ImageImageImageImageImage

Lance Thomas undergoes arthroscopic knee surgery; to be re-evaluated in 4 weeks

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Re: Lance Thomas undergoes arthroscopic knee surgery; to be re-evaluated in 4 weeks 

Post#61 » by DOT » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:54 pm

cgf wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
cgf wrote:
I think you’re confusing Lee & Thomas. Thomas can be waived prior to 6/29/19 and not a cent would be left on our books for the summer. So there is no need to trade him.
Actually, there would be 1 million on the books, but that's close enough to where he won't really affect us

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

He doesn't lock that 1M in until 6/29/19. So if we waive him before that date, then not even that 1M would be left on our books.

What's your source on that?

Cause I haven't seen that before, I thought it was 1 mil guaranteed
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,759

Re: Lance Thomas undergoes arthroscopic knee surgery; to be re-evaluated in 4 weeks 

Post#62 » by cgf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:06 pm

K-DOT wrote:
cgf wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Actually, there would be 1 million on the books, but that's close enough to where he won't really affect us

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

He doesn't lock that 1M in until 6/29/19. So if we waive him before that date, then not even that 1M would be left on our books.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

It’s down under “Deadlines”. His contract doesn’t guarantee for that 1M until 6/30/19. So if we waive him by the 29th we should be fully in the clear; unless I’m reading this wrong.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,200

Post#63 » by DOT » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:17 pm

cgf wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
cgf wrote:

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/new-york-knicks-team-salary/

It’s down under “Deadlines”. His contract doesn’t guarantee for that 1M until 6/30/19. So if we waive him by the 29th we should be fully in the clear; unless I’m reading this wrong.

Didn't know that

Regardless, even if he's owed 1 mil next year, that's really nothing anyways
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,146

Post#64 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Tim Hardaway Jr needs to develop a neck injury for the team like CLee and really pilot that tank!

j/k.

You really that down on Timmy?

No, it would be an example of the team's best player going out, leading to the worst possible record.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,290

Post#65 » by Chanel Bomber » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm

cgf wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The Knicks will need to shed his contract before the trade deadline to clear more capspace and this makes it harder to deal him.

Expect us to lose a couple of assets come February.

I think you’re confusing Lee & Thomas. Thomas can be waived prior to 6/29/19 and not a cent would be left on our books for the summer. So there is no need to trade him.

I didn't know that, thanks for dropping the jewels. I stand corrected.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#66 » by Phish Tank » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Lance bulking up over the last few seasons was a mistake too
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,759

Post#67 » by cgf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
cgf wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:The Knicks will need to shed his contract before the trade deadline to clear more capspace and this makes it harder to deal him.

Expect us to lose a couple of assets come February.

I didn't know that, thanks for dropping the jewels. I stand corrected.

For sure, I like numbers too much & have spent too much time dicking around with our cap situation.

...even corrected Shams on Baker's contract, cause at one point I decided to dig into the exact specifics of every Knick's contract :lol:
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks