ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Schedule in November

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,586

Re: Knicks Schedule in November 

Post#21 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 10:13 pm

Read on Twitter

I think both sides are already starting drop subtle hints. It makes zero sense for both parties. The knicks want KP to wait to sign his extension so they can maximize there cap space. KP sure as hell doesn't want to risk anything heath wise before he locks in that 158 million dollar extension.

It was probably a wink wink deal. If you don't sign the extension you can use the season to rehab and we will wait till next year to play to assure you can sign that deal healthy. Otherwise both sides are just risking way too much.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#22 » by whocares1 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 10:18 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think both sides are already starting drop subtle hints. It makes zero sense for both parties. The knicks want KP to wait to sign his extension so they can maximize there cap space. KP sure as hell doesn't want to risk anything heath wise before he locks in that 158 million dollar extension.

It was probably a wink wink deal. If you don't sign the extension you can use the season to rehab and we will wait till next year to play to assure you can sign that deal healthy. Otherwise both sides are just risking way too much.

No I don’t think KP is thinking that way and neither is management. If Scott Perry is “visibly upset” at the Knicks being down in the first half against the Hawks, I don’t think his focus is on the tank.

KP isn’t going to risk his health, but if the doctor clears him, and KP can confidently say he feels healthy, he’s going to play. The money is coming regardless.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#23 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 10:25 pm

whocares1 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

No I don’t think KP is thinking that way and neither is management. If Scott Perry is “visibly upset” at the Knicks being down in the first half against the Hawks, I don’t think his focus is on the tank.

KP isn’t going to risk his health, but if the doctor clears him, and KP can confidently say he feels healthy, he’s going to play. The money is coming regardless.

I will disagree. Did we see this evidence of perry being "visibly upset"

No one said there focus is to tank. But they have also haven't shown urgency to win every game. I think they are just using the same verbiage they used about the lineups. They said they were going to use 5 game increments and it actually seems like he plans on staying with the same young lineup (minus maybe a knox shuffle in). I think right now they can't obviously rule him out for the entire season because it makes no sense to (there is no need to).

But if the knicks are 15-40 (55 games left in the season). Why on earth would either side risk it? financially it makes absolutely no sense for KP. He's getting his money regardless? What if KP blows out his knee again. Are the knicks going to max extend him under the idea he is coming of two major knee injuries?

He would be about 20-25 games away from securing his major payday I see no reason they would risk that. If the situation were different and his contract was settled or he was coming back to propel us to a playoff spot. 100% I would agree here. But our situation is unique where there pretty much is no upside for him playing for either the knicks or himself.

Its not like this would be the first time a team would take extra precaution with there superstar player. In turn it also secures his long term money before the threat of another random injury.

I mean could he come back this year? Probably under different circumstances. should he? I don't think so.

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,269

Post#24 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Nov 8, 2018 10:37 pm

It really doesn't make sense for either side for KP to come back and play much. Maybe he comes back for a few games or something.

But also it's the Knicks so you never know.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#25 » by whocares1 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 10:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

No one said there focus is to tank. But they have also haven't shown urgency to win every game. I think they are just using the same verbiage they used about the lineups. They said they were going to use 5 game increments and it actually seems like he plans on staying with the same young lineup (minus maybe a knox shuffle in). I think right now they can't obviously rule him out for the entire season because it makes no sense to (there is no need to).

But if the knicks are 15-40 (55 games left in the season). Why on earth would either side risk it? financially it makes absolutely no sense for KP. He's getting his money regardless? What if KP blows out his knee again. Are the knicks going to max extend him under the idea he is coming of two major knee injuries?

He would be about 20-25 games away from securing his major payday I see no reason they would risk that. If the situation were different and his contract was settled or he was coming back to propel us to a playoff spot. 100% I would agree here. But our situation is unique where there pretty much is no upside for him playing for either the knicks or himself.

Its not like this would be the first time a team would take extra precaution with there superstar player. In turn it also secures his long term money before the threat of another random injury.

I mean could he come back this year? Probably under different circumstances. should he? I don't think so.

I mean we’re in agreement with the fact that management should think this way, and KP and his team should also think this way, However Ian Begley tweeted it, and he’s as reliable as they come for Knicks news, and for him to tweet it out meant that Scott Perry must have been demonstrative in his displeasure. KP also put on IG that he misses being out there. Doesn’t mean there isn’t an “agreement” but sounds like a guy that really wants to get back on the court. It’s all speculation at this point tho, KP should not be back for the betterment of his future as well as the team’s.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#26 » by Sark » Thu Nov 8, 2018 10:49 pm

Unless Janis died, and we don't know about it, then there is almost zero chance that KP plays this year without a contract. It would be as dumb of a decision as Isaiah Thomas coming back to the playoffs for Boston before getting his contract.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#27 » by BadNewsBarnes » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:25 pm

Only way KP comes back to the team is if the Knicks are in playoff contention around March. I'm not feeling the March part so much.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#28 » by taj2133 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:29 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

ian begley
Read on Twitter
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#29 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:34 pm

taj2133 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

ian begley
Read on Twitter

seems like a bit of a reach no?

"visibly upset" could mean anything. Maybe we was upset Mitchell Robinson played so little of minutes?

Yes that could be a ridiculous assumption. But Begley's assumption on him being "visibly upset" seems like as similar ridiculous assumption.

ROSTER

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,263

Post#30 » by DOT » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:35 pm

I still say KP comes back to play the last like 20 games, with a heavy minute restriction and no b2bs

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#31 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:36 pm

Sark wrote:Unless Janis died, and we don't know about it, then there is almost zero chance that KP plays this year without a contract. It would be as dumb of a decision as Isaiah Thomas coming back to the playoffs for Boston before getting his contract.

pretty much my thought process. Janis basically has done everything to leverage KP's situation. People think KP's crew would risk that max extension before he signs anything.

The deal was probably if you wait to sign the extension you can take the entire year to rehab. That seems like the most plausible agreement between both sides.

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#32 » by mpharris36 » Thu Nov 8, 2018 11:38 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:It really doesn't make sense for either side for KP to come back and play much. Maybe he comes back for a few games or something.

But also it's the Knicks so you never know.

agreed, it doesn't benefit either party at all. Knicks know what they have in KP and will offer him a max extension after the lock up a FA. On KP's side he doesn't put his max deal at risk (we are talking 158 million). That is nothing to f*ck with.

ROSTER

stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,062

Post#33 » by stuporman » Fri Nov 9, 2018 12:41 am

Sauces cans confirm someone was "visibly upset" because they couldn't get a reservation for table service at Scores in the ATL.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#34 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Nov 9, 2018 3:38 am

Scott Perry, Tyler Perry, Perry White...whoever is the Knicks puppet GM, better find a trade for Courtney Lee. Worry about the playoffs later.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,647

Post#35 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Nov 9, 2018 5:27 am

2010 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Apples wrote:I think the two Magic games will be splits. Same for the Pelican ones. The rest are L's.

We can't beat Detroit and Memphis?

Have you seen Memphis this season? They just beat Denver last night.

I saw. By only 2 point. I guess they’re still dangerous with Gasol and Conley healthy. I think Fizdale should start Kanter against Gasol and Mitch against JJJ who is starting at PF. Bring Noah off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks