ImageImageImageImageImage

Ot?: Rozier on trading block

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Re: Ot?: Rozier on trading block 

Post#61 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:59 am

The issue is then you have to pay him.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,701

Post#62 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:08 am

Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#63 » by dakomish23 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:02 am

We’re going to trade Frank for him, aren’t we?

Looking fwd to seeing what Frank could do under Stevens. Good luck to the bench guards that have to go against him and Smart.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
NY Kicks
Junior
And1: 19

Post#64 » by NY Kicks » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:14 am

He's better than Burke...
As an RFA next summer, I don't think Boston should demand 1st for him, however he will demand a good amount of money in case he starts somewhere...so, I am not sure he's worth 20+ mio a year. He could be a seasonal love for a team, having a goal of contending...
My GOAT Team

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Kareem

Bench:Wilt, Russell, Stockton, Isiah Thomas, TD, Kobe, Dr J, Pippen
eagle54
Pro Prospect
And1: 502

Post#65 » by eagle54 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:12 am

No need to move this year (or just trade lee for a expiring) !
Each trade could kill the tank and moreover we need to paid him next year while targeting big FA. So lots of reasons to keep calm and passive. Let him go to phoenix, maybe we'll get a better spot in the lottery.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#66 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:27 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:I guess they didnt expect Tatum turn out that good.
For Hayward if he picks up his form 2 year max contract at the end of this year should be tradeable.

M.Smart signing is similar to our extension with JR Smith. Both would be really good players if they had head on their shoulders.

Yeah, no. Very different. Smart is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Smith ever was on both sides of the ball. Smart's IQ on both ends is up there with the best in the NBA. His issue is his jumper, but the head on his shoulder.

I think its Celtics effect. Even Kyrie sounds senseful in Boston. If he ever come to NY I can see nonsense stuff getting to the headlines like when he was in Cavs.

He was like that at OSU.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#67 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Marty McFly wrote:Ainge vs mills.

Lawd have mercy.

A Prime mike Tyson VS a shot Reggie strickland

how about ainge vs. perry?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#68 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
As would I.... does the NBA still have that poison pill? I agree with the article- the Celtics won't be able to pay everyone. Honestly I'm thinking that they are internally regretting the Gordon signing. 1. Many are questioning if he'll ever be the same. 2. They're loaded on the wing. 3. Could've used that money elsewhere

By signing Smart, I just wonder what their mindset is going forward

I guess they didnt expect Tatum turn out that good.
For Hayward if he picks up his form 2 year max contract at the end of this year should be tradeable.

M.Smart signing is similar to our extension with JR Smith. Both would be really good players if they had head on their shoulders.

Yeah, no. Very different. Smart is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Smith ever was on both sides of the ball. Smart's IQ on both ends is up there with the best in the NBA. His issue is his jumper, but the head on his shoulder.

are you saying he's smart?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#69 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Sark wrote:Hard pass.

Aren't we supposed to be making a run at Kyrie in the off-season? What's the point of trading for his back up right now? :lol:

did you miss the uncle drew announcement to boston that he intends to stay if they'll have him? translation: 5-year max kat before the wheels fall off my body, please.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#70 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:20 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Image

translation:

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#71 » by NYKAL » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:00 pm

dakomish23 wrote:We’re going to trade Frank for him, aren’t we?

Looking fwd to seeing what Frank could do under Stevens. Good luck to the bench guards that have to go against him and Smart.

This is what pissing people off about Frank stans. Frank is no lockdown one on one defender unless we're talking a bum like Tray Young. He's good at aspects of defense, even elite as some but, anyone with a bit of quickness will dust Frank just like the last game.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#72 » by dakomish23 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:11 pm

NYKAL wrote:

This is what pissing people off about Frank stans. Frank is no lockdown one on one defender unless we're talking a bum like Tray Young. He's good at aspects of defense, even elite as some but, anyone with a bit of quickness will dust Frank just like the last game.

Not only is it accepted by the overwhelming majority of NBA pundits that Frank is a good to great defender, but the metrics back it up as well:

P&R ball handler - .649 PPP - 90th percentile
Isolation - .703 PPP - 86th percentile
Hand off - .784 PPP - 72nd percentile
Post up - .450 PPP - 98th percentile

It’s not being a Stan when you want to see your team play the guy they selected in the lottery.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why your lottery pick is losing minutes to guys who won’t be here the following year, all in an effort to chase LHF.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why a team that is rebuilding will choose to barely play their lottery pick with their franchise cornerstone.

Making excuses for someone, who is so putrid on defense that they are unable to be on the floor in crunch time, is being a Stan. Especially when that someone isn’t a part of the long term future of this franchise.

That’s what you did last year for Kanter.

If I want to know how to overinflate the value of rebounds that are gathered b/c of a total lack of deterrence, I’ll come to you.

But my comment was about defense. Given who you Stan, maybe you should sit this one out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,959

Post#73 » by cgf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:18 pm

NYKAL wrote:

I wonder if this post would be quite as funny if I hadn’t just listened to the dunc’d on poscast where they talk about what a good job Frank did on Curry 1-on-1; forcing GSW to run Steph off a lot more motion than they almost ever have to in the RS?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Post#74 » by GONYK » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 pm

cgf wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

I wonder if this post would be quite as funny if I hadn’t just listened to the dunc’d on poscast where they talk about what a good job Frank did on Curry 1-on-1; forcing GSW to run Steph off a lot more motion than they almost ever have to in the RS?

It takes either a lot of hate or an extreme lack of knowledge to try and make the case that Frank isn't an impact defender against pretty much everyone...and he's only going to get better on that end.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,959

Post#75 » by cgf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:17 pm

GONYK wrote:
cgf wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

It takes either a lot of hate or an extreme lack of knowledge to try and make the case that Frank isn't an impact defender against pretty much everyone...and he's only going to get better on that end.

Yeah. I have my doubts about him every being much more than a floor spacer and secondary ball handler who can run some PNRs and hit spot up 3s.

But his D is already impressive & the ceiling is just ridiculous.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#76 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:12 am

GONYK wrote:
cgf wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

Against most players Frank does well, he does have some hard matchups. John Wall for one has his number but ya know even th he best defenders have those players. ****, Jordan had trouble against out of all people Danny Ainge and other zippy off ball scorers who used lots of screens. One on one iso players even when elite were shut down by Jordan. I think Frank is better against the opposite. The guys that move around alot or even dribbles that go east west he frustrates. Guys who go downhill at all times give him problems because even then it's less that he doesnt stay in front of them as it is he fouls them. A good defensive(matured) Center in combination with Frank negates that. But still Frank does his job.

Hey, we got a team right now full of guys with flaws as we should. We got the youngest team in the league and I get the fun is talking about every minute detail but I'm just enjoying the show. Make no mistake though and this is why I push progress and why I get on Frank......I like the kid but the Knicks 'gon Knick eventually. They'll say what we wanna hear cuz they now are somewhat in tune with the fact that the fanbase wanted a rebuild. But eventually the Knicks 'gon Knick.

You know it
I know it
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#77 » by TimRobbins » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:52 am

Rozier is not the guy the Knicks will go after.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#78 » by SuperflyKnick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:05 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:I guess they didnt expect Tatum turn out that good.

are you saying he's smart?

He is not lolz
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach

Post#79 » by SuperflyKnick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:09 am

NYKAL wrote:

I’m not a frank fan but his defense is elite ... if he can Learn to shoot he could possibly become one of the nba best two way players
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach

Post#80 » by SuperflyKnick » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 am

dakomish23 wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

Not only is it accepted by the overwhelming majority of NBA pundits that Frank is a good to great defender, but the metrics back it up as well:

P&R ball handler - .649 PPP - 90th percentile
Isolation - .703 PPP - 86th percentile
Hand off - .784 PPP - 72nd percentile
Post up - .450 PPP - 98th percentile

It’s not being a Stan when you want to see your team play the guy they selected in the lottery.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why your lottery pick is losing minutes to guys who won’t be here the following year, all in an effort to chase LHF.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why a team that is rebuilding will choose to barely play their lottery pick with their franchise cornerstone.

Making excuses for someone, who is so putrid on defense that they are unable to be on the floor in crunch time, is being a Stan. Especially when that someone isn’t a part of the long term future of this franchise.

That’s what you did last year for Kanter.

If I want to know how to overinflate the value of rebounds that are gathered b/c of a total lack of deterrence, I’ll come to you.

But my comment was about defense. Given who you Stan, maybe you should sit this one out.

People are you forgetting this is a 19-20 year kid ... who already is elite defensely ... give him some time .... just to mention some players break out late ... Kyle Lowry was a late pick bounced here and there and look at him now ...

Return to New York Knicks