way to package Hardaway (and his brother Burke) to the coach who brought out the best in Timmy, Budenholzer. Is there a possible trade we could make with the Bucks? Maybe Bud would love having Timmy back. If we can trade THJ away, we can keep Lee as our vet guard.

I think, more often than not, players are traded because their coaches are through with them. I'm sure at least with Hardaway that's the case. We're stuck with this mediocre player.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#169 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:33 pm

basketboule wrote:

I think, more often than not, players are traded because their coaches are through with them. I'm sure at least with Hardaway that's the case. We're stuck with this mediocre player.

The Hawks never traded Hardaway away to us. Remember, we signed him to a ridiculous contract just so Atlanta wouldn't match, about $20 million more than he's worth with a trade kicker to match. Bud wasn't through with Timmy. The Hawks were gonna sign him to a reasonable price but they were still many pieces away from being a contender so there was no need to overpay a non-superstar player. But hey, we're the New York Knicks so we did, and on top of that, we didn't hire a coach or implement a system to play to Hardaway's strengths. We gave him an offense that he has the greenlight to do whatever he wants to.
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 680

Post#170 » by ForzaMetro » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:05 pm

The only place I could see unloading Hardaway is Sacramento.

Why would the Kings do that? Because they’re the effing Kings. They tried to give Zach LaVine 4/80, so maybe you convince them Hardaway can give them what they’re looking for. Plus maybe they realize they aren’t even going to lure a star there, so this is the best they can do with their cap space.

Also, since they do now own their pick in the upcoming draft, they have no incentive to tank, so a trade that makes them better this season should not dissuade them.

Hardaway Jr, Lance Thomas, Burke
for
Shumpert, Koufos, McLemore

If you can pull that deal off, not only have you advanced the tank, you cleared over $25M is salary cap space for the summer (maybe not exact with cap holds and such, but close). At that point you don’t even need to trade Lee and could keep him around as the veteran leader. Since the pressure to clear space would be off, we could deal him on our terms (no attaching picks) if a contending team wants to add for the playoffs.

Additional benefits - opens up opportunities for Frank to be the primary ball handler on offense, and gets Vonleh into the starting lineup
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#171 » by cgf » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:25 pm

ForzaMetro wrote:The only place I could see unloading Hardaway is Sacramento.

Why would the Kings do that? Because they’re the effing Kings. They tried to give Zach LaVine 4/80, so maybe you convince them Hardaway can give them what they’re looking for. Plus maybe they realize they aren’t even going to lure a star there, so this is the best they can do with their cap space.

Also, since they do now own their pick in the upcoming draft, they have no incentive to tank, so a trade that makes them better this season should not dissuade them.

for

If you can pull that deal off, not only have you advanced the tank, you cleared over $25M is salary cap space for the summer (maybe not exact with cap holds and such, but close). At that point you don’t even need to trade Lee and could keep him around as the veteran leader. Since the pressure to clear space would be off, we could deal him on our terms (no attaching picks) if a contending team wants to add for the playoffs.

Additional benefits - opens up opportunities for Frank to be the primary ball handler on offense, and gets Vonleh into the starting lineup

Lance's contract is completely unguaranteed next year so we'd only be clearing the 18M that Timmy is owed.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Metta World WAR
Junior
And1: 331

Post#172 » by Metta World WAR » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Should try to trade him to the Rockets for Brandon Knight.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#173 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Barring major injury, you'd have to figure he's not getting traded before the deadline
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#174 » by GEOLINK » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Tactical tank move sitting Lee down all these games.
ForzaMetro
Senior
And1: 680

Post#175 » by ForzaMetro » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:04 pm

cgf wrote:
ForzaMetro wrote:The only place I could see unloading Hardaway is Sacramento.

for

Lance's contract is completely unguaranteed next year so we'd only be clearing the 18M that Timmy is owed.

Good call
Dantares
Head Coach

Post#176 » by Dantares » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Metta World WAR wrote:Should try to trade him to the Rockets for Brandon Knight.

That is a good deal that would benefit both teams.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,252

Post#177 » by DOT » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Dantares wrote:
Metta World WAR wrote:Should try to trade him to the Rockets for Brandon Knight.

If by "benefit both teams" you mean add 3 million in salary when we're trying to clear space, then yes
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Dantares
Head Coach

Post#178 » by Dantares » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:12 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Dantares wrote:

If by "benefit both teams" you mean add 3 million in salary when we're trying to clear space, then yes

Oh no that is a horrible deal then. I thought knight was an expiring.

cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#179 » by cgf » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:53 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Dantares wrote:

Knight for Lee is bad, but I do think that Knight + their 2021 FRP for THJ could make some sense if Timmy waived his kicker....at least if they eventually lose Gordon & their 2019 FRP in a Butler trade; creating a need for a prime-aged bench scorer that can really go off when hot.

We’d shave some money and a year off Timmy’s contract, while picking up an asset.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,405

Post#180 » by Wolfgang630 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm

We should definitely find a team to trade Hardaway too. Someone like Houston would be perfect for him. They chuck 3’s all night long

Return to New York Knicks