ImageImageImageImageImage

Proposed Lineup Change

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,706

Re: Proposed Lineup Change 

Post#101 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:47 am

cgf wrote:I'd be curious to see what happened if we split Kanter & THJ up as well as splitting up Tommy & Trey

Frank | Trey
Tommy | Zo
Dotson | Lee
Wario | Lance
Vonleh | Enes

With Mitch playing next to Enes if he's healthy, and Lee going back to street clothes.

I like that. I think pairing Kanter with either Vonleh or Mitch is a must. Kanter is adequate when KP is next to him. Not when LFT is next to him.

But I think I'd like to see a backcourt of Frank and Zo starting. I mean, WTF? Right? :lol: I know it'll never happen, of course.
Free Palestine
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,563

Post#102 » by cgmw » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:22 am

cgf wrote:I'd be curious to see what happened if we split Kanter & THJ up as well as splitting up Tommy & Trey

Frank | Trey
Tommy | Zo
Dotson | Lee
Wario | Lance
Vonleh | Enes

With Mitch playing next to Enes if he's healthy, and Lee going back to street clothes.

Pretty sure you just hit on the one lineup variation that Fiz won't try this year. Better or worse, we're looking at Tommy/Kanter starting every game.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#103 » by BasicBall » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:02 am

Sit Lance & Burke! start Frank, Dot, Vonleh, Timmy & Enes
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,369

Post#104 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:03 am

Ray Williams wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:For all my THJr bashing, he's the guy capable of go to scoring. At least until Trier matures.

LFT and Frank were in the starting lineup to provide some semblance of defense, as THJr, Burke and Kanter aren't providing much.
Plus, neither demand the ball.

That means that Fiz knows he set up the offense to run around those 3 players.

It'll be interesting to see what he makes the tweak for. More shooting? More defense (not likely)? More rebounding?

For once I’d like to see us set up the defense first and let the offense work itself out. Enough of having to cover for someone’s defensive deficiencies, throw 5 guys out that that all play defense, of st least not suck at it.

I'm all for defense, but someone has to score. The KNicks don't have 5 two way players on the roster. Not sure they have 1.
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#105 » by TBri1974 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:25 pm

A couple of things to consider:

1: Right now we are raising THJ's trade value, that is a good thing. Not starting him also screws wit his ego, which is a bad thing. I keep THJ in the starting lineup, but work on better shot selection and maybe a shorter leash.

2: Team is trying on defense, but we don't yet have the right personnel. Players who are good on defense: Ntilikina (maybe Vonleh?). Players who are reasonable on defense: Vonleh, Robinson (assume he will be moved to good eventually), Lance, Lee, Baker Players who try hard on defense: Pretty much everyone else

I like:
Kanter/Vonleh/Robinson
Vonleh/Lance/Hezonja
(Knox)/Hezonja/Ntilikina (Hezonja starting until Knox returns)
THJ/Dodson/Trier
Ntilikina/Burke/Trier

Let guys run their butts off and sub regularly. THJ, Knox, Hezonja and Burke on a short leash if they start putting up crappy shots or lose interest in defending.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#106 » by Handledatruth » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:58 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Handledatruth wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Because that's not what I see when I watch the games, and it's why I use stats in arguments cause people see things differently, so this argument is essentially pointless

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I might have to set a counter for every time he brings the ball up the court without getting past the 3 point line with the ball. I don't think the results would be shocking.
Do it, and get a counter for all the times the other guards do it

I think it'll be closer than you think

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

I might actually do this tonight since I can't seem to find any advanced "penetration" metric. Not to prove a point, but because I'm actually curious. If I pull it off I'll post results.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,182

Post#107 » by Capn'O » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Play Mitch (or I will bitch!)
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,322

Post#108 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Capn'O wrote:Play Mitch (or I will bitch!)

Found this for you on the internets

Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#109 » by AllanHoustonFan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:23 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:Hot Take: I think Dotson could end up being a starter in the NBA with his 3/D skill set and the fact he rarely turns the ball over and seems to know his role very well and operates inside it. Coaches love guys with his skill set and hardnosed mentality. Plus, he really rebounds the ball too from the SG spot. I'd bet teams start to call and ask bout him. If I was a betting man, he may end up being the sweetener in getting out of Lee/Hardaway's deal. Especially if he continues to perform.

that ain’t no hot take. i been saying I would’ve rather developed him over signing Tim since last year summer. now watch us trade Dotson and he blows up on a new team smh

Yeah, but our feelings on him were in the minority. Many here questioned whether he was an NBA player. Even up until a few days ago. Dudes wanted him off the roster after his Summer League performance. And the poster maseinyourface thinks he is a scrub.

But yeah, teams will definitely start calling about him. He has a mature game, he plays a mistake free brand of ball, he plays d, and he knocks down open shots.

I was one of those posters that were up and down with him, especially after Summer League. You got to admit, dude looked like he belonged in Germany with those bricks he was throwing up. But to his credit he continued to put in the work all summer and is proving to many people that he does belong in the league. It also helps that he now has a defined role on this team and knows where to pick his spots. I predict he will end up being our best 3 point shooter this season.
#MKGA
GnarlsOakley
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#110 » by GnarlsOakley » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:12 am

1st Unit:

PG Frank Ntilikina
SG Damyean Dotson
SF Kevin Knox
PF Noah Vonleh
C Mitchell Robinson

2nd Unit:

PG Allonzo Trier
SG Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF Mario Hezonja
PF Lance Thomas
C Enes Kanter

Who's left?
Ron Baker, Trey Burke, Lee, Mudiay, Hicks, Kornet
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,322

Post#111 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:37 am

Let's accentuate the positives.

Here's Dot's highlights from the last game

ImageImageImage
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#112 » by Adelheid » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:18 am

Frank
Tommy
LT
Vonleh
Enes

Burke/Trier
Dotson
Mario
Hicks
Meetch
TBri1974
Pro Prospect
And1: 385

Post#113 » by TBri1974 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Adelheid wrote:Frank
Tommy
LT
Vonleh
Enes

Burke/Trier
Dotson
Mario
Hicks
Meetch

I like this, although not sure I'd give Hicks any real burn. If Lee comes back healthy, he may be our best starter at 2G (which would also increase his trade value).
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#114 » by Adelheid » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:29 pm

TBri1974 wrote:
Adelheid wrote:Frank
Tommy
LT
Vonleh
Enes

Burke/Trier
Dotson
Mario
Hicks
Meetch

I like this, although not sure I'd give Hicks any real burn. If Lee comes back healthy, he may be our best starter at 2G (which would also increase his trade value).

Knicks are short on wings so I put Hicks in there. Should have been for Knox but he is out.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#115 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Some very unrealistic chit in here.
Accept this: Tim and Enes are starting.

And I highly doubt Vonleh starts next to Kanter under any circumstance.

This is gonna be very interesting.

Return to New York Knicks