ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks - Pacers PG: Tommy is dead/Long live Timmy

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,878

Re: Knicks - Pacers PG: Tommy is dead/Long live Timmy 

Post#501 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:46 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:Imagine basing your argument that a player is actually bad because he takes and makes too many 3s lol

He can have good games like the last one where he hits most of his threes and he can have bad games where he misses most of them.

So taking your POV and merging it with the past criticisms, imagine how efficient he would be with those threes if he were consistently as good with his shot selection as the recent games. That's what we should all want. That means the past criticisms about his shot selection were perfectly valid and almost everyone who made that criticism are encouraged by his recent play. How do you not recognize that? So how about we knock it off with this petty us vs. them stuff already? We don't hate Timmy. If he plays like this everyone will be his fan.
I mean wasnt even talking about Timmy in particular per se.

I just think it's a nonsensical argument to make about a player that his true shooting percentage is high "only because he makes a ton of 3s".... Well duh that's how it works lol. Obviously I'm not advocating for Timmy to take 30 threes every game or anything like that but the idea that him actually making a bunch of 3s is somehow bad for our team.... well you can guess how I feel about that lol.

Since Frank was made PG, the first unit's ball movement has really taken a big step forwards and that includes Timmy. They've all been looking for each other, making the extra pass and finding the open man. Naturally, it benefits Tim highly to be on the floor with higher IQ players who play team ball. Without that lineup Tim will regress a bit again. He clearly was not as good starting with Burke. So, regarding your points, the overall three point game will improve with this kind of unselfish ball movement on offense. Now Frank needs to start taking and making more threes (and twos), though his three % was already very good prior to the last game.
ImageImageImage
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#502 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Nov 2, 2018 2:51 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
He can have good games like the last one where he hits most of his threes and he can have bad games where he misses most of them.

So taking your POV and merging it with the past criticisms, imagine how efficient he would be with those threes if he were consistently as good with his shot selection as the recent games. That's what we should all want. That means the past criticisms about his shot selection were perfectly valid and almost everyone who made that criticism are encouraged by his recent play. How do you not recognize that? So how about we knock it off with this petty us vs. them stuff already? We don't hate Timmy. If he plays like this everyone will be his fan.
I mean wasnt even talking about Timmy in particular per se.

I just think it's a nonsensical argument to make about a player that his true shooting percentage is high "only because he makes a ton of 3s".... Well duh that's how it works lol. Obviously I'm not advocating for Timmy to take 30 threes every game or anything like that but the idea that him actually making a bunch of 3s is somehow bad for our team.... well you can guess how I feel about that lol.

Since Frank was made PG, the first unit's ball movement has really taken a big step forwards and that includes Timmy. They've all been looking for each other, making the extra pass and finding the open man. Naturally, it benefits Tim highly to be on the floor with higher IQ players who play team ball. Without that lineup Tim will regress a bit again. He clearly was not as good starting with Burke. So, regarding your points, the overall three point game will improve with this kind of unselfish ball movement on offense. Now Frank needs to start taking and making more threes (and twos), though his three % was already very good prior to the last game.

Yeah I definitely agree. I think they've both helped each other adjust their games. Frank is a good organizer of an offense and makes good quick passes unlike Burke who tends to lollygag with the ball a little bit, but also Timmy being hyper-efficient has helped boost Frank as well because he has a reliable option to pass to and defer to. Hopefully this offseason we can get one more playmaker to complement those 2 and KP going forward.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,762

Post#503 » by cgf » Fri Nov 2, 2018 4:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:So far, of the "second draft" guys, Vonleh is far and away the one to keep. Mudiay, Mario, and Burke are not looking like keepers.

Now, how to get the $$$ for him + a max. Moves are needed.

Vonleh's obviously outplaying him, but I'm actually pretty pleased with Mario. He has had less Wario-games than I expected in the early stages of this season. If he can improve his consistency over the course of the year, I think I'd role the dice on him over Vonleh if we could only keep one...but if Mario doesn't show enough progress & Vonleh keeps this up all season, then that's a different story.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,805

Post#504 » by Spree2Houston » Fri Nov 2, 2018 5:04 pm

All these keyboard warriors going at a kid who actually wants to earn his contract and has been putting in the work since coming back here. Unlike prior signings who stopped caring after getting paid, he actually has been working hard on his game and has come back better and better each year. Yeah so what if he's slightly overpaid, he's balling right now and REPPING the Orange and Blue with pride. Give me that guy

Some of you guys need to loosen up and realize it's just a game and it's only ENTERTAINMENT. Grown men hating on a kid behind keyboards make ya'll look WEAK AF when ya'll would be the same cats to run him to up on the street for his autograph.

Keep doing ya thing Timmy.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#505 » by BKlutch » Fri Nov 2, 2018 9:20 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:Imagine basing your argument that a player is actually bad because he takes and makes too many 3s lol

Why do you think he didn't do this before? He had Horny telling him what to do ("Smile nicely at my wife as you oggle her.") and TH Senior telling him what to do ("Be a good boy Timmy and sign a big contract. We never got paid like this when I played.") and he didn't play better. Now, suddenly, his shot selection is improved. Why would that be? Maybe it's what Fiz tells him ("Keep your damm hands off my wife and stop being a chucker you fuqqer!")

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,878

Post#506 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Nov 2, 2018 9:24 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Why do you think he didn't do this before? He had Horny telling him what to do ("Smile nicely at my wife as you oggle her.") and TH Senior telling him what to do ("Be a good boy Timmy and sign a big contract. We never got paid like this when I played.") and he didn't play better. Now, suddenly, his shot selection is improved. Why would that be? Maybe it's what Fiz tells him ("Keep your damm hands off my wife and stop being a chucker you fuqqer!")

It must be the shoes
ImageImageImage
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,264
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#507 » by BKlutch » Sat Nov 3, 2018 12:22 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

It must be the shoes

Of course!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Return to New York Knicks