ImageImageImageImageImage

Article: Why Are the Knicks Struggling to Rack Up Assists — And Does It Matter?

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Article: Why Are the Knicks Struggling to Rack Up Assists — And Does It Matter? 

Post#41 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Nov 9, 2018 2:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:The Knicks won't rack up assists until Knox and KP are regulars...and Count Chuckaway Jr is sent to the bench. Right now, only ONE guy understands the value of the EXTRA pass.

Ok, I lol'd at this.

Pretty funny photoshop opportunity

Well done! Thank you.

That's right kids, this blood sucker will prevent the Knicks from making the playoffs unless Team President Steve Mills and his man servant Scott Perry move him. :nonono:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Re: Article: Why Are the Knicks Struggling to Rack Up Assists — And Does It Matter? 

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:57 pm

In all fairness, Timmy/Tommy/Tammy has been passing the ball pretty well this year.

He'll still have a few maddening plays a game where you go "Gee, that was sort of a low % shot and swinging the ball would have been pretty easy" but he looks to be a more willing passer. Has a few good defensive plays a game too. I thought he was a little lazy closing out on 3's first 3 or 4 games but haven't specifically noticed it, which I'd guess means he isn't doing it anymore.

Knicks who currently stand out as bad perimeter defenders:
Knox
Mario
Mudiay
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#43 » by j4remi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:19 pm

I’d like to see a bit more off ball action incorporated to try and help out our passers. We’re trotting our two bigs a lot and with a wing rotation that includes THJ, Dot and Hezonja it seems like running some extra pin downs to get those guys going early on would be a simple enough addition to get away with. It would also add a bit of unpredictability to the action at the top of the key since teams are starting to press us on the dribble handoffs. By no means is this a solution, but I think it’s a realistic change that would have some benefit to the young guys.

Also, I think this is a good read on the same topic
https://knicksfilmschool.com/2018/11/07/knicks-numbers-part-1/
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,529

Post#44 » by Fat Kat » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:07 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®

Return to New York Knicks