ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks @ Heat - No Homecoming Party for Fiz

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,281

Re: PG: Knicks @ Heat - No Homecoming Party for Fiz 

Post#321 » by RHODEY » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:57 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:didn't realize the thought was playing dotson at the 3.

ummm... yes, please.

dotson vs KD though....yikes good luck with your first start kid.

I know they list dotson at 6'6 but he doesn't look that big at all.

Yeah he looks 6'4" ish to me.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#322 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:58 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
https://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york_knicks/

i did leave out one thing... possible top 5 pick cap hold. for sake of this i'll set it at #1 overall. (yeah, right. lol.) help me out if i'm still off.

$56m starting point

i added KP's cap hold +$10m
added burke cap hold +2m
added mitch salary +$2m
added trier expected salary +$2m
added kanter discounted salary +$15m
add top 5 pick cap hold +$8m?

$95m

renounce mudiay -$6m
waive lance -$6.5m
renounce everyone else

$82.5m out of $109m cap

$26.5m in cap space.

i forgot the lottery pick salary before. but you're still close. close enough to try to move lee or tim for another deal that frees up a few more Ms. not ideal, but i'm saying if this holds up, them getting cute and keeping kanter is a possibility.

A few things:

- KP's cap hold is $17M, not $10M

- HoopsHype already renounced all FA's

- If we had that much space, we'd be in line for almost 2 MAX contracts

This is a more complete breakdown

Factor in around $5-8M for a lotto pick caphold, and the Knicks are sitting ~$32M in space if we renounce everyone, cut Lance and dont trade Lee

i added the $10m to KP's $7m+ already on the books to make the ~$17m. and i was just re-emphasizing the need to renounce everyone.

so, with everyone renounced why is the cap hold situation so high? that shows 7 players on the roster. so 5 slots remaning. each cap hold is like $4m+? and i was thinking trier is going to get retained on a deal similar to mitch's, so that would eat a cap hold.

I believe available exceptions also carry a cap hold
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#323 » by whocares1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:04 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
The best bet at this point is removing Trey Burke from point guard, switching Frank Ntilikina to that spot and inserting rising Damyean Dotson into small forward.

“I want to set a defensive tone so I want to put together more defensive groups,” Fizdale said, adding the team knew the lineup was going to be “a revolving door.”

Burke was 1-of-10 in Miami and admitted he “played like crap.” Burke indicated Fizdale was on him more about defense.

but but trey iverson is the best mid range shooter in the league..

but but Fiz is a snake oil salesman.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#324 » by Tron Carter » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:10 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
The best bet at this point is removing Trey Burke from point guard, switching Frank Ntilikina to that spot and inserting rising Damyean Dotson into small forward.

“I want to set a defensive tone so I want to put together more defensive groups,” Fizdale said, adding the team knew the lineup was going to be “a revolving door.”

Burke was 1-of-10 in Miami and admitted he “played like crap.” Burke indicated Fizdale was on him more about defense.

but but trey iverson is the best mid range shooter in the league..

but but Fiz is a snake oil salesman.

i'm sorry is burke still starting? we get it, according to you the front office and coaching staff is infallible and all their decisions should come without reproach. fact still remains it's all "snake oil" and speculation until changes are actually made to the lineup.
R.I.P Black Mamba
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,372

Post#325 » by god shammgod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:26 pm

even starting frank or dot at the 3 is against what he said because he was adamant that he wasn't gonna start lee/timmy because they were too small. whether that's snake oil (you really started something with that cap'o lol) or him just changing his mind a lot, i don't know.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,348

Post#326 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:37 pm

I did a search for best net ratings for 5 man lineups with over 30 mins.

Our starters are at -6.2

I see that number getting worse over time
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#327 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:44 pm

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#328 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:45 pm

Just kidding. I like Fiz. Playing the kids. Has them playing defense most of the time.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#329 » by whocares1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:52 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Just kidding. I like Fiz. Playing the kids. Has them playing defense most of the time.

Tim didn’t even chuck yesterday. He also benched Burke when his offense was affecting his effort on defense. Fiz is holding his players accountable, but god forbid he does it his way and not the way we decide here.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#330 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:53 pm

I don’t mind Fiz talking. I don’t think he is trying to fool people. He is mostly sending positive messages or motivation to the team. They are at least playing hard. I’d rather Fiz talking then Jeff or Phil.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,544

Post#331 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:54 pm

god shammgod wrote:even starting frank or dot at the 3 is against what he said because he was adamant that he wasn't gonna start lee/timmy because they were too small. whether that's snake oil (you really started something with that cap'o lol) or him just changing his mind a lot, i don't know.

I mostly meant it as a one-off sort of thing too. Meanwhile, Mitch or Bitch seems pretty stagnant and that's the one I'm actively pushing. Go figure.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#332 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:56 pm

When Fiz was describing he wanted a big SF. he was basically describing Knox. He obviously wants Knox to eventually be the starting SF.
Mavs
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#333 » by cuyankees » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:59 pm

GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
GONYK wrote:
We would have to trade Kanter for the exact amount back in expiring contracts, otherwise there is no point. His expiring is the foundation of our capspace.

In short, there is a higher likelihood of cutting him than trading him.

If either Kanter or Burke are back, and we haven't traded Lee, then we wiffed super hard in FA.

that would be tough to take. kanter's cap hold is too big not to renounce. you couldn't do anything BUT keep him. unless he's gonna agree to a discount for 5 years (i.e.: 5/$80m starting at $15m or so). then if you renounce mudiay and cut lance you are at like $76m in salary even with keeping kanter. that's still max money left if the cap is to be $109m. and you haven't traded timmy, lance, or cut burke.

shoot. you've got room to pay kanter what he's making now or more for 5 and still have a max slot. not saying it's ideal. i'm just saying this dude could indeed be staying.

My friend, I think your numbers are off. There is no way to pay Kanter that much and still have anything close to a MAX slot unless we trade Lee and Tommy for basically nothing.

Think this was discussed during my KP max ext tirade. You or knickstape laid it out that we must renounce everyone to get a max slot and trade Lee to get that max slot especially for a KD.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#334 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:01 pm

cuyankees wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
that would be tough to take. kanter's cap hold is too big not to renounce. you couldn't do anything BUT keep him. unless he's gonna agree to a discount for 5 years (i.e.: 5/$80m starting at $15m or so). then if you renounce mudiay and cut lance you are at like $76m in salary even with keeping kanter. that's still max money left if the cap is to be $109m. and you haven't traded timmy, lance, or cut burke.

shoot. you've got room to pay kanter what he's making now or more for 5 and still have a max slot. not saying it's ideal. i'm just saying this dude could indeed be staying.

My friend, I think your numbers are off. There is no way to pay Kanter that much and still have anything close to a MAX slot unless we trade Lee and Tommy for basically nothing.

Think this was discussed during my KP max ext tirade. You or knickstape laid it out that we must renounce everyone to get a max slot and trade Lee to get that max slot especially for a KD.

Correct.

As it stands, we're a little short of a KD level MAX.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#335 » by cuyankees » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
GONYK wrote:My friend, I think your numbers are off. There is no way to pay Kanter that much and still have anything close to a MAX slot unless we trade Lee and Tommy for basically nothing.

Correct.

Unsure of how timing works, but imagine Pills will engage FAs, get a committment then renounce or must Pills renounce everyone prior to going to the bargaining table? If that isn’t plausible due to timing/FA rules, trying to find a way to make sense of this reclamation project approach bc all of them including Treyverson, Kanter, LFT are all gone so why develop them.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#336 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:13 pm

cuyankees wrote:
GONYK wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Think this was discussed during my KP max ext tirade. You or knickstape laid it out that we must renounce everyone to get a max slot and trade Lee to get that max slot especially for a KD.

Correct.

Unsure of how timing works, but imagine Pills will engage FAs, get a committment then renounce or must Pills renounce everyone prior to going to the bargaining table? If that isn’t plausible due to timing/FA rules, trying to find a way to make sense of this reclamation project approach bc all of them including Treyverson, Kanter, LFT are all gone so why develop them.

that would be tampering
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,544

Post#337 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:When Fiz was describing he wanted a big SF. he was basically describing Knox. He obviously wants Knox to eventually be the starting SF.

That's how I took it. Basically hyping Knox and preparing us for future targets.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#338 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:When Fiz was describing he wanted a big SF. he was basically describing Knox. He obviously wants Knox to eventually be the starting SF.

yeah. dot's shot at a permanent SL slot lies with tommy.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#339 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:16 pm

cuyankees wrote:
GONYK wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Think this was discussed during my KP max ext tirade. You or knickstape laid it out that we must renounce everyone to get a max slot and trade Lee to get that max slot especially for a KD.

Correct.

They can renounce Kanter and Trey at any time after July 1. So can do that after getting a committment.

I am not sure about Lance since he has an unguaranteed deal...there is usually a deadline in the contract...could be July 1, Aug 1 or whenever
Mavs
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#340 » by fatalogic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 pm

Renouncing everyone is the clean way to get KD. If KD and even another star wanted to come here the Knicks could make it happen but it wouldn’t be pretty, picks and players would be involved.

Return to New York Knicks