ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks @ Heat - No Homecoming Party for Fiz

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Re: PG: Knicks @ Heat - No Homecoming Party for Fiz 

Post#301 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:19 pm

god shammgod wrote:the lakers have their own tommy in caldwell pope who scammed the lakers into a big deal because he has lebron's best friend as his agent. he's currently being outplayed badly by josh hart. they won't take tommy.

Not even close. Its a one year deal. Dude is basically gone. Tim is locked in for years. I could easily deal with Timmy if he was on KCP contract right now. I would not care if he shot 35 times a night. Even Mills knows now that timmy not worth contract he gave him.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,550

Post#302 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Berman with more hyperbole. Dotson's rise is not sudden or shocking. He is playing well. Some rough moments. I like him a lot. He reminds me of a less PG version of Rozier. Live body and pretty smart, takes good shots and has range, really good motor and all over the court.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,155

Post#303 » by Tron Carter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Berman with more hyperbole. Dotson's rise is not sudden or shocking. He is playing well. Some rough moments. I like him a lot. He reminds me of a less PG version of Rozier. Live body and pretty smart, takes good shots and has range, really good motor and all over the court.

dotson really is our josh hart like sham was alluding to
R.I.P Black Mamba
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,349

Post#304 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Kemba seems like the obvious guy they will bring in for next year with Eric Bledsoe a darkhorse candidate. We have been rumored to Bledsoe a few times in the past.

I wouldn't rule out Kanter coming back either.

That would be sad. I like Kemba some but he's still in the same bucket as Tom. He is not good enough.

Kanter is one of the phoniest numbers guys ever. David Lee was better.

Yeah, I wouldnt like it but seems inevitable that we spend unwisley. The backcourt will probably be the focus and i can see those guys as most likely to leave.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,111

Post#305 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:25 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the lakers have their own tommy in caldwell pope who scammed the lakers into a big deal because he has lebron's best friend as his agent. he's currently being outplayed badly by josh hart. they won't take tommy.

Not even close. Its a one year deal. Dude is basically gone. Tim is locked in for years. I could easily deal with Timmy if he was on KCP contract right now. I would not care if he shot 35 times a night. Even Mills knows now that timmy not worth contract he gave him.

i know that, i'm just saying it's the same kind of player. they don't need tommy. i was responding to kg saying that lebron might want him.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,155

Post#306 » by Tron Carter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:26 pm

The best bet at this point is removing Trey Burke from point guard, switching Frank Ntilikina to that spot and inserting rising Damyean Dotson into small forward.

“I want to set a defensive tone so I want to put together more defensive groups,” Fizdale said, adding the team knew the lineup was going to be “a revolving door.”

Burke was 1-of-10 in Miami and admitted he “played like crap.” Burke indicated Fizdale was on him more about defense.

but but trey iverson is the best mid range shooter in the league..
R.I.P Black Mamba
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Post#307 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:28 pm

didn't realize the thought was playing dotson at the 3.

ummm... yes, please.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#308 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:29 pm

the truth is that trey and trier is just roster duplication. they both are similar enough that you don't need both. and you obviously keep the younger taller one. they should be looking at teams that need a point and trade trey.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#309 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

i know that, i'm just saying it's the same kind of player. they don't need tommy. i was responding to kg saying that lebron might want him.

Well but what about the off-season if they can't do better. Plus since Bron is aging, they can overpay for only 2 years instead of 4.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#310 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:31 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Well but what about the off-season if they can't do better. Plus since Bron is aging, they can overpay for only 2 years instead of 4.

they can just bring back kcp on another inflated 1 year deal.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,504

Post#311 » by j4remi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:oh, man. DEF gotta do remi recaps on word. when i was a blogger i NEVER wrote in the site editor.

that said, i've lost big posts here and the back button has almost always worked. it remembers what you put in. not sure how often it saves, but i've been spared by it.

Yeah, I usually plug in my thoughts, hit save draft and open it in the morning to edit and clean up but that's def not wise. The other board I toss 'em on autosaves everything too, so if the page crashes and you go back you'll only have lost a few sentences. But I might as well start stashing Microsoft Word Docs.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,698

Post#312 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:didn't realize the thought was playing dotson at the 3.

ummm... yes, please.

dotson vs KD though....yikes good luck with your first start kid.

I know they list dotson at 6'6 but he doesn't look that big at all.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,698

Post#313 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:34 pm

god shammgod wrote:the truth is that trey and trier is just roster duplication. they both are similar enough that you don't need both. and you obviously keep the younger taller one. they should be looking at teams that need a point and trade trey.

agreed they obviously can't both play off the bench together. But that also isn't an excuse to start either one of them either. They bench scorers.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,012

Post#314 » by Fury » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Hezonja should start at SF

and Dotson at SG
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#315 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:36 pm

god shammgod wrote:the truth is that trey and trier is just roster duplication. they both are similar enough that you don't need both. and you obviously keep the younger taller one. they should be looking at teams that need a point and trade trey.

Trey, Lee, Tom and/or Kanter for anything that doesn't affect cap room. Easier said than done and I'm sure they're not giving up on the season yet either.

Still sort of caught in the same cycle. It'd be nice as a fan to just be able to watch Frank and Knox and others in peace, but at some point you do need bodies and minutes eaten up. Troy Williams, Thanasis, Shved still around?

We could just sign G League guys as we are able to move these guys or send them home. Trey might be someone that they still want to see about keeping, and Tom might be untradable. But bringing back Kanter would be a big mistake and Lee is obviously not in the plan.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,071

Post#316 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
that would be tough to take. kanter's cap hold is too big not to renounce. you couldn't do anything BUT keep him. unless he's gonna agree to a discount for 5 years (i.e.: 5/$80m starting at $15m or so). then if you renounce mudiay and cut lance you are at like $76m in salary even with keeping kanter. that's still max money left if the cap is to be $109m. and you haven't traded timmy, lance, or cut burke.

shoot. you've got room to pay kanter what he's making now or more for 5 and still have a max slot. not saying it's ideal. i'm just saying this dude could indeed be staying.

My friend, I think your numbers are off. There is no way to pay Kanter that much and still have anything close to a MAX slot unless we trade Lee and Tommy for basically nothing.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york_knicks/

i did leave out one thing... possible top 5 pick cap hold. for sake of this i'll set it at #1 overall. (yeah, right. lol.) help me out if i'm still off.

$56m starting point

i added KP's cap hold +$10m
added burke cap hold +2m
added mitch salary +$2m
added trier expected salary +$2m
added kanter discounted salary +$15m
add top 5 pick cap hold +$8m?

$95m

renounce mudiay -$6m
waive lance -$6.5m
renounce everyone else

$82.5m out of $109m cap

$26.5m in cap space.

i forgot the lottery pick salary before. but you're still close. close enough to try to move lee or tim for another deal that frees up a few more Ms. not ideal, but i'm saying if this holds up, them getting cute and keeping kanter is a possibility.

A few things:

- KP's cap hold is $17M, not $10M

- HoopsHype already renounced all FA's

- If we had that much space, we'd be in line for almost 2 MAX contracts

This is a more complete breakdown

Factor in around $5-8M for a lotto pick caphold, and the Knicks are sitting ~$32M in space if we renounce everyone, cut Lance and dont trade Lee. We barely have 1 MAX slot as it is with nobody coming back.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#317 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

they can just bring back kcp on another inflated 1 year deal.

True.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,504

Post#318 » by j4remi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:46 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
1. in trey's defense, his midrange pull-up is probably usually the best option when the roll man is covered. i suppose he could keep his dribble and try to reset or create something else, but...

2. tommy is an azzhole. kind of known for it. his nickname among teammates is "angry grandpa." not defending it, because i think it's schidtty. but i bet they all know that's just tommy.

3. kanter might be the worst p/r defender i've ever seen. and you very aptly put why. zero flexibility. when he makes one decision versus the other, it's over. and the offense knows it. get kanter to commit one way and you've got a good look on the other option.

4. frank's great on p/r, but still too rigid. i think we all want him to loosen up some more. don't be afraid to fail. turnovers are going to happen. he has the skills and vision to pick defenses apart. but he has to make them uncomfortable in order to create those opportunities.

5. dotson looking hella legit this season. no idea how he starts over tommy tho.

7. wario has been his problem his whole career, including in europe. his talents are evident. kid has no clue how to put it together. so many guys like that.

8. vonleh is totally a tweener. i still like him more as an undersized 5 than an oversized 4.

9. free mitch.

10. awwwww. but baker's minutes are in jeopardy once the other guards come back.

1. That's what I'm thinking, reset or look to dribble through and try to find the open man. If you run a pick and roll and see three guys rotating inside, pulling up isn't a bad look but there's a better one with patience.

3. I'm trying to think of someone worse and going blank. But it's been over a season of this now so maybe I'm just forgetting worse guys...doubt it though.

5. I'd start them together with Frank at the 1.

8. I'm not gonna lie...I've toyed with the idea of how he pairs with KP in my head.

Those stood out to me for sure.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,976

Post#319 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:47 pm

GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:My friend, I think your numbers are off. There is no way to pay Kanter that much and still have anything close to a MAX slot unless we trade Lee and Tommy for basically nothing.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york_knicks/

i did leave out one thing... possible top 5 pick cap hold. for sake of this i'll set it at #1 overall. (yeah, right. lol.) help me out if i'm still off.

$56m starting point

i added KP's cap hold +$10m
added burke cap hold +2m
added mitch salary +$2m
added trier expected salary +$2m
added kanter discounted salary +$15m
add top 5 pick cap hold +$8m?

$95m

renounce mudiay -$6m
waive lance -$6.5m
renounce everyone else

$82.5m out of $109m cap

$26.5m in cap space.

i forgot the lottery pick salary before. but you're still close. close enough to try to move lee or tim for another deal that frees up a few more Ms. not ideal, but i'm saying if this holds up, them getting cute and keeping kanter is a possibility.

A few things:

- KP's cap hold is $17M, not $10M

- HoopsHype already renounced all FA's

- If we had that much space, we'd be in line for almost 2 MAX contracts

This is a more complete breakdown

Factor in around $5-8M for a lotto pick caphold, and the Knicks are sitting ~$32M in space if we renounce everyone, cut Lance and dont trade Lee

i added the $10m to KP's $7m+ already on the books to make the ~$17m. and i was just re-emphasizing the need to renounce everyone.

so, with everyone renounced why is the cap hold situation so high? that shows 7 players on the roster. so 5 slots remaning. each cap hold is like $4m+? and i was thinking trier is going to get retained on a deal similar to mitch's, so that would eat a cap hold.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,748

Post#320 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:50 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Wally in post game:

"Well, Fizdale says he wants more defense in the starting lineup, but you already have Frank and Lance. What you really need is more offense, cause Miami scored 45 in the 3rd and you need to keep up with them"

Ugh. Just Fuqqing ugh.

Same as when he said THJ was putting up all star numbers.

Also, even though Mario made a few shots, his effect on the offense at forward is comparable to Trey's at the 1. They both ruin the offense and don't shoot well enough or play D hard enough to be a net positive for the team.

Wally's brain could fit inside a walnut shell

I saw that on the post game. Then I changed the channel
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks