ImageImageImageImageImage

KNICKS/DEER PG THREAD

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Re: KNICKS/DEER PG THREAD 

Post#281 » by F N 11 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 am

idk Why I even bother. I just typed like 3 paragraphs and deleted it.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#282 » by fatalogic » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:13 am

K-DOT wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
K-DOT wrote:No, Burke didn't

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

How do you figure? Offensively there’s no comparison. Sure Burke wasn’t efficient, but most rookies aren’t, and he still managed to put up 13 a game. Franks career high is 17, and that was in a meeningless game at the end year where no one was trying.
Burke had no skills. Dude sucked

To be fair his rookie year was fine it was his 2nd and 3rd year that were bad.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#283 » by Phish Tank » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:14 am

Burke peaked after his rookie season
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,257

Post#284 » by DOT » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 am

Jonathan starks wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
How do you figure? Offensively there’s no comparison. Sure Burke wasn’t efficient, but most rookies aren’t, and he still managed to put up 13 a game. Franks career high is 17, and that was in a meeningless game at the end year where no one was trying.
Burke had no skills. Dude sucked

He’s quicker than frank, has a much better handle, and has a much better shot.
I hate to break it to you, but Trey Burke in his 2nd year just isn't an NBA player. I think we need to just accept him for what he is, a scrub. I don't see any nba skills in him

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#285 » by seren » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 am

My guess is either LFT or Burke is hitting the bench. I don't see why Frank would sit. He has been rock solid on D and ball actually moved on offense.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#286 » by Jonathan starks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 am

Phish Tank wrote:Burke peaked after his rookie season

He fell off a cliff. He’s showing he’s an nba player tho
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#287 » by Jonathan starks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:17 am

K-DOT wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Burke had no skills. Dude sucked

I hate to break it to you, but Trey Burke in his 2nd year just isn't an NBA player. I think we need to just accept him for what he is, a scrub. I don't see any nba skills in him

So you’re disputing what I just said? Frank has a better handle, shot, and is quicker?
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,741

Post#288 » by Fat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 am

fatalogic wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:
fatalogic wrote:I guess AD, CP3, Jimmy Butler, etc must not be that good either.

Their star players you have to game plan for every night you can’t put middleton in the convo with any of these guys what has middleton done that it makes any kind of sense for the knicks who already struggle with cap space to use up a max on him? We just drafted Knox and this years draft is wing heavy. Knicks will still be chucking shots and he’ll be part of the circus nothing changes. The Knicks are in dire need of a point guard if anything

That's a very different argument than whose been to the finals.

I say how many times have the bucks been to finals because middleton has been a buck for awhile now if he”s as good as what’s being spilled in the thread and he’s playing next to one of the best players in the league in giannis why haven’t they touched even the ECF and how is kp/middleton any better?
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,065

Post#289 » by Jeffrey » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:20 am

FatboyRealPetty wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:
Their star players you have to game plan for every night you can’t put middleton in the convo with any of these guys what has middleton done that it makes any kind of sense for the knicks who already struggle with cap space to use up a max on him? We just drafted Knox and this years draft is wing heavy. Knicks will still be chucking shots and he’ll be part of the circus nothing changes. The Knicks are in dire need of a point guard if anything

I say how many times have the bucks been to finals because middleton has been a buck for awhile now if he”s as good as what’s being spilled in the thread and he’s playing next to one of the best players in the league in giannis why haven’t they touched even the ECF and how is kp/middleton any better?

Just curious... who is your guy next to KP?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,389

Post#290 » by robillionaire » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:20 am

FatboyRealPetty wrote:
fatalogic wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:

they barely even made it to the playoffs
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,257

Post#291 » by DOT » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:22 am

Jonathan starks wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:

So you’re disputing what I just said? Frank has a better handle, shot, and is quicker?
I'm not talking about Frank, I'm talking about burke in his 2nd year. I don't see anything in him at all, I don't know why you can't accept that he sucks

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#292 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:24 am

K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:
K-DOT wrote:It's almost like he's still one of the youngest players in the league or something

Y'all ain't got no patience. Kid led the team in assists tonight, despite you saying he isn't a distributor (and had several passes out of the PnR for misses, but that happens to everyone)

Also, he's an awful finisher but shot 62% at the rim last year? How does that work, exactly?

And stop the freaking presses, he's in the 4th game of his 2nd year and is shooting bad percentages? Well clearly nobody has ever done that before and come out good, it's not like there's this thing called "development"

But it don't matter what I say. Y'all just wanna see PGs that don't play defense, dribble all fancy, and are ball hogs, so no matter what Frank does, he'll always be a bust to y'all

Donovan Mitchell is currently shooting 34% from the field.

Young dudes have ups and downs
Their favorite player Trey Burke shot 33% overall and 11% from 3 the first 4 games his 2nd year

And he was 2 years older than Frank is now

Hell, Burke was only shooting 41% coming into tonight
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#293 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:26 am

K-DOT wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:Franks is not a PG, and if he were he would be the worst PG in the league.

He doesn't have the guts to take risks and make plays for himself or others. He's not a distributor, he's a just conservative passer by default. He's also very unathletic by NBA standards for a guard, he has no burst, he's an awful finisher and a dreadful shooter. Seriously, it's his second season and he had a .348 FG% and .413 TS% before tonight's game, and he shot even worse than his season averages against the Bucks. I hate to break it to you but Frank is not an NBA talent. He's a good defender overall but he got burnt a couple of times tonight too. The notion that he had a "pretty good game" is absurd to me, he was simply awful. Talk about low expectations.

It's almost like he's still one of the youngest players in the league or something

Y'all ain't got no patience. Kid led the team in assists tonight, despite you saying he isn't a distributor (and had several passes out of the PnR for misses, but that happens to everyone)

Also, he's an awful finisher but shot 62% at the rim last year? How does that work, exactly?

And stop the freaking presses, he's in the 4th game of his 2nd year and is shooting bad percentages? Well clearly nobody has ever done that before and come out good, it's not like there's this thing called "development"

But it don't matter what I say. Y'all just wanna see PGs that don't play defense, dribble all fancy, and are ball hogs, so no matter what Frank does, he'll always be a bust to y'all

Not sure why you feel the need to categorize me with "Y'all" as if I were responsible for anyone else's opinion, put words in my mouth and revert to straw man arguments by implying that I like "ball hogs" who "dribble all fancy". I don't think that's a very constructive way to argue.

The fact that he's a young player doesn't change my evaluation. Some players never improve, and I don't think Frank will. He has barely shown any signs of improvement since the start of his rookie season. It has nothing to do with patience, I simply don't believe in him, and that's coming from someone who roots for European players. I don't mind that you think he will inevitably progress because he's young, that's your opinion, but let's not pretend it's a more rational approach with regards to a player whose offensive efficiency so far is statistically getting from bad (awful actually) to worse. Since you sarcastically said "nobody has ever done that before and come out good", it would be interesting for me to know which players in recent history actually went from a .364 FG% and .437% TS% in their rookie season and 348 FG% and .413 TS% or worse 4 games into their sophomore season to becoming productive and efficient players in the NBA.

If your numbers are true about finishing at the rim, then I stand corrected. I stand by everything else I said.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,065

Post#294 » by Jeffrey » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:26 am

Burke definitely has Iverson's FG% down pat
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,036

Post#295 » by stuporman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:26 am

Khris' name begins with a K, he's a perfect fit.

I enjoyed seeing Frank, Dot and Trier out there together for a bit, it was pretty effective.

Even though I wish it didn't go down this way but I can understand why they are being cautious about Mitch's ankle. Especially coming back against a big and bouncy team like the Bucks with his inexperience he'd try to jump into orbit with them and maybe overextend himself again.

Trey and Timmy are just an obstacle to becoming a winning team.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Fat
RealGM

Post#296 » by Fat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:29 am

Jeffrey wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:
fatalogic wrote:That's a very different argument than whose been to the finals.

From this years free agency? Ideally Kevin Durant but the posssibility of that happening is extremely low.

Irving would be good here but it seems like he is focused on Boston

I’m not sure who you can grab out of this free agency that will turn it around for the knicks if your can’t get a real game changer you spend your money wisely imo
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#297 » by Jonathan starks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:29 am

seren wrote:My guess is either LFT or Burke is hitting the bench. I don't see why Frank would sit. He has been rock solid on D and ball actually moved on offense.

Anytime anyone presses frank he gives the ball up immediately. How ppl think he can play the point is beyond my comprehension.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer

Post#298 » by Jonathan starks » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:30 am

GONYK wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:Donovan Mitchell is currently shooting 34% from the field.

Their favorite player Trey Burke shot 33% overall and 11% from 3 the first 4 games his 2nd year

Hell, Burke was only shooting 41% coming into tonight

What’s frank shooting?
Fat
RealGM

Post#299 » by Fat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:32 am

Jeffrey wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:
fatalogic wrote:That's a very different argument than whose been to the finals.

From this years free agency? Ideally Kevin Durant but the posssibility of that happening is extremely low.

Irving would be good here but it seems like he is focused on Boston

I’m not sure who you can grab out of this free agency that will turn it around for the knicks if you can’t get a real game changer you spend your money wisely imo
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#300 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:34 am

K-DOT wrote:
GONYK wrote:
K-DOT wrote:It's almost like he's still one of the youngest players in the league or something

Donovan Mitchell is currently shooting 34% from the field.

Who are "they"? Again, this is a straw man argument, since I never said I like Trey Burke. Ironically, I really dislike him as a player.

Also, Donovan Mitchell's struggles this season can reasonably be attributed to small sample size as he actually had an excellent rookie season and his TS% as a rookie was just a hair below league average at .541. There's a reasonable chance his start to the season is an anomaly. With Frank, it's just more of the same.

Return to New York Knicks