ImageImageImageImageImage

Ot?: Rozier on trading block

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,125

Re: Ot?: Rozier on trading block 

Post#41 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cgf wrote:I'm just curious what folks pushing for Rozier think of Ntilikina. Given that Scary Terry had an even worse rookie season than Frank while being older than Frank was, this seems like it could yield some funny results ;-)

you had to, didn't you?

edit. i'm thinking frank might have a better first FOUR years. he's already on his way to a better first two.

I 100% agree with you. But you have to admit that Rozier in year 3 shooting 38% from Deep on 5 attempts per game is very impressive. He is shooting less threes this year and is nearly 43% from 3. Would love to see Frank take that sort of leap.

i think it's quite possible. frank shot for good percentages from deep consistently in europe. i am of the contingent who believes frank's offensive game will come together in time, even if it maxes out as someome who's mainly a scoring threat as a floor spacer.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#42 » by taj2133 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:56 pm

If i am the knicks i either trade for frank jackson of pelicans or trade with portland for anfernee simmons both players are out of the rotation.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,265

Post#43 » by sol537 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:58 pm

I'll give them Lee or THJr for Rozier + expiring. Otherwise, kick rocks.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#44 » by Sark » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Hard pass.

Aren't we supposed to be making a run at Kyrie in the off-season? What's the point of trading for his back up right now? :lol:
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,735

Post#45 » by RHODEY » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:He wants 20 mil a year, and some team is gonna give it to him, and we'd have to match

Meaning if we strike out on KD and have to pay both him and KP, we have no capspace again

I'm good, thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

In addition to this and his lack of efficiency, his vision is also bad. He gets his assists from the system, but the offense still runs through basically everyone else. When Kyrie went out, Horford was the de-facto PG.

and he's puny
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,714

Post#46 » by nedleeds » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Never been double teamed in his career. Great rotation guard. Why trade anything for him? If they want Lee or something then fine.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,595

Post#47 » by cgf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:34 pm

taj2133 wrote:If i am the knicks i either trade for frank jackson of pelicans or trade with portland for anfernee simmons both players are out of the rotation.

I like Simons a lot, but he's kinda redundant with Trier in tow and I don't think Portland minds slow burning him because he didn't play in college without being the freak that Mitch is.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#48 » by taj2133 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:43 pm

cgf wrote:
taj2133 wrote:If i am the knicks i either trade for frank jackson of pelicans or trade with portland for anfernee simmons both players are out of the rotation.

I like Simons a lot, but he's kinda redundant with Trier in tow and I don't think Portland minds slow burning him because he didn't play in college without being the freak that Mitch is.

Portland has cj and lillard under contract until summer 2021 that's about 3 years simons won't get lot playing over there right now i would trade frank and lee for package moe harkless, gary trent, and anfernee simons and portland 2018 first round pick.
cgf
RealGM

Post#49 » by cgf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:59 pm

taj2133 wrote:
cgf wrote:

Portland has cj and lillard under contract until summer 2021 that's about 3 years simons won't get lot playing over there right now i would trade frank and lee for package moe harkless, gary trent, and anfernee simons and portland 2018 first round pick.

They have CJ & Dame under contract...but I'm not sure that both of those guys will see out their contracts in portland.

And, again, I like Simons...but hard pass on moving Frank to get him + a late 1st. I dunno what Frank will end up becoming as he develops, but with his ridiculous D ceiling, intelligence & shot-mechanics; I'm not moving him for a guy who profiles to be a pretty similar player to Zo.

Dumping Lee shouldn't cost more than the HOU SRP, if not netting us a SRP or minor-asset...a HOU fan suggested Lee + Lance for expirings + Qi, just yesterday on the trade board. So that's no incentive to lose Frank either.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#50 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Juco24 wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:Underrated player and only 24 I’d go after him.

As would I.... does the NBA still have that poison pill? I agree with the article- the Celtics won't be able to pay everyone. Honestly I'm thinking that they are internally regretting the Gordon signing. 1. Many are questioning if he'll ever be the same. 2. They're loaded on the wing. 3. Could've used that money elsewhere

By signing Smart, I just wonder what their mindset is going forward

I guess they didnt expect Tatum turn out that good.
For Hayward if he picks up his form 2 year max contract at the end of this year should be tradeable.

M.Smart signing is similar to our extension with JR Smith. Both would be really good players if they had head on their shoulders.
cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Post#51 » by cuyankees » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:49 pm

1st RD pick for a backup PG who benefits immensely from being surrounded by scorers everywhere on the floor and Stevens, the best defensive coach in the league?

Crack kills...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#52 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:00 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
FatboyRealPetty wrote:Underrated player and only 24 I’d go after him.

As would I.... does the NBA still have that poison pill? I agree with the article- the Celtics won't be able to pay everyone. Honestly I'm thinking that they are internally regretting the Gordon signing. 1. Many are questioning if he'll ever be the same. 2. They're loaded on the wing. 3. Could've used that money elsewhere

For Hayward if he picks up his form 2 year max contract at the end of this year should be tradeable.

M.Smart signing is similar to our extension with JR Smith. Both would be really good players if they had head on their shoulders.

Yeah, no. Very different. Smart is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Smith ever was on both sides of the ball. Smart's IQ on both ends is up there with the best in the NBA. His issue is his jumper, but the head on his shoulder.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,448

Post#53 » by blueNorange » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:13 pm

boston messed up, they should've traded him when his value was at it's highest during the summer.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,389

Post#54 » by stuporman » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Quick, send one of the expiring PGs to the Suns for a second rounder before the window closes to get a little value out of it. The Suns probably will be willing to pony up a protected 1st for him and send Melton/Bender for salary matching which only helps the Celts gets stronger.

Wake up Perry!
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
cgf
RealGM

Post#55 » by cgf » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Rozier feels like obvious suns bait to get them to eat a bad contract as the third team in a Brown + Smart contract + SAC FRP for star center, trade.

Edit: if Richardson + Bam was ever on the table for Jimmy, that owner should’ve stepped in & fired Thibs...before flipping KAT + Wiggins for Brown + Smart + SAC FRP + Warren + Ariza’s expiring from PHX. A modern coach running with:

Adebayo | Dieng
Warren | Gibson
Brown | Ariza | Okogie | KBD
Richardson | Smart
Teague | Rose | Jones

+ MIA FRP
+ SAC FRP

Would be really interesting

Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#56 » by Marty McFly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Ainge vs mills.

Lawd have mercy.

A Prime mike Tyson VS a shot Reggie strickland
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#57 » by falcindor » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:43 pm

He would look good in a Suns uniform.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,296

Post#58 » by Garbagelo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:06 am

blueNorange wrote:boston messed up, they should've traded him when his value was at it's highest during the summer.

he is their Trey Burke
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#59 » by awy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:13 am

they could trade with suns, or kangz maybe. but neither team has much win now talent to help boston. they already got the picks out of those teams. :lol: :lol:
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#60 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:54 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:

Yeah, no. Very different. Smart is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Smith ever was on both sides of the ball. Smart's IQ on both ends is up there with the best in the NBA. His issue is his jumper, but the head on his shoulder.

I think its Celtics effect. Even Kyrie sounds senseful in Boston. If he ever come to NY I can see nonsense stuff getting to the headlines like when he was in Cavs.

Return to New York Knicks