ImageImageImageImageImage

Lance Thomas undergoes arthroscopic knee surgery; to be re-evaluated in 4 weeks

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Re: Lance Thomas undergoes arthroscopic knee surgery; to be re-evaluated in 4 weeks 

Post#41 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:46 am

Houston would be a perfect team for Lance. Then they could waive Melo. LMAO. ... the final insult!
Free Palestine
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Re: Lance Thomas undergoes arthroscopic knee surgery; to be re-evaluated in 4 weeks 

Post#42 » by waya » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:37 am

File this one under "who gives a sh*t"
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,349

Post#43 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:25 am

robillionaire wrote:gell well soon and hopefully he never plays another game for the knicks again

Damn :D
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#44 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:26 am

Tim Hardaway Jr needs to develop a neck injury for the team like CLee and really pilot that tank!

j/k.
Jonathan starks
Bench Warmer
And1: 815

Post#45 » by Jonathan starks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:51 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Poor lance
It’s hard for him to get any rhythm with these injuries

He’s productive when he’s healthy

Also this will make trading him harder

Your homerism is amusing. First kanter, now Lance. Lance has never produced for a team during his enitire career. He sat the bench in okc and NO, and he’s put up very pedestrian numbers while here. If you don’t like stats that’s fine, because I don’t either, but I doubt you can point to anything he does well on the court. He’s average to slightly above average on D and offensively he doesn’t bring a single desirable quality to the table.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,445

Post#46 » by robillionaire » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:03 pm

cgf wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:Lance will probably end up signing with us for the minimum. This organization likes him for being the a professional and providing leadership. He looks like trash on the court, but he apparently has some redeeming qualities in the locker room

i think once we waive him he can't sign here for 1 year. i could be wrong though.

I assumed so, but scanning the cba FAQ I couldn’t find anything saying that. So I think we actually could let him bank that 1M and then bring him back on the min after making our signings to pay him almost what he could get on the BAE from some other team. If we wanted to.

It’s up to Vonleh & Hezonja to make him expendable by season’s end.

Nah. Wouldn’t even want him back for the minimum. Wouldn’t want to waste the roster spot. Sign literally any young player instead. If he wants to be a professional and provide leadership hang it up and come back as a coach
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#47 » by gavran » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:12 pm

It's the hair. It was a stupid idea, and he's paying for it. All that extra weight on his head messed up his knee.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#48 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Nice knowing you LT. Don't really see him having much of a role on the court once he comes back. For what?

He actually looked great in preseason. Looked in good shape and quicker but I guess once actual games started with real pace dude looked like he aged 10 years instantly. I hope he has good post career plans already cuz he needs them.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#49 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:25 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Fake News. Incoming Picture sprinting in a few hours

Touche touche
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#50 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:27 pm

He was an energy guy off the bench who provided some defense which was ok if you limited his minutes to the 10-15 mpg range. Obviously he was limited offensively, to say the least, but he hustled on both ends and executed the coaches plans, which I assume is always appreciated. Good traits in a guy who is the 10th - 12th man. Knicks unfortunately had him anywhere from 8th to 6th to somewhere like 5th (meaning starter) and that's not a good idea.
Also, someone like Baker is similar, but I don't think a team should ever carry more than 1 of these kind of players, so that's another issue.
Pretty sure that issue resolves itself at the end of the season if not sooner.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#51 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:32 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:Damn, Lance can't catch a break with these injuries.

And dude is still 30..

I thought we might just waive him next season, give him his 1mill guaranteed an hire him into the coaching stuff.

But yeah, he still 30, he will prob wanna play a year or two.

he can get another deal and play a few more, i bet. not for much money, but he could still work.

He needs to move on to his next career, book author, TED & motivational speaker, giving lectures on "How To Land A Hot Wife While Being a Borderline Pro Athlete (Working The Margins of Fame for Mega-Success in the Bedroom)"
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#52 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Can there be a LFT and Jared Jeffries fishing show?

"Sailing The Seas of Scrubbishness"

"Knicks Without Knack"

"Floundering For Flounder"
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,520

Post#53 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:40 pm

The Knicks will need to shed his contract before the trade deadline to clear more capspace and this makes it harder to deal him.

Expect us to lose a couple of assets come February.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,944

Post#54 » by cgf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:54 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
cgf wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Because his partially guaranteed contract is a way of offsetting salary if we say trade him and lee together

Expirings are valuable assets even if we’re avoiding more salary.
Thomas isn’t an expiring contract but he’s almost as valuable in trade

Between Kanter, Mudiay, Baker & Hezonja we have almost 34M worth of expiring money to match with. So does Lance's ~7M really matter?

Yes because we’re not certain who’s gonna want what

And kanter is making 18mil
The other guys are less attractive to a competing team than Thomas who, like lee, are ready to plug into a good team

But I think you’re probably just looking to argue anyway.

You know what, **** it. Enjoy yourself.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#55 » by cgf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:59 pm

robillionaire wrote:
cgf wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
i think once we waive him he can't sign here for 1 year. i could be wrong though.

I assumed so, but scanning the cba FAQ I couldn’t find anything saying that. So I think we actually could let him bank that 1M and then bring him back on the min after making our signings to pay him almost what he could get on the BAE from some other team. If we wanted to.

It’s up to Vonleh & Hezonja to make him expendable by season’s end.

Nah. Wouldn’t even want him back for the minimum. Wouldn’t want to waste the roster spot. Sign literally any young player instead. If he wants to be a professional and provide leadership hang it up and come back as a coach

Young players usually want to play & be developed, so they get restless if they only get 10-15 minutes a night as the 10th-11th man. Lance is a professional who knows his role and isn’t going to get salty if he’s not “getting his shot”. He’s liked in the lockerroom. And he can help Fiz teach the kids by being a reliable team-defender who busts his ass and hits the few 3s he takes at a good clip.

Lance is exactly the kind of guy you want towards the end of your bench or you end up with the kind of problems Boston is having right now.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

cgf
RealGM

Post#56 » by cgf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:The Knicks will need to shed his contract before the trade deadline to clear more capspace and this makes it harder to deal him.

I think you’re confusing Lee & Thomas. Thomas can be waived prior to 6/29/19 and not a cent would be left on our books for the summer. So there is no need to trade him.

MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#57 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:00 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:The Knicks will need to shed his contract before the trade deadline to clear more capspace and this makes it harder to deal him.

Why do they need to shed him for this trade deadline? Who the Knicks getting right now?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,298

Post#58 » by DOT » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:34 pm

cgf wrote:

I think you’re confusing Lee & Thomas. Thomas can be waived prior to 6/29/19 and not a cent would be left on our books for the summer. So there is no need to trade him.
Actually, there would be 1 million on the books, but that's close enough to where he won't really affect us

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#59 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Tim Hardaway Jr needs to develop a neck injury for the team like CLee and really pilot that tank!

j/k.

You really that down on Timmy?
Free Palestine
cgf
RealGM

Post#60 » by cgf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:50 pm

K-DOT wrote:
cgf wrote:

Actually, there would be 1 million on the books, but that's close enough to where he won't really affect us

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

He doesn't lock that 1M in until 6/29/19. So if we waive him before that date, then not even that 1M would be left on our books.

Return to New York Knicks