ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: I thought Frank and DSJ was cool tho?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Re: PG: I thought Frank and DSJ was cool tho? 

Post#681 » by nedleeds » Sun Nov 4, 2018 3:41 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

But Kanter is a better player then Meetch (not defensively of course) is right now. Meetch is playing because he's our future and Fiz has said many times that this season is about developing our young guys and he knows that Kanter won't be here after this year and Meetch will so Meetch will get the playing time.

Kanter isn't any better than Meetch right now. Kanter was one of the 10 worst starters in the league. He is essentially 1.8 points every time he's involved in guarding a play. Meetch with no hands, wearing oven mittens is better Kantguard.

My bad, i didn't realize you have reading problems cause you clearly missed where i very clearly said that he wasn't better then Meetch on the defensive side. Maybe try reading slower?

"But Kanter is a better player then Meetch" ... Kanter is worse defensively and offensively. He's terrible on offense, he's a turnover waiting to happen when he goes into his glacial post game, he is a wretched roll man and a poor finisher out of the pick and roll. He's a passable offensive rebounder but not much better than Robinson.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#682 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Nov 4, 2018 3:47 pm

Jesus do we always have to trash our guys lol. Kanter is an excellent offensive player. He’s just trash on D. No need to bring him down on the side he excelles at to big up Mitch. Kanter will have his uses against certain teams and so will Mitch. But Mitch is the future
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#683 » by awy » Sun Nov 4, 2018 3:50 pm

kanter is trash and it isn't even about mitch.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#684 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Nov 4, 2018 3:55 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:
Mitch is already better than Kanter, not even close.

I was talking about in the real world not the world of Kanter haters and Meetch lovers. I'm a Meetch fan as well and am excited about his future with the Knicks but i'm also a realist and as of right now Kanter is the better player at everything but the defensive side of the ball. #truth

Lol, leaving out defense is like saying someone is an excellent driver except for the steering. Can’t leave defense out, unless you enjoy losing.

OK
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,534

Post#685 » by Fat Kat » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:00 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:Jesus do we always have to trash our guys lol. Kanter is an excellent offensive player. He’s just trash on D. No need to bring him down on the side he excelles at to big up Mitch. Kanter will have giant uses against certain teams and so will Mitch. But Mitch is the future

That the routine. Some folks gotta tear someone down to build up another player.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#686 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:02 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Kanter had a good game against Dallas but it felt like a fluke because they’re so weak. If someone is mobile or athletic, Kanter who I guess can’t jump really gets worked. He is offensively capable but don’t have a lot of faith in that either. He turns it over a lot. He’s not a good player.

When has a big man that consistently gets double doubles and is an absolute beast around the basket with scoring and rebounding, defensive and offensive rebounding become a bad thing? I don't think it has or ever will. You can't say a player is a bad basketball player just because they're bad at defense and he is bad at defense which isn't breaking news. Kanter is without a doubt a great offensive player and one of the best rebounders in the NBA and just because we all hate that he's bad on defense doesn't mean you can say he's a bad basketball player unless you're just not using common sense. I don't like him as a starter but as a first big off the bench player i think he'd be the best bench big man in the league.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#687 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:04 pm

Kanter is being fazed out of the rotation little by little it seems. He doesn't really have a real role especially in the effort of development.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#688 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:08 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Kanter is being fazed out of the rotation little by little it seems. He doesn't really have a real role especially in the effort of development.

Not because he isn't a good player though. Fiz has made it very very clear that this year is about developing our young guys that are our future and we all know that Kanter isn't gonna be here after this year because there's no way for us to be able to afford him and still get a max player in here or even any near max players so he's playing Meetch and the other young guys that are a part of our future and i'm fine with it. It's just for anyone that can actually say Kanter isn't good is not only funny but ignorant.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#689 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:16 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Kanter is being fazed out of the rotation little by little it seems. He doesn't really have a real role especially in the effort of development.

Not because he isn't a good player though. Fiz has made it very very clear that this year is about developing our young guys that are our future and we all know that Kanter isn't gonna be here after this year because there's no way for us to be able to afford him and still get a max player in here or even any near max players so he's playing Meetch and the other young guys that are a part of our future and i'm fine with it. It's just for anyone that can actually say Kanter isn't good is not only funny but ignorant.

I don't think Kanter is as bad as how some portray him, but he really isn't good either. If he was he'd be a player teams would want, on our squad he wouldn't be coming off the bench.

Mitch essentially took his spot and it isn't just because we're developing. Mitch game helps the team actually win as long as he can stay on the court.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#690 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Nov 4, 2018 4:27 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I don't think Kanter is as bad as how some portray him, but he really isn't good either. If he was he'd be a player teams would want, on our squad he wouldn't be coming off the bench.

Mitch essentially took his spot and it isn't just because we're developing. Mitch game helps the team actually win as long as he can stay on the court.

I love Meetch but Fiz wanting to develop the young guys absolutely has something to do with him starting lately over Kanter, i agree it's not everything cause Meetch is playing well and picking things up very quick for a kid that hasn't played much organized basketball is his life and of course a lot of it has to do with Meetch's defense which as we know is something Kanter just can't do. I think my biggest reason that i'm even having this debate with the others is because they don't think Kanter is a good basketball player which is ridiculous. By the way, how do we know that no other team doesn't want Kanter? When was he a free agent and how would any of us know if there has been any trade talk with other teams about him and if there was then how would any of us know what was talked about on those calls?
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#691 » by fatalogic » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:36 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I love Meetch but Fiz wanting to develop the young guys absolutely has something to do with him starting lately over Kanter, i agree it's not everything cause Meetch is playing well and picking things up very quick for a kid that hasn't played much organized basketball is his life and of course a lot of it has to do with Meetch's defense which as we know is something Kanter just can't do. I think my biggest reason that i'm even having this debate with the others is because they don't think Kanter is a good basketball player which is ridiculous. By the way, how do we know that no other team doesn't want Kanter? When was he a free agent and how would any of us know if there has been any trade talk with other teams about him and if there was then how would any of us know what was talked about on those calls?

Unless he starts hitting 3s someone consistently his market is just going to be limited. There probably is some team that would want him but I doubt they want him at his current salary. Big plodding centers who can’t defense or shoot are pretty useless in the league right now. There is a reason guys like Len and Brook Lopez have starting stepping out and draining 3s.

The only thing Kanter is good at is post scoring and as we’ve seen he is only good at it against certain bigs. His rebounding looks good on paper but the way he generates those rebounds is arguably detrimental to the team. So Kanter isn’t necessarily a bad player he is just a player the league doesn’t value anymore.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,269

Post#692 » by Knicks Byke » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:50 pm

all i know is, Mitch’s IQ is up there. ive seen dude deflect the ball, block, run down the court get an offensive rebound and dunk...multiple times throughout the game.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#693 » by malik959 » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:56 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Kanter had a good game against Dallas but it felt like a fluke because they’re so weak. If someone is mobile or athletic, Kanter who I guess can’t jump really gets worked. He is offensively capable but don’t have a lot of faith in that either. He turns it over a lot. He’s not a good player.

When has a big man that consistently gets double doubles and is an absolute beast around the basket with scoring and rebounding, defensive and offensive rebounding become a bad thing? I don't think it has or ever will. You can't say a player is a bad basketball player just because they're bad at defense and he is bad at defense which isn't breaking news. Kanter is without a doubt a great offensive player and one of the best rebounders in the NBA and just because we all hate that he's bad on defense doesn't mean you can say he's a bad basketball player unless you're just not using common sense. I don't like him as a starter but as a first big off the bench player i think he'd be the best bench big man in the league.

Amare says hey, a big man should never be bad on defense. Defensive bigs are a must in this league and a team can not be successful without it.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#694 » by newyorker4ever » Sun Nov 4, 2018 5:56 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:all i know is, Mitch’s IQ is up there. ive seen dude deflect the ball, block, run down the court get an offensive rebound and dunk...multiple times throughout the game.

He did all that multiple times in the same game? That's weird that i missed that when i haven't missed any games...lol.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,269

Post#695 » by Knicks Byke » Sun Nov 4, 2018 6:00 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Knicks Byke wrote:all i know is, Mitch’s IQ is up there. ive seen dude deflect the ball, block, run down the court get an offensive rebound and dunk...multiple times throughout the game.

He did all that multiple times in the same game? That's weird that i missed that when i haven't missed any games...lol.

yea in one sequence :lol:

or maybe that happened in 2k.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,519

Post#696 » by NYKnickerbocker » Sun Nov 4, 2018 6:03 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

yea in one sequence

or maybe that happened in 2k.
def not 2k. They got kanter with more speed and lateral quickness than Mitch :banghead:
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#697 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Nov 4, 2018 6:34 pm

Milk wrote:

Trier is flat out killing it with his chance at the nba

good for him and us

i hope we can lock him up cheap or retain him with his cap hold next summer and then sign him
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#698 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Nov 4, 2018 6:38 pm

N Y K wrote:
Read on Twitter

dear lord

2 of the top 3 TS% players so far

ones a dunker and ones an ISO scorer

thats crazy

also crazy was the other in the top 3 is the number 1 overall and ours are #36 and undrafted

good damn job Knicks staff!
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,307

Post#699 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Nov 4, 2018 8:59 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Milk wrote:

Trier is flat out killing it with his chance at the nba

good for him and us

i hope we can lock him up cheap or retain him with his cap hold next summer and then sign him

What's really wild about this is he wouldn't even have to improve much to become an All-Star. If he simply kept playing at the level of the last game he'd already be one of the best SG's in the NBA. He's looking unguardable and will soon start drawing double teams. If he can hit open men out of double team coverage he's going to be an incredible threat.

We may not need a max cat. Trier might actually be the answer. He's the alpha scorer and clutch shooter we needed all along.

And this really could liberate Perry to shop for high value, lower cost players to create a very high quality bench and essentially complete the rebuild ahead of schedule.

KP
Frank
Trier
Knox
Mitchell

That's a potent starting five as long as Knox comes through for us.
ImageImageImage
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,475

Post#700 » by RHODEY » Sun Nov 4, 2018 9:08 pm

awy wrote:kanter is trash and it isn't even about mitch.

Says the unbiased gentleman with the Mitch Avatar :)

Return to New York Knicks