Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Re: Ot?: Rozier on trading block 

Post#81 » by dakomish23 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:29 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
This is what pissing people off about Frank stans. Frank is no lockdown one on one defender unless we're talking a bum like Tray Young. He's good at aspects of defense, even elite as some but, anyone with a bit of quickness will dust Frank just like the last game.

Not only is it accepted by the overwhelming majority of NBA pundits that Frank is a good to great defender, but the metrics back it up as well:

P&R ball handler - .649 PPP - 90th percentile
Isolation - .703 PPP - 86th percentile
Hand off - .784 PPP - 72nd percentile
Post up - .450 PPP - 98th percentile

It’s not being a Stan when you want to see your team play the guy they selected in the lottery.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why your lottery pick is losing minutes to guys who won’t be here the following year, all in an effort to chase LHF.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why a team that is rebuilding will choose to barely play their lottery pick with their franchise cornerstone.

Making excuses for someone, who is so putrid on defense that they are unable to be on the floor in crunch time, is being a Stan. Especially when that someone isn’t a part of the long term future of this franchise.

That’s what you did last year for Kanter.

If I want to know how to overinflate the value of rebounds that are gathered b/c of a total lack of deterrence, I’ll come to you.

But my comment was about defense. Given who you Stan, maybe you should sit this one out.

People are you forgetting this is a 19-20 year kid ... who already is elite defensely ... give him some time .... just to mention some players break out late ... Kyle Lowry was a late pick bounced here and there and look at him now ...

What side of this argument did you think I was on?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,915

Post#82 » by cgf » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 pm

SuperflyKnick wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
NYKAL wrote:
This is what pissing people off about Frank stans. Frank is no lockdown one on one defender unless we're talking a bum like Tray Young. He's good at aspects of defense, even elite as some but, anyone with a bit of quickness will dust Frank just like the last game.

Not only is it accepted by the overwhelming majority of NBA pundits that Frank is a good to great defender, but the metrics back it up as well:

P&R ball handler - .649 PPP - 90th percentile
Isolation - .703 PPP - 86th percentile
Hand off - .784 PPP - 72nd percentile
Post up - .450 PPP - 98th percentile

It’s not being a Stan when you want to see your team play the guy they selected in the lottery.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why your lottery pick is losing minutes to guys who won’t be here the following year, all in an effort to chase LHF.

It’s not being a Stan when you question why a team that is rebuilding will choose to barely play their lottery pick with their franchise cornerstone.

Making excuses for someone, who is so putrid on defense that they are unable to be on the floor in crunch time, is being a Stan. Especially when that someone isn’t a part of the long term future of this franchise.

That’s what you did last year for Kanter.

If I want to know how to overinflate the value of rebounds that are gathered b/c of a total lack of deterrence, I’ll come to you.

But my comment was about defense. Given who you Stan, maybe you should sit this one out.

People are you forgetting this is a 19-20 year kid ... who already is elite defensely ... give him some time .... just to mention some players break out late ... Kyle Lowry was a late pick bounced here and there and look at him now ...

GP, Billups, Conley, Lowry, Teague, the guy this thread is about, the list of PGs who didn't break out until their mid 20s. Isn't exactly short.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,528

Post#83 » by Fat Kat » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:02 pm

NY Kicks wrote:He's better than Burke...
As an RFA next summer, I don't think Boston should demand 1st for him, however he will demand a good amount of money in case he starts somewhere...so, I am not sure he's worth 20+ mio a year. He could be a seasonal love for a team, having a goal of contending...

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#84 » by Bklyn&company » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:10 pm

I like TRoz.. but we should pass...
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#85 » by Cookies4Life » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Not a chance in hell. He's going to command somewhere between 17-20 million per year. I like our PG's (for now,) and much rather see them continue to develop.

I'm still a firm believer that Frank has the chance to be a very special player. I don't want to see random FA's taking minutes away from certain guys on this roster- specifically Frank, MItchell and Knox.

Also Mudiay has surprised me a lot this year, he looks like a completely different player. If he continues to show this level of consistency, we found our backup PG for the future.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#86 » by Da ThRONe » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:39 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:Not a chance in hell. He's going to command somewhere between 17-20 million per year. I like our PG's (for now,) and much rather see them continue to develop.

I'm still a firm believer that Frank has the chance to be a very special player. I don't want to see random FA's taking minutes away from certain guys on this roster- specifically Frank, MItchell and Knox.

Also Mudiay has surprised me a lot this year, he looks like a completely different player. If he continues to show this level of consistency, we found our backup PG for the future.

I just don't understand the fascination with Rozier. His career scoring efficiency is below average along with his assist numbers, and he's a good defensive player but not great.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#87 » by Cookies4Life » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:01 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:Not a chance in hell. He's going to command somewhere between 17-20 million per year. I like our PG's (for now,) and much rather see them continue to develop.

I just don't understand the fascination with Rozier. His career scoring efficiency is below average along with his assist numbers, and he's a good defensive player but not great.

It's from his performance last year when Irving went out for an extended period of time, especially how he played in the playoffs.

Maybe his value is going to continue to plummet as the season goes on; Boston is better off trying to get some compensation for him now while his name still holds some value.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#88 » by WargamesX » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:

He played amazing in the playoffs (except for 1 game.....) and was solid alongside Smart when Kyrie got injured last year. This year though he looking pedestrian so I don't know if taking a flyer on him is a good idea. We're about a quarter of a way through the season so its still to early to tell.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#89 » by Da ThRONe » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:

It's from his performance last year when Irving went out for an extended period of time, especially how he played in the playoffs.

Maybe his value is going to continue to plummet as the season goes on; Boston is better off trying to get some compensation for him now while his name still holds some value.

So many player ended up getting over paid for quality playoff runs. Soliman Hill(we are guilty), Bismack Byombo, Jonathan Simmons, Tim Mozgov, etc yet GM's still continue to make the same mistake.

Return to New York Knicks