ImageImageImageImageImage

For those who want to tank

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,859

Re: For those who want to tank 

Post#121 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Tank is where it's at this year. F*ck "Cultchah".

KNicks need to work overtime getting into the top 3. If Fiz is all that as a coach, he can en-culturate the Knicks like a mofo next year. This year, the Knicks need losses, and lots of them. At least 60 of them.

nothing works that way. they have to fight and do their best at all times.

keep jeff if you think dysfunction is to our benefit. these kids are going to try and have shown potential to overachieve. sucks for the tank, but is absolutely good for the franchise. especially when it's being done with a glut of youth who can have futures here.

best of both worlds would be the team playes spirited basketball "the right way" all year and still wins the lottery. but, the former usually impacts the latter inversely. that's what it is.

i am 1000000% with perry that it is an abhorrent concept to institutionalize losing. FO did the right thing by accepting development by limiting personnel to the kinds of players they want to build a foundation with (young, athletic, etc.) anything on top of that intentionally, and you're building a forever tank due to playing with forces you cannot control.

kids on the upswing in a positive culture is what any org needs. we have perpetual examples of teams that stay young and trash in this league. and some of them are at risk of losing their places in the league. kings have to have converstations about moving from sacramento.

Well, that. But if there are some tight games down the stretch. I want to see bums in, like Chicago, Orlando, Sacto etc did.

Also, I don't want to institutionalize it. But Knicks sure as hell need to try on the whole "losing a lot" thing this year.

No one year is any more important in "getting the draft right" but KP isn't getting any younger. Now's the time to add that foundational piece via the draft, which in turn hopefully attracts the right FA, so the Knicks can be decent in KP's "young prime".

i don't disagree with anything involving the draft being key and high draft picks being valuable.

putting in a suicide squad in a blatant attempt to be less competitive at the end of a game is a generally bad message. i don't know how you could keep your team if that were obvious -- even the young guys who are supposed to benefit from the pick. playing for picks... bad news.

but if he's going to mix and match looks at ends of games strategically anyway, then cool. and with all of that said, there's still no way to get them to lose. if fiz is that deal then any five he puts out there is likely going to compete like hell. that's going to result in some Ws like it or not.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,859

Post#122 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:34 pm

robillionaire wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Mills is trying to ruin Frank just because Phil drafted him and has instructed Fiz to play him out of position and limit his minutes, and have the announce team to bash him to help sway public perception, like the way they're all instructed to hype up hardaway during the game and post game even when he shoots 8-25

I guess I should clarify that this post was mostly a joke. Mostly.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

green font is increasingly a must these days.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,796

Post#123 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:57 pm

robillionaire wrote:Mills is trying to ruin Frank just because Phil drafted him and has instructed Fiz to play him out of position and limit his minutes, and have the announce team to bash him to help sway public perception, like the way they're all instructed to hype up hardaway during the game and post game even when he shoots 8-25

I do feel there's a personal favoritism for Hardaway over Frank from upper management. They prefer not to see Frank outperform Hardaway when it was Phil who traded Hardaway away and drafted Frank as well.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,036

Post#124 » by robillionaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:

I do feel there's a personal favoritism for Hardaway over Frank from upper management. They prefer not to see Frank outperform Hardaway when it was Phil who traded Hardaway away and drafted Frank as well.

Rly makes u think
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,234

Post#125 » by Chanel Bomber » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:

Frank:

2017-18: FG% .364, TS% .437, PER 7.0, BPM -3.9, ORtg 89, DRtg 112
2018-19: FG% .348, TS% .413, PER 7.5, BPM -0.7, ORtg 84, DRtg 101

Ain't no conspiracy, Frank has been that bad. These numbers are simply atrocious.

At least Hardaway looks like a competent NBA player and the numbers back it up. You can even say Tim is a below average NBA player if you want, but Frank is not outperforming him anytime soon.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,055

Post#126 » by Fat Kat » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Frank’s my dude, but y’all really want the coach and management to nipple feed him. That’s not how it works. Give him time and let him show us what he’s about.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,754

Post#127 » by Clyde_Style » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Frank’s my dude, but y’all really want the coach and management to nipple feed him. That’s not how it works. Give him time and let him show us what he’s about.

I heretofore dedicate my nipples to Frank's development
ImageImageImage
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 863

Post#128 » by KnickLeDime » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:35 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:

Frank:

Ain't no conspiracy, Frank has been that bad. These numbers are simply atrocious.

At least Hardaway looks like a competent NBA player and the numbers back it up. You can even say Tim is a below average NBA player if you want, but Frank is not outperforming him anytime soon.

At some point soon, like this year Frank is gonna need to show something because right now his career is going 100 mph toward bust territory.

His cover right now is that he's a 20 year old kid...that's good and well but at some point he's gonna have to start producing.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#129 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Frank’s my dude, but y’all really want the coach and management to nipple feed him. That’s not how it works. Give him time and let him show us what he’s about.

Even if that were true (it's not), why shouldn't they?

What else is happening this season that's so important that we shouldn't invest considerable time in developing our lotto pick and one of the youngest players in the league? Not to mention, one of the few players who isn't on a 1 year deal?

We should spend more time developing Enes and Burke instead? Too busy not winning?
KnickLeDime
Bench Warmer
And1: 863

Post#130 » by KnickLeDime » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:06 pm

GONYK wrote:

What else is happening this season that's so important that we shouldn't invest considerable time in developing our lotto pick and one of the youngest players in the league? Not to mention, one of the few players who isn't on a 1 year deal?

We should spend more time developing Enes and Burke instead? Too busy not winning?

#preach!!!!!
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#131 » by robillionaire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm

GONYK wrote:

They still think they're going to the playoffs apparently. So why try to develop players
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#132 » by Fat Kat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:57 pm

GONYK wrote:

Perhaps they don’t view him as a PG yet. It’s apparent that he’s not comfortable enough in that role yet. He defers to other guards. Probably because he’s not comfortable running the point. And just perhaps your narrow view of development does it match the coach’s.

You also have to consider that they do want to develop other players. Maybe players that you don’t like. You have no idea who’s going to be here next year and who’s not. None of us do.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#133 » by Fat Kat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:59 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:

Frank:

Dudes running around thinking that stomping your feet is going to make Frank a better player. At the end of the day it’s up to him.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,796

Post#134 » by Spree2Houston » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

One thing I've heard is Frank does love his fast food
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#135 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Perhaps they don’t view him as a PG yet. It’s apparent that he’s not comfortable enough in that role yet. He defers to other guards. Probably because he’s not comfortable running the point. And just perhaps your narrow view of development does it match the coach’s.

You also have to consider that they do want to develop other players. Maybe players that you don’t like. You have no idea who’s going to be here next year and who’s not. None of us do.

They gave him extended minutes as the sole ballhandler, and the world didn't collapse. Frank led the team in assists, and kept the offense humming for players like Dot and Mario.

I don't see the case for how consistently doing that prevents anyone else from being developed or is detrimental to the team as a whole.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#136 » by robillionaire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm

On the other hand isolation chuckers are detrimental to development and the team as a whole. We should have just kept Melo and Derrick Rose at this rate.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#137 » by GYK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:12 pm

not only do I want to tank I want to trade KP on lottery night for another top 3-5 pick. love him but we're pretty far away from contention, **** playoffs, and already about to give out max contracts.

Return to New York Knicks