ImageImageImageImageImage

Thanksgiving initiative + Knicks Film School Draft Podcast

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Thanksgiving initiative + Knicks Film School Draft Podcast 

Post#1 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:05 pm

I know you're not supposed to do this, but I'm a former mod and am bending the rules a bit. Sue me. (Wingo, don't - you'd lose. :wink: Kidding.)

1) Check out the most recent KFS podcast on some lotto prospects to keep an eye on. We focus mostly on the Dukies + Little, but we talk a bit about some other guys at the end. *Hopefully there will be more where we focus on other ones, because, those of you who know me, know that I love the draft and scouting. After all, it was part of what I did when I worked in basketball before law school. (It's on Apple Podcasts, I think Spotify, and another place too but I forgot...) Also, if you haven't already, subscribe and give it a 5 star review (if you think it's worth it, which I think it is - but I'm biased, lol). Be sure to listen to future episodes, too!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-knicks-film-school-podcast/id1439034317?mt=2#episodeGuid=d23accc87b124fa6830f23da5bd13a2a

2) Also, as many of you know, the contributors to Knicks Film School don't ask for money or anything in return for the service. Instead, we are asking that if you can contribute ANYTHING to the link below, that would be awesome. Basically, we're trying to help those less fortunate have the opportunity to have a Thanksgiving Dinner. It costs $35 per meal and the initial goal was 10 boxes - it's now up to 20 boxes, and hopefully more if we're able to get more donations. It's for a great cause, and ANY amount is helpful. I donated one box, but others have donated more and some have gotten really creative with their amounts - XX per rebound, block, point, etc over the next XX games.

Again, anything would be awesome. Thanks, guys.

Read on Twitter
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,138

Re: Thanksgiving initiative + Knicks Film School Draft Podcast 

Post#2 » by Fat Kat » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Listened to you this morning. Keep up the good work.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#3 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Listened to you this morning. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, dude! Will do (I hope). It's weird listening to myself on podcasts...yes...it might be egotistical, but I did it both times. I would also like to note that I 100% agree with myself! :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#4 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm

Nice!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,736

Post#5 » by cgf » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

Thanks, dude! Will do (I hope). It's weird listening to myself on podcasts...yes...it might be egotistical, but I did it both times. I would also like to note that I 100% agree with myself! :lol:

cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#6 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:28 pm

cgf wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Honestly...I do, lol. I'd love to be on more podcasts outside of just Knicks Film School, to be honest.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#7 » by awy » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:32 pm

great pod.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#8 » by Fat Kat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Did you throw your hat in the ring for Locked on?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#9 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Fat Kat wrote:Did you throw your hat in the ring for Locked on?

What do you mean?
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#10 » by Fat Kat » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

What do you mean?

Jonathan is leaving. He got a job in the Bay area for NBA2k. They’re gonna have a new host.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#11 » by awy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:02 pm

I like the discussion format the Stepien guys have with their podcasts where they have discussions on prospects from different perspectives, explore disagreements etc.

One of their pods got discontinued after Sean Derenthal got hired by the sixers, but Mike Gribanov is still doing a pod with his typical AAU focus at Hardwood Homies. Just from a content consumer perspective would be great to hear you on a prospect podcast like that one, or others. The more the better because the content you do is great.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#12 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 pm

awy wrote:I like the discussion format the Stepien guys have with their podcasts where they have discussions on prospects from different perspectives, explore disagreements etc.

One of their pods got discontinued after Sean Derenthal got hired by the sixers, but Mike Gribanov is still doing a pod with his typical AAU focus at Hardwood Homies. Just from a content consumer perspective would be great to hear you on a prospect podcast like that one, or others. The more the better because the content you do is great.

I'd love to be on with them and talk with them on Twitter sometimes, but they've never asked. All good, though.

I know all about that video scout position...trust me...bull ****.

Fat Kat wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

What do you mean?

Jonathan is leaving. He got a job in the Bay area for NBA2k. They’re gonna have a new host.

Ahhhhh. Honestly, I don't think I'd want to do a podcast by myself. I've love to co-host one or be a guest a few times a week, but I still focus mainly on the draft / scouting right now. Even when I'm watching Knicks games, and games in general, I tend to do it from a player-evaluation perspective vs a capturing everything perspective. I nominate Remi, though. His post game recaps are awesome. Take him with someone like Zach DiLuzio and the podcast would be awesome for Knicks fans.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#13 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:59 pm

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Bumping this again to see if anyone can donate. We've already killed the $350 goal we initially set out for. We're at $1885 with a new goal of $2450. Any amount counts!

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/knicks-film-school
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,440

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:31 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:

Today's podcast? Post a link.
Free Palestine
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#15 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:35 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Today's podcast? Post a link.

Tuesday’s on the draft. I did another one two weeks (?) prior on evaluating some players.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-knicks-film-school-podcast/id1439034317?mt=2#episodeGuid=d23accc87b124fa6830f23da5bd13a2a
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#16 » by br7knicks » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:21 am

i tried to get it, but i don't have itunes or apple products.

is there a way to get it on a laptop, or android phone?
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/

Return to New York Knicks