ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: I didn't watch, but looks like some of y'all did

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Re: PG Thread: I didn't watch, but looks like some of y'all did 

Post#501 » by Greenie » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:32 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
That wasn't what I was arguing, although I do think the Knicks have varying degrees of two way guys (Dot, Frank at PG, maybe Vonleh/Mitch). What I was arguing was that you don't need to be a star on both ends to be a two way guy - you need to be good on both ends.

Frank?
Nah

Frank sucks on offense

3 games ago he was catching your eye

now he's back to sucking...i mean the sample size is a bit small don't ya think?

I saw him all last year too
Plus this summer
Plus the first games of the season.

Overall. Frank sucks on offense and is not a 2way anything.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#502 » by Greenie » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:33 pm

Trey has had good defensive games...
It really don’t mean **** now does it?
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#503 » by F N 11 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:33 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Mitch already has incredible instincts on defense. Once he learns the game, he's going to be a nightmare. We got incredibly lucky for once.

A strong KP with Mitch and Frank on the floor at the same time is going to produce some epic quarters where teams only score 10 points.

Mitch did fck up in the 4th quarter. Got to keep it real.

Lost his cool but then refs was on some bullchit. I rather see emotion rather than accepting BS because you a rookie.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#504 » by F N 11 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:35 pm

Somebody said Frank is a two way player? That’s a dubb until he gets better and is consistent. Like I said only 2 way player right now is Kp and possible Dotson. Dotson hasn’t had a big sample size so imma just say KP.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#505 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:35 pm

At the end of the day, the Washington Bullets STILL have a worse record than the Knicks, no cap space and John Wall's contract is more disturbing than Israel Gutierrez's Cardi B costume.

The Bullets are a "Me, me, me..." team. Wall is TERRIBLE on defense, good in transition but just below the upper tier of PGs. He's overrated.

Basically the Knicks ran out there a bunch of kids, some of which can't legally drink. They'll be there. Porzingis alongside Mitchell and Knox is a seriously devastating trio with Frank feeding and providing lockdown defense.

My only worry is the fact, Count Chuckaway Jr is a high volume scorer, he is not efficient. He can't lower his shot attempts to 10-12 and be productive.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,449

Post#506 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:42 pm

K P 6 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:Mitch already has incredible instincts on defense. Once he learns the game, he's going to be a nightmare. We got incredibly lucky for once.

A strong KP with Mitch and Frank on the floor at the same time is going to produce some epic quarters where teams only score 10 points.

Lost his cool but then refs was on some bullchit. I rather see emotion rather than accepting BS because you a rookie.

It wasn't just the technical. It was a close game in the 4th until Fizdale replaced Kanter with Mitch. After the sub, the Wiz ran off with the game.
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#507 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:42 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:At the end of the day, the Washington Bullets STILL have a worse record than the Knicks, no cap space and John Wall's contract is more disturbing than Israel Gutierrez's Cardi B costume.

The Bullets are a "Me, me, me..." team. Wall is TERRIBLE on defense, good in transition but just below the upper tier of PGs. He's overrated.

Basically the Knicks ran out there a bunch of kids, some of which can't legally drink. They'll be there. Porzingis alongside Mitchell and Knox is a seriously devastating trio with Frank feeding and providing lockdown defense.

My only worry is the fact, Count Chuckaway Jr is a high volume scorer, he is not efficient. He can't lower his shot attempts to 10-12 and be productive.

“Count Chuckaway Jr” is a high volume scorer, but he currently is efficient. 56% TS is above average overall, and well above average for SGs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#508 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:44 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:At the end of the day, the Washington Bullets STILL have a worse record than the Knicks, no cap space and John Wall's contract is more disturbing than Israel Gutierrez's Cardi B costume.

“Count Chuckaway Jr” is a high volume scorer, but he currently is efficient. 56% TS is above average overall, and well above average for SGs.

We need someone picking some of the scoring load until KP comes back. Hopefully that efficiency will tick up even further after KP comes back.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,148

Post#509 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:45 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
you're better than that. you're courtney lee. :lol:

I like to consider myself the Al Harrington of posters. High volume. Questionable results at times. Occasionally brilliance. Mostly maddening. Suspect IQ. Astonishing degree of Self-Awareness.

FFY

:-)
F N 11
RealGM

Post#510 » by F N 11 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:45 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

It was a close game in the 4th until Fizdale replaced Kanter with Mitch. After the sub, the Wiz ran off with the game.

Dude, Kanter is a liability defensively. We lost for many reasons. Including 3 missed big 3s by Frank. Tim not being himself. Pout guards playing shook. Kanter might of scored but he was getting destroyed late in the 4th. The decision was right.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#511 » by Phish Tank » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:46 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

sometimes you gotta ignore these alternative facts that are spewed every now and then ....
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#512 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:48 pm

K P 6 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Lost his cool but then refs was on some bullchit. I rather see emotion rather than accepting BS because you a rookie.

It was a close game in the 4th until Fizdale replaced Kanter with Mitch. After the sub, the Wiz ran off with the game.

Dude, Kanter is a liability defensively. We lost for many reasons. Including 3 missed big 3s by Frank. Tim not being himself. Pout guards playing shook. Kanter might of scored but he was getting destroyed late in the 4th. The decision was right.

:lol: Okay.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,148

Post#513 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:good. now that we're done discussing the etymology of the term two-way player, we can go back to talking about kanter and the hidden meaning of his punctuation mark only tweets. a lot of important work happening here today.

I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#514 » by 2010 » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:52 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
2010 wrote:I'm jumping in here at the tail end of a ridiculous debate here. But you absolutely DO NOT have to be a star or elite to be a two-way player. All the term means is that you are an effective player on both sides of the ball. In other words, you are a net positive player and will not hurt your team on either end.
You guys stay giving average players props. I guess Steph is a two way player by that definition. And since Kanter ends defensive possessions at an exceptuonal rate he is two way, too?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Steph is actually a good defender, so, yes, he is a two way player. Kanter, on the flip side, is a **** defender...so, no, he is not one.

Also, Knicks rebound the ball better on both ends with Kanter on the bench.

This. Well said...

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,921

Post#515 » by stuporman » Mon Nov 5, 2018 11:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

It wasn't just the technical. It was a close game in the 4th until Fizdale replaced Kanter with Mitch. After the sub, the Wiz ran off with the game.

I know you know the difference between correlation and causation yet you say stuff like this.... :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#516 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 6, 2018 12:03 am

stuporman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Lost his cool but then refs was on some bullchit. I rather see emotion rather than accepting BS because you a rookie.

I know you know the difference between correlation and causation yet you say stuff like this.... :lol:

Yes, indeed I do. :lol: Though a large enough dosage of Kanter-hate poison will also skew one's vision.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,223

Post#517 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Nov 6, 2018 12:04 am

Tron Carter wrote:
god shammgod wrote:this season is simple. play the players who might be here in the future. compete your best with THEM and rack up losses to add a top pick. so if frank has some struggles or mitch or whoever....so be it. you let them work though it. and you know what you have or not going forward. it's not about the present. at all.

so i don't care about combinations that might lead to wins if it includes players with no future here. it's meaningless. trey burke got us some wins at the end of the year last year that took us out of the top 5 and 1 month into this season he's a complete afterthought already. how many times are you fools gonna fall for the okeydoke ?

the answer is every time.

like I’ll keep repeating, the majority of this board ain’t built for this rebuild life. I used to scoff at the notion that NY sports fans are to impatient for a rebuild but a large majority gunienly are.

A large majority have never seen a rebuild. Basically...everyone here. I would be shocked if there were many posters here that watched the Knicks in the early 60's.

Playing only players that have a future here? That's gonna be difficult.

Frank
Timmy/Trier
Dotson/Knox
KP
Mitchell

Those are the only players who are under contract that fall under that category. They have all been playing or injured.

Burke...getting a look
Mud...getting a look
Kanter...huge money
MFLFT...vet presence
Hezonja...getting a look
Vonleh...STARTING...getting a look.
Lee...injured

None of those players are getting too many minutes. They are all playing off the bench...or injured...except Vonleh.

Fiz is playing everyone. I'm not 100% behind all of his decisions but, reality is, we're the youngest team in the league. We have no elite talent. Everyone of our future players are getting minutes.

THIS IS WHAT A REBUILD LOOKS LIKE.
:beer: RIP mags
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,407

Post#518 » by god shammgod » Tue Nov 6, 2018 12:14 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
god shammgod wrote:this season is simple. play the players who might be here in the future. compete your best with THEM and rack up losses to add a top pick. so if frank has some struggles or mitch or whoever....so be it. you let them work though it. and you know what you have or not going forward. it's not about the present. at all.

so i don't care about combinations that might lead to wins if it includes players with no future here. it's meaningless. trey burke got us some wins at the end of the year last year that took us out of the top 5 and 1 month into this season he's a complete afterthought already. how many times are you fools gonna fall for the okeydoke ?

like I’ll keep repeating, the majority of this board ain’t built for this rebuild life. I used to scoff at the notion that NY sports fans are to impatient for a rebuild but a large majority gunienly are.

A large majority have never seen a rebuild. Basically...everyone here. I would be shocked if there were many posters here that watched the Knicks in the early 60's.

Frank
Timmy/Trier
Dotson/Knox
KP
Mitchell

Those are the only players who are under contract that fall under that category. They have all been playing or injured.

Burke...getting a look
Mud...getting a look
Kanter...huge money
MFLFT...vet presence
Hezonja...getting a look
Lee...injured

None of those players are getting too many minutes. They are all playing off the bench...or injured...except Vonleh.

Fiz is playing everyone. I'm not 100% behind all of his decisions but, reality is, we're the youngest team in the league. We have no elite talent. Everyone of our future players are getting minutes.

i think you're missing the point of my post. i wasn't complaining about anybody's minutes. things are being run appropriately now. there are people who feel like frank should be pulled if he struggles or whatever. or that vonleh should sit for kanter. i'm saying why ? let the kids work through their issues and we'll know what we need or not going forward. i was just responding to them. people are trying to figure out ways to win games when that isn't really that important.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#519 » by F N 11 » Tue Nov 6, 2018 12:28 am

No Hardaway and Trier starting. Fire
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,223

Post#520 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Nov 6, 2018 12:29 am

god shammgod wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:

Frank
Timmy/Trier
Dotson/Knox
KP
Mitchell

Burke...getting a look
Mud...getting a look
Kanter...huge money
MFLFT...vet presence
Hezonja...getting a look
Lee...injured

i think you're missing the point of my post. i wasn't complaining about anybody's minutes. things are being run appropriately now. there are people who feel like frank should be pulled if he struggles or whatever. or that vonleh should sit for kanter. i'm saying why ? let the kids work through their issues and we'll know what we need or not going forward. i was just responding to them. people are trying to figure out ways to win games when that isn't really that important.

I wasn't really eplying to you specifically. A lot of posts this year have been about playing people with no future here. It's not true for the most part. We really don't know yet who's here next year. 1 or 2 of the 4 reclamation players may stick. Vonleh or Hezonja. We only have Frank at the point. Baker may stick as bench player. Burke and Mud haven't been getting too many minutes. I hope they are both gone. Kanter has been moved to the bench. Timmy has played fairly well. MFLFT pushed to the bench in limited role.

Now...with tonight's starting 5...the complaints should end. They won't. This is a rebuild with injuries and minimal starting talent. We will lose. There will be many different lineups. They WILL TRY to win. The kids will all get minutes. They have looked good at times even when losing. Perfect season IMO.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks