ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Pacers PG: Tommy is dead/Long live Timmy

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Re: Knicks - Pacers PG: Tommy is dead/Long live Timmy 

Post#441 » by Jonathan starks » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:01 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:Yeah not seeing it for Frank , he is like the PG version of Mba Moute . Career backup at best , no disrespect

Good comparison, but I wouldn’t classify Frank as a pg.

you two should go **** each other

I wouldn’t want to make you jealous :wink:
ARTjoMS
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#442 » by ARTjoMS » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:02 pm

Shooting efficiency is obviously at a very good level, but man ... from 8 AST vs Nets down to 1 AST, 5 TOs and worst +/- of -14.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#443 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:03 pm

spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,810

Post#444 » by spree2kawhi » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:04 pm

PorzinGAWD wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trade THJ for JR Smith while we still have the chance!

They would need to send their first round pick too..... Cause Timmy is playing tht good :)

Trade him to Portland for Seth. He can be their Nick Young. Here he's just a lesser version of Ricky Davis.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,863

Post#445 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:05 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:Yeah not seeing it for Frank , he is like the PG version of Mba Moute . Career backup at best , no disrespect

Good comparison, but I wouldn’t classify Frank as a pg.

you two should go **** each other

I would classify that as an appropriate use of a motel room
ImageImageImage
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#446 » by awy » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:07 pm

timmy's shot selection has really improved, the biggest improvement he has made so far.

his one problem is finishing in traffic when he's not getting all the way to the rim but it shows that he's trying to force it with drives.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#447 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:11 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:Fizdale is starting to piss me off with the inconsistent minutes for his starters. You can't start Robinson and then play him backup minutes, and also not having him in there at the end of games. He does this with Knox, but in reverse. If he believes he's not ready to truly start, then guess what, DON'T START HIM. You're giving the kid false hope by doing this.

Yeah. I too, irritated noticed that as well. Coach Fizzles gets his priorities mixed up. He wants to develop guys but also thinks the Knicks can hopefully stay within striking distance when KP comes back. The Knicks Front Office will won't recognize that this team is at least 2 seasons away from contention. I don't like losing. NO ONE likes it. But let's be FAIR. The kids NEED to play. That's the ONLY way they'll get better. When Knox comes back, we gotta go through these growing pains. EVERY game without these kids playing serious minutes SETS the Knicks BACK.

Steve Mills' plan? Cut every corner to put this presentation so Durant will SAVE us. Uh-huh.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#448 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:19 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Tims hate is getting ridiculous.

Getting? The Tim hate has been ridiculous for quite a while.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#449 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:25 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
EchelonNYK wrote:Fizdale is starting to piss me off with the inconsistent minutes for his starters. You can't start Robinson and then play him backup minutes, and also not having him in there at the end of games. He does this with Knox, but in reverse. If he believes he's not ready to truly start, then guess what, DON'T START HIM. You're giving the kid false hope by doing this.

Yeah. I too, irritated noticed that as well. Coach Fizzles gets his priorities mixed up. He wants to develop guys but also thinks the Knicks can hopefully stay within striking distance when KP comes back. The Knicks Front Office will won't recognize that this team is at least 2 seasons away from contention. I don't like losing. NO ONE likes it. But let's be FAIR. The kids NEED to play. That's the ONLY way they'll get better. When Knox comes back, we gotta go through these growing pains. EVERY game without these kids playing serious minutes SETS the Knicks BACK.

Steve Mills' plan? Cut every corner to put this presentation so Durant will SAVE us. Uh-huh.

Which kid isn't playing?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#450 » by cuyankees » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:25 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
cuyankees wrote:
drekwins wrote:
Truth is, there is no focal point on this team right now. There are no good options. However, you don't want Burke to take away opportunites from the guys that matter. Second, you don't want to reinforce THJrs bad habits. So, perhaps you would rather have Dotson, Frank, Knox, etc. try to step up because it will allow them to become better long term. If they begin to develop any semblance of a 1 on 1 game, the team will see dividends down the road. You have to think long-term. THJr is not a 1st 2nd or 3rd option on any good team. He is who is and that's not going to change. It would be better to focus on the development of other palyers and to give them opportunities to grow... even that means embracing some struggles.

Thank you for essentially responding for me.

Short term vs Long term and THJ are the former and that's cool bc THJ gets an ASG bid maybe, draft pick is worse from wins and Knicks are competitive in a lost season but long term it's absolutely terrible for development, a better pick, and culture.
The problem with your argument is that it is flawed in several ways.

Tim isn't an expiring so he's here long term unless a trade opens up.

His play hasn't hurt the pick.

Showing Fiz can make a young vet even better is great for the culture. Good vets create winning teams and winning cultures. Not a bunch of newbies playing for their real contrscts.

Forcong players into ill suited roles ruins young players and kills their value in a league based pn imagining potential over valuing results. That first contract makes you spend on potential but you've got to be more careful with them.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

That's a great argument if this team didn't have over 50% of it's roster playing for a new contract and THJ projected to become the 5th option on this team in about a year. You're living in the now and some of us are looking to the future bc now is "fun".
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,863

Post#451 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:27 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Tims hate is getting ridiculous.

Getting? The Tim hate has been ridiculous for quite a while.

Almost the whole board is clearly bending over backwards to be gracious and acknowledge his improvement as a player so how about catching up to the present guys?
ImageImageImage
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#452 » by whocares1 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:28 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:

Which kid isn't playing?

They want Fiz to play them 48 minutes. They won’t be content. I just want to fast forward this year so that they’ll stop.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#453 » by Dr. Detfink » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:30 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:

Which kid isn't playing?

Huh? You know, we're talking about STARTER minutes right? I bolded the stem in case you missed it.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#454 » by whocares1 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
j4remi wrote:Visualize This: This hit me while watching Noah Vonleh in the first half last night. The offense tends to start plays with the ball handler heading for a wing and then swinging the ball to Vonleh who can hand it off or keep swinging it and set a screen. This means Noah's getting a lot of touches and a ton of action even off the ball. The big man has been really good here, making use of every option he has from passing to attacking off the dribble to even some shots last night. Now think about who that role is actually designed for with this franchise...KP is going to EAT in that role. I'm telling you, go through the Vonleh highlights or watch the first half again and just picture KP in that role. I can already picture it and while it feels far away, that means that the players around KP will be even more comfortable executing around him. I think this will be the foundation...and also I already want to re-sign Vonleh.

Great points all around but really good point there

It’s pointless to play Vonleh because he needs to be renounced to get the cap space for a full max. So Mitch should be playing 48 minutes.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,776

Post#455 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:50 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:

Which kid isn't playing?

Huh? You know, we're talking about STARTER minutes right? I bolded the stem in case you missed it.

Mitch hasn't played organized basketball at a high level and Fiz has already given him the chance to start. He's not the only young big we're looking at either. Vonleh has a chance of sticking with this team too and will get minutes. If he doesn't have it one night like last night he won't get as many minutes.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#456 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:51 pm

whocares1 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
j4remi wrote:Visualize This: This hit me while watching Noah Vonleh in the first half last night. The offense tends to start plays with the ball handler heading for a wing and then swinging the ball to Vonleh who can hand it off or keep swinging it and set a screen. This means Noah's getting a lot of touches and a ton of action even off the ball. The big man has been really good here, making use of every option he has from passing to attacking off the dribble to even some shots last night. Now think about who that role is actually designed for with this franchise...KP is going to EAT in that role. I'm telling you, go through the Vonleh highlights or watch the first half again and just picture KP in that role. I can already picture it and while it feels far away, that means that the players around KP will be even more comfortable executing around him. I think this will be the foundation...and also I already want to re-sign Vonleh.

Great points all around but really good point there

It’s pointless to play Vonleh because he needs to be renounced to get the cap space for a full max. So Mitch should be playing 48 minutes.

Nah. I'm sure green font, but Mitch isn't ready for more than 20 mpg, max.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#457 » by awy » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:52 pm

mitch minutes is fine he seems to need more confidence to play better tho. it'll probably get better with more seasoning.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#458 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:54 pm

No disrespect, but Lonzo Ball looks like he could start his own cottage cheese line with all the pus coming off his face. But no disrespect. :D

I'd assume it would be expensive, 20 dollar a lb, artisanal cottage cheese.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#459 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:58 pm

ARTjoMS wrote:Shooting efficiency is obviously at a very good level, but man ... from 8 AST vs Nets down to 1 AST, 5 TOs and worst +/- of -14.

He's averaging 7.4 potential APG including the games where he exclusively played off ball (aside from the fact that being a PG goes beyond just APG). He's looked good at PG from running the gameplan, to getting everyone involved and not pounding the ball excessively, getting to HIS spots, and getting the ball to his teammates' spots at the right time. The ball moves way more when he's at PG.

No disrespect, but that's horse ****.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#460 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 1, 2018 10:58 pm

ARTjoMS wrote:Shooting efficiency is obviously at a very good level, but man ... from 8 AST vs Nets down to 1 AST, 5 TOs and worst +/- of -14.

Knicks still getting ball movement down in the offense, so there isn't always a ton of assists period. This game, Frank had 7, THJr had 1, the other game, THJr had 8, Frank had 2.

Anyway, also Indiana plays real defense. One of the few teams doing so. Nate McMillan as coach and all that.

Return to New York Knicks