ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: We won, but it was ugly - Remi Mini Keys - Pg 3

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,759

Re: PG Thread: We won, but it was ugly - Remi Mini Keys - Pg 3 

Post#221 » by robillionaire » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:41 pm

developing the Frank and Mitch pick and roll should be a thing going forward assuming we can go through a game where they don't foul out or get pulled for a whiny vet
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,174

Post#222 » by GONYK » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:41 pm

god shammgod wrote:p.s. i'm fine with winning if it's the kids doing it. but if the combo of kanter, mario and tommy, because that's who he had out there to finish the game, are beating an obviously tanking atl team....what good is that for the future ? that's my perspective.

#KutKanter
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,088

Re: PG Thread: We won, but it was ugly 

Post#223 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:41 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
orlando already has wins vs miami/boston/san antonio and a 1 pt loss to phili in the last second.

They are better than us.

while our 4 wins comprise of atlanta twice, brooklyn, and dallas (not exactly murderers row)

perspective.

and yeah. steve clifford should be preparing his club for an expected win.

aaron gordon is going to roast the schidt out of us. :lol: frank can't defend EVERYONE.

correct, the prospective is we aren't going to lose all these games and we haven't been winning any games that would make me say (man we are about to f*ck this sh*t up). If we beat toronto on the road then you can start legitimately worrying about our draft positioning.

Otherwise

@toronto
Orlando (b2b)
@OKC
@New Orleans
@Orlando
Portland
@Boston (b2b)
New Orleans
@Memphis
@Detroit
@Philly (b2b)
Milwaukee
Washington
@Boston

where are the rest of the wins in November? You want to see this team win some games (that they can win) so that the young kids play well. I personally need to see more Mitch then 40 minutes of vonleh. And need to eventually see Knox work his way to 25 minutes a night instead of Mario and Lance. And Timmy also doesn't need to play 40 minutes a night either. Keep him capped at a number.

But it could be early December and we realistically might only have 5-6 wins.

i like the 40 minutes of vonleh because we need to see if we keeping or flipping dude.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#224 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:another "to keep in prospective"

we are tried with the 3rd easiest strength of schedule so far this year and are currently on pace for 27 wins.

So as the SOS rises that projected win number will probably sink. That low to mid 20's is right where we need to be.

bottom 3 is what we need for best chance at ping pong balls. bottom 4 still good chances.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,664

Post#225 » by Gravy » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:44 pm

Out of all rookies Allonzo Trier is 8th in minutes per game at 24, that's more than guys like Bagley, JJackson and Bamba. Trier is also also 6th in rookie scoring. He went from undrafted to being an integral part of the team so quickly. He and Timmy are often the only reliable scoring options and are needed to close out games.

Mitch isn't that bad at 20th in minutes, which is higher than where he was picked. You also have to consider he hasn't played in a year and often looks winded out there with the way he is always chasing down perimeter shooters.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,840

Post#226 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:44 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
perspective.

and yeah. steve clifford should be preparing his club for an expected win.

aaron gordon is going to roast the schidt out of us. :lol: frank can't defend EVERYONE.

correct, the prospective is we aren't going to lose all these games and we haven't been winning any games that would make me say (man we are about to f*ck this sh*t up). If we beat toronto on the road then you can start legitimately worrying about our draft positioning.

Otherwise

@toronto
Orlando (b2b)
@OKC
@New Orleans
@Orlando
Portland
@Boston (b2b)
New Orleans
@Memphis
@Detroit
@Philly (b2b)
Milwaukee
Washington
@Boston

where are the rest of the wins in November? You want to see this team win some games (that they can win) so that the young kids play well. I personally need to see more Mitch then 40 minutes of vonleh. And need to eventually see Knox work his way to 25 minutes a night instead of Mario and Lance. And Timmy also doesn't need to play 40 minutes a night either. Keep him capped at a number.

i like the 40 minutes of vonleh because we need to see if we keeping or flipping dude.

not at the expense of 15 minutes for Mitch.

I think we can absolutely think about keeping vonleh next year as a room exception type guy that we can go over the cap to sign. 2 year 10 million dollar deal or something like that.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,661

Post#227 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:45 pm

robillionaire wrote:developing the Frank and Mitch pick and roll should be a thing going forward assuming we can go through a game where they don't foul out or get pulled for a whiny vet

we should but we don't spread the court enough for him to get lobs. whenever he sets a pick and rolls there's always multiple defenders around him and the pass is impossible. it would seem to be an easy weapon for us but you'd have to call a play then. or have one.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#228 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:46 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Otherwise

@toronto
Orlando (b2b)
@OKC
@New Orleans
@Orlando
Portland
@Boston (b2b)
New Orleans
@Memphis
@Detroit
@Philly (b2b)
Milwaukee
Washington
@Boston

I think we can absolutely think about keeping vonleh next year as a room exception type guy that we can go over the cap to sign. 2 year 10 million dollar deal or something like that.

if he averages close to a double double with other stat stuffers like 3s, steals, blocks... he'll get paid. and i'll wish him the best, because we need him for depth. someone might want to pay him for more than that. and he might want to seize the opportunity to start for someone.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,538

Post#229 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:47 pm

People thought I was crazy when I said to cut Kanter over Noah.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#230 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:48 pm

god shammgod wrote:
robillionaire wrote:developing the Frank and Mitch pick and roll should be a thing going forward assuming we can go through a game where they don't foul out or get pulled for a whiny vet

we should but we don't spread the court enough for him to get lobs. whenever he sets a pick and rolls there's always multiple defenders around him and the pass is impossible. it would seem to be an easy weapon for us but you'd have to call a play then. or have one.

they sag off of frank because the scouting report says, "he won't pull the trigger. pass-only guard." frank needs to make offenses pay with his own scoring some to make that play more effective.

that's in addition to other spacing issues. the primary one is that p/r has to be a predicament for the defense. if they know frank is ALWAYS looking for the roll man...
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#231 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:48 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

if he averages close to a double double with other stat stuffers like 3s, steals, blocks... he'll get paid. and i'll wish him the best, because we need him for depth. someone might want to pay him for more than that. and he might want to seize the opportunity to start for someone.

so it would be wise not to overexpose him. Keep giving him a 20 minutes or to keep his production down if you are worried about someone scooping him up.

Chances are the room exception should be enough for him unless he completely shatters expectations all year.

ROSTER

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#232 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:50 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:People thought I was crazy when I said to cut Kanter over Noah.

that's still crazy. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#233 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:

I think we should start seeing more Mitch with Knox at the 4 to space the floor. Almost all of Mitch's minutes are with Vonleh at the 4 and even though he can hit the occassional outside shot...no one respects that jumper.

I think have some Frank/THjr/Dotson/Knox/Mitch lineups should give a lot more ability to run that high P&R lob play for mitch. Vonleh kinda clogs things.

ROSTER

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#234 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:50 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

so it would be wise not to overexpose him. Keep giving him a 20 minutes or to keep his production down if you are worried about someone scooping him up.

Chances are the room exception should be enough for him unless he completely shatters expectations all year.

that's trife!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#235 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:51 pm

the grizz want a center. they got 20 mill in expiring contracts ? lol
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#236 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:51 pm

how do you justify vonleh not playing legit starter's minutes right now?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,538

Post#237 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:51 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:People thought I was crazy when I said to cut Kanter over Noah.

that's still crazy. :lol:

They probably have a good point then :lol:
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#238 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:the grizz want a center. they got 20 mill in expiring contracts ? lol

they have the expirings to match. but why would we do that. kanter is expiring too. we might as well get something for our trouble.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#239 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:54 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

I think we should start seeing more Mitch with Knox at the 4 to space the floor. Almost all of Mitch's minutes are with Vonleh at the 4 and even though he can hit the occassional outside shot...no one respects that jumper.

I think have some Frank/THjr/Dotson/Knox/Mitch lineups should give a lot more ability to run that high P&R lob play for mitch. Vonleh kinda clogs things.

he's also not standing behind the 3 point line when it happens. besides guys like frank and vonleh not being respected as shooters, you have to set that up properly and it's not. you could replace vonleh with knox and frank with trier and it still would be an impossible pass if people aren't in the right position.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#240 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Nov 8, 2018 3:55 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:p.s. i'm fine with winning if it's the kids doing it. but if the combo of kanter, mario and tommy, because that's who he had out there to finish the game, are beating an obviously tanking atl team....what good is that for the future ? that's my perspective.

#KutKanter

kanter, mario, and tommy aren't young?

there still has to be a rotation of at least 8 players.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks