ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks @ Heat - No Homecoming Party for Fiz

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,794

Re: PG: Knicks @ Heat - No Homecoming Party for Fiz 

Post#341 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:35 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:When Fiz was describing he wanted a big SF. he was basically describing Knox. He obviously wants Knox to eventually be the starting SF.

Pretty much.

Also, Merry have stated they wanted the team to get taller and more athletic.

And that doesn't mean there isn't a place for Burke sized players. Just in general, they wanted the team taller and more athletic. I'd hope being able to shoot as well - they seem to be addressing that too, with Burke/Dotson/Mario/Knox being capable shooters.

There's also the ideal of what they want the team to be and the reality of the players they have now and how to put lineups together.

I mean, starting with the Suns under D'Antoni, seeing the Warriors, but a lot of teams in general are trying to throw taller, more multi skilled players out there. It's sort of the continuing evolution of more wide open scoring + euro style play (more skilled bigs) mixed to north american style.
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#342 » by WajaBawl » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:37 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:When Fiz was describing he wanted a big SF. he was basically describing Knox. He obviously wants Knox to eventually be the starting SF.

yeah. dot's shot at a permanent SL slot lies with tommy.

I just don't see how management will justify sliding Tommy to the bench unless Dotson drops 20 each game. I'd love for him to oust Chuckaway and have our backcourt be Frank & Dot, but I just don't see it happening. Dot really has no shot at being a starter once Knox figures things out.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#343 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:the lakers have their own tommy in caldwell pope who scammed the lakers into a big deal because he has lebron's best friend as his agent. he's currently being outplayed badly by josh hart. they won't take tommy.

Sounds like somebody wants a Tommy of their own

Here ya go Sham, you get a Tommy too

Spoiler:

Psssst, don't open until Christmas!
ImageImageImage
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#344 » by cuyankees » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:44 pm

fatalogic wrote:Renouncing everyone is the clean way to get KD. If KD and even another star wanted to come here the Knicks could make it happen but it wouldn’t be pretty, picks and players would be involved.

Knicks opporunity @ that scenario was w trading Lee, THJ, & Noah and assets for JB and renouncing JB. KD is a pipe dream, KD & his max buddy is not even worth discussing.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,864

Post#345 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:46 pm

cuyankees wrote:
fatalogic wrote:Renouncing everyone is the clean way to get KD. If KD and even another star wanted to come here the Knicks could make it happen but it wouldn’t be pretty, picks and players would be involved.

Knicks opporunity @ that scenario was w trading Lee, THJ, & Noah and assets for JB and renouncing JB. KD is a pipe dream, KD & his max buddy is not even worth discussing.

So what, picks and players are okay. That’s what the Heat did.
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#346 » by cuyankees » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
GONYK wrote:Correct.

As it stands, we're a little short of a KD level MAX.

Unsure of how timing works, but imagine Pills will engage FAs, get a committment then renounce or must Pills renounce everyone prior to going to the bargaining table? If that isn’t plausible due to timing/FA rules, trying to find a way to make sense of this reclamation project approach bc all of them including Treyverson, Kanter, LFT are all gone so why develop them.

They can renounce Kanter and Trey at any time after July 1. So can do that after getting a committment.

I am not sure about Lance since he has an unguaranteed deal...there is usually a deadline in the contract...could be July 1, Aug 1 or whenever

So there’s a method to this reclamation project/development approach bc they can bring back those guys wout renouncing them after striking out in FA.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,864

Post#347 » by KnicksGod » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:48 pm

WajaBawl wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

yeah. dot's shot at a permanent SL slot lies with tommy.

I just don't see how management will justify sliding Tommy to the bench unless Dotson drops 20 each game. I'd love for him to oust Chuckaway and have our backcourt be Frank & Dot, but I just don't see it happening. Dot really has no shot at being a starter once Knox figures things out.

Frank
Dot
Knox
Vonleh
KP
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#348 » by cuyankees » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:49 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
cuyankees wrote:

So what, picks and players are okay. That’s what the Heat did.

Just the opportunity presented itself to clear all the bad contracts, whether Thibs would take it another story and as we already know, he wasn’t accepting much of **** for JB.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Post#349 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:00 pm

cuyankees wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cuyankees wrote:Unsure of how timing works, but imagine Pills will engage FAs, get a committment then renounce or must Pills renounce everyone prior to going to the bargaining table? If that isn’t plausible due to timing/FA rules, trying to find a way to make sense of this reclamation project approach bc all of them including Treyverson, Kanter, LFT are all gone so why develop them.

They can renounce Kanter and Trey at any time after July 1. So can do that after getting a committment.

I am not sure about Lance since he has an unguaranteed deal...there is usually a deadline in the contract...could be July 1, Aug 1 or whenever

So there’s a method to this reclamation project/development approach bc they can bring back those guys wout renouncing them after striking out in FA.

They could. Kanter should be renounced right away since his cap hold is $28mil. We would never sign him for anything close to that so it doesn't really help. We can always sign him with cap space (although I would just let him walk unless its for real cheap).
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Futureisnow
Head Coach
And1: 1,271

Post#350 » by Futureisnow » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm

Listening to Evan of Joe and Evan talk Knicks is painful. His analysis of the Knicks after the loss to Miami is that “they’re just not good.” Amazing. Our best player is out, our top draft pick is out, rest of the team is young players and reclamation projects and were not good? Shocking.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#351 » by Jeffrey » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

They could. Kanter should be renounced right away since his cap hold is $28mil. We would never sign him for anything close to that so it doesn't really help. We can always sign him with cap space (although I would just let him walk unless its for real cheap).

I don't see why they shouldn't resign Kanter 10-12 million a year.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#352 » by AllanHoustonFan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Futureisnow wrote:Listening to Evan of Joe and Evan talk Knicks is painful. His analysis of the Knicks after the loss to Miami is that “they’re just not good.” Amazing. Our best player is out, our top draft pick is out, rest of the team is young players and reclamation projects and were not good? Shocking.

What do you expect from a bitter Net fan?
#MKGA
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#353 » by nedleeds » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 pm

BKlutch wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:Tim Hardaway is better served playing for a contender. What team would give up anything of value for him?

No team. We'd have to attach picks unless it was for and equally wretched contract.

If Timmy made $4M / year and was a streak shooter off the bench, a few teams might have a place for him. With his contract and (ahem) talent, I can't see how we get rid of him without attaching something of value, or taking back equally bad.

Just look at other shooting guards around the league. It sinks in how horrifically overpaid he is. I think the formula for moving Tommy is

a) Team has a need at SG
b) Maybe because of an injury at SG or because the player is just cooked and a SG
c) Wants to "compete"
d) Has a horrible contract to match but is maybe like 1 year shorter

If all those things are true perhaps we can get away with a little filler to get the team to eat Tommies last year. Like a 2nd round pick or two. We have a couple in the coffers from the Charlotte fleecing of Billy.

My targets would be Chandler Parsons, JR Smith + Filler, Bazemore (but the Hawks would want picks + a prospect to eat an additional year of ****), Waiters would shave $6 million off if we could find expiring matching on the Heat roster, we could then work to dump Waiters (a game called pass the turd).

... oh by the way SMFM gave Tommy a **** trade bonus. What a **** clown. He is one of the most clueless executives this league has ever seen.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#354 » by nedleeds » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cuyankees wrote:So there’s a method to this reclamation project/development approach bc they can bring back those guys wout renouncing them after striking out in FA.

Because he's one of the worst 5 defensive players who actually play minutes in the entire league? That's a start. He won't get the more than the mini mid level or veteran minimum. If we waived him right now, name 1 team who would pick him up?
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#355 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:52 pm

There is one good thing to talk about. That is, odds are Trey Burke will be removed at starting point guard and Frank Ntilikina will actually get a chance to play at his natural position, guard. Mostly due to the fact, Trey Burke is a selfish prick whose only agenda is personal stats and not defense, ball movement, or setting up his teammates.

Again, any D-league hobo can put up 18pts and 5 dimes but that means NOTHING if everyone else is left standing there in a 20 pt loss.

That reduces the problems to just Kanter and Count Chuckaway Jr.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,182

Post#356 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:00 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cuyankees wrote:So there’s a method to this reclamation project/development approach bc they can bring back those guys wout renouncing them after striking out in FA.

You may be forgetting Kanter's off-season teasing game where he was tweeting "O Juliet, will I opt in or opt out?"

It was a game played by a guy who knew all along the odds were he'd opt in, because there was no market for his services at anything close to this years salary. If someone had offered him 4 years at 12M he would have been all over it, but there is no market demand for players like Kanter

I don't expect him back, but if he is it will be at the going rate and no more. This is one thing I believe Perry will understand fully.

But Kanter is not getting $10M from anyone
ImageImageImage
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,794

Post#357 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:06 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:There is one good thing to talk about. That is, odds are Trey Burke will be removed at starting point guard and Frank Ntilikina will actually get a chance to play at his natural position, guard. Mostly due to the fact, Trey Burke is a selfish prick whose only agenda is personal stats and not defense, ball movement, or setting up his teammates.

Again, any D-league hobo can put up 18pts and 5 dimes but that means NOTHING if everyone else is left standing there in a 20 pt loss.

That reduces the problems to just Kanter and Count Chuckaway Jr.

Or, you could go with Count Chuckula:

cuyankees
Veteran

Post#358 » by cuyankees » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:08 pm

nedleeds wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
nedleeds wrote:No team. We'd have to attach picks unless it was for and equally wretched contract.

If Timmy made $4M / year and was a streak shooter off the bench, a few teams might have a place for him. With his contract and (ahem) talent, I can't see how we get rid of him without attaching something of value, or taking back equally bad.

Just look at other shooting guards around the league. It sinks in how horrifically overpaid he is. I think the formula for moving Tommy is

a) Team has a need at SG
b) Maybe because of an injury at SG or because the player is just cooked and a SG
c) Wants to "compete"

If all those things are true perhaps we can get away with a little filler to get the team to eat Tommies last year. Like a 2nd round pick or two. We have a couple in the coffers from the Charlotte fleecing of Billy.

My targets would be Chandler Parsons, JR Smith + Filler, Bazemore (but the Hawks would want picks + a prospect to eat an additional year of ****), Waiters would shave $6 million off if we could find expiring matching on the Heat roster, we could then work to dump Waiters (a game called pass the turd).

... oh by the way SMFM gave Tommy a **** trade bonus. What a **** clown. He is one of the most clueless executives this league has ever seen.

Great analysis and echoed by some here including myself, but of course THJ is a Knick therefore you get backlash from fanatics. Best hope is that he continues chucking, makes the ASG and Pills can rip off some GM. That scenario seems very unlikely

Everyone looks around for trades for Lee & THJ and there aren't any that make sense for the receiving team unless Knicks attach assets. If the story is true that they won't attach a 2nd rder to dump Lee, the idea of THJ getting dealt for anything less than a protected 1st or 2 solid 2nds is even more implausible.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#359 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 pm

Tron Carter wrote:berman stop stealing my obvious takes

Read on Twitter

Burke was 1-of-10 in Miami and admitted he “played like crap.” Burke indicated Fizdale was on him more about defense.

“Like Coach said, I can’t judge my game off if I’m just scoring,” Burke said. “The way I’m turning guys, the way I’m bringing energy on the defensive end, those areas as well he wants me to improve.”

This lineup did not start once in preseason, and Burke said it could be too soon to break up the starting five.

“It’s going to take time,” Burke said. “Everything takes time. You can’t just throw a group of guys and everyone’s on the same page. Nothing in this world works that way.”

why are the most delusional players are the ones with no talent?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#360 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:13 pm

nedleeds wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
nedleeds wrote:No team. We'd have to attach picks unless it was for and equally wretched contract.

a) Team has a need at SG
c) Wants to "compete"

Lol Timmy is better than pretty much everyone below him on that list (with a few exceptions) and better than a few people above him as well.

You guys are idiots

Return to New York Knicks