ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Nets PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Re: Knicks - Nets PG 

Post#641 » by cuyankees » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:36 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
2010 wrote:
Read on Twitter

is tim worse then the noah signing? because at least noah was so washed we didn't even feel the extreme financial burden to play him. there's still a contingent of idiots who actually think timmmy is a good player with room to grow.

Equally bad, just for different reasons.

Noah imo was a bad signing for the years primarily. The pay I didn't mind as much, but 4 years was too long. Feel then and now about Lee as well.

Timmy is a bad signing because he doesn't fit the goals of the team when Mills knew a rebuild was in order. Timmy is not a good defender, never has been. He plays within a system of defense when his NBA career was in jeopardy. he's also erratic on offense.

Timmy should have been an easy pass, but Mills just couldn't help himself there.

Great way to put it. At least w Noah, PJax was “trying” to do something w a fading Melo, THJ made 0 sense @ the time and he’s the gift that keeps on giving...
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,066

Post#642 » by Jeffrey » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 am

Just got back.. my brother said Knox got injured and looked bad. Can someone tell me what happened?
X-Man Cometh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,147

Post#643 » by X-Man Cometh » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:03 am

K P 6 wrote:
X-Man Cometh wrote:So, you're telling me our offense is gonna be Tim's chuck fest, huh?

Don’t act like y’all didnt know this man. It sick me to my stomach Brooklyn was running legit stuff and we continue to give excuses.

The only reason I can see is if Fizdale is trying to focus on other things first.

Maybe he's trying to get our defense right while giving players freedom on offense. This kind of freedom generally makes players happy, at least for a while. It might not be a bad idea, knowing that our insistence on the triangle made players uncomfortable.

Or maybe he's just trying to create that "family" mentality he had in Memphis.

The problem is that Tim thinks he's an "alpha dog" and starts chucking, so that strategy can backfire.
ItsPajama
Rookie
And1: 1,167

Post#644 » by ItsPajama » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:46 am

Guys, Idk if I actually dislike Tim lol
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#645 » by DLTGWH » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:52 am

X-Man Cometh wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
X-Man Cometh wrote:So, you're telling me our offense is gonna be Tim's chuck fest, huh?

Don’t act like y’all didnt know this man. It sick me to my stomach Brooklyn was running legit stuff and we continue to give excuses.

The only reason I can see is if Fizdale is trying to focus on other things first.

Maybe he's trying to get our defense right while giving players freedom on offense. This kind of freedom generally makes players happy, at least for a while. It might not be a bad idea, knowing that our insistence on the triangle made players uncomfortable.

Or maybe he's just trying to create that "family" mentality he had in Memphis.

The problem is that Tim thinks he's an "alpha dog" and starts chucking, so that strategy can backfire.

What you keep calling “chucking” is the nba norm today. Why THard gets crucified on this board for doing what everY coaching wants their shooters to do I don’understand.

But honestly who woulda known Al No Sharington was simply a revolutionist. He was a before his time chucker and would probably be a 20ppg PF in Houston this year
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#646 » by blanko » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:19 am

Congratulations nets, the first tine you hakve your own draft pick in ages and you mess up your tank.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
X-Man Cometh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,147

Post#647 » by X-Man Cometh » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:02 pm

DLTGWH wrote:What you keep calling “chucking” is the nba norm today. Why THard gets crucified on this board for doing what everY coaching wants their shooters to do I don’understand.

But honestly who woulda known Al No Sharington was simply a revolutionist. He was a before his time chucker and would probably be a 20ppg PF in Houston this year

I agree that Tim is a shooter. What I'm saying is that if you give him too much freedom on offense, he will start forcing things and he's just not good or consistent enough for that.

But I'm not crucifying him. Maybe, he's the only one willing to take the shots.

Anyway, we just gotta wait and see what Fiz will do.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#648 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 pm

As much as I dislike Count Chuckaway's shot selection..and yes, I will refer to Tim Hardaway Jr as Count Chuckaway for the REST of the season...he's not to blame for the Knicks loss to the Nets.

The real fault lies in Coach Fizzles.

Brooklyn struggles against big bodies. The Pistons went to their "Great Lakes Forest" line up and made Blake Griffin their point guard and stole a win from the Nets.

IF Coach Fizzles played Mitchell Robinson alongside Kanter and Knox with Frank, they would have DESTROYED the Nets.

Too little too late.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#649 » by PeoplesChamp » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:50 pm

ItsPajama wrote:4Guys, Idk if I actually dislike Tim lol

The hatred is ridiculous. But fans always need a punching bag.

Return to New York Knicks