ImageImageImageImageImage

Enes Kanter Top 20 in PER

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

cuyankees
Veteran
And1: 1,274

Re: Enes Kanter Top 20 in PER 

Post#41 » by cuyankees » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:10 am

Cookies4Life wrote:This would be the perfect time to get rid of Kanter and Hardaway Jr. I can't imagine their stock will be much higher than it currently is.

I think Hardaway Jr could snag this team a 1st round pick and Enes could probably get the team a few 2nd rounders at worse, maybe a late 1st rounder.

You and just about everyone here would love that. Now, try and find someone with cap space/expirings to take those guys. You’ll find out quickly why Pills won’t deal them. :/
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#42 » by PeoplesChamp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:34 am

Good. Maybe someone will want him for some picks.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,435

Post#43 » by JXL » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:51 pm

cuyankees wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:This would be the perfect time to get rid of Kanter and Hardaway Jr. I can't imagine their stock will be much higher than it currently is.

I think Hardaway Jr could snag this team a 1st round pick and Enes could probably get the team a few 2nd rounders at worse, maybe a late 1st rounder.

You and just about everyone here would love that. Now, try and find someone with cap space/expirings to take those guys. You’ll find out quickly why Pills won’t deal them. :/

Knicks won't get a 1st for a player who can't defend the rim or at all. Hardaway can net a 2nd rounder cause all he does is chuck away at the basket, barely rebounds or passes, and being a below average defender.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#44 » by cuyankees » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:00 pm

JXL wrote:
cuyankees wrote:

Knicks won't get a 1st for a player who can't defend the rim or at all. Hardaway can net a 2nd rounder cause all he does is chuck away at the basket, barely rebounds or passes, and being a below average defender.

THJ for a 2nd rd and expirings? :lol:
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#45 » by levendis » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:03 pm

JXL wrote:
cuyankees wrote:

Hardaway is a below average defender in a good day.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#46 » by dakomish23 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:05 pm

nedleeds wrote:Everytime Kanter is involved in an action on defense the result is a basket a foul or a high percentage shot. On offense he's turnover prone or he scores at an acceptable rate if they don't double team him as his teammates watch him pound the ball 5 times and lay his shoulder into the defender. He should be released immediately, every offensive possession he consumes is one a player with a future here could be involved in, every defensive possession he is targeted is a joke and the other defender can't even be evaluated because he is so **** useless. If he were to be waived tomorrow what team would even claim him?

He’s the best garbage man in the game. Buckets & boards.

That said, he’s doing the same off the bench as he did as a starter.

There were ppl who said he was a bench player last year and it was considered heresy
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#47 » by Cookies4Life » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:16 pm

JXL wrote:
cuyankees wrote:

I'm not a fan of Hardaway Jr at all but he is averaging around 24 ppg and is square in his prime. He's played better than expected this year (he's still a chucker with below average defense but his scoring ability could be considered valuable.) I'm of the mindset that he could net this team a pick in the early to late 20's given his production this year. Maybe some team would take a chance on him as a 3rd option type of scorer (OKC, HOU.)
cuyankees
Veteran

Post#48 » by cuyankees » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Cookies4Life wrote:
JXL wrote:
cuyankees wrote:You and just about everyone here would love that. Now, try and find someone with cap space/expirings to take those guys. You’ll find out quickly why Pills won’t deal them. :/

I'm not a fan of Hardaway Jr at all but he is averaging around 24 ppg and is square in his prime. He's played better than expected this year (he's still a chucker with below average defense but his scoring ability could be considered valuable.) I'm of the mindset that he could net this team a pick in the early to late 20's given his production this year. Maybe some team would take a chance on him as a 3rd option type of scorer (OKC, HOU.)

Ok that’s a great opinion in a vacuum, find a a team with ~20mn in expirings.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#49 » by reub » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:02 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:All this said, I think Enes is playing good hard-nosed and efficient basketball with his defense "improved" from last year. I think he Fizdale would try Enes and Mitch together in the starting lineup. From what little I've seen of them playing together, I thought it worked out decently. Mitch can cover a lot of ground very quickly. Just like Frank. And Trier too.

Enes has been excellent on offense and putrid on defense. There's no way around that fact.

He's one of the worst defensive players in the league. And I like him but the facts are the facts.

He's been better on defense this season. Not "good." Just "better." Kanter is better with a shot blocker/rim protector next to him. Kanter occupies a lot of attention in paint, especially on the offensive glass. That should help open up our 3 point game. I don't think it's fair to put this all on just him. And it's not like he's not working hard on defense. He works hard on that side of the court. Sometime it's not his fault, like when our wing fails to pick up the opposing team's center if Kanter doubles hard on the ball-handler. Or when the other wing doesn't rotate to pick up the corner 3. Also consider that the NBA has re-designed to the game to substantially favor the offense. Therefore, offense is valued more.

C'mon baby, hit me with your best shot! :lol:

Did bNo put you up to this? :D
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Post#50 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 am

cuyankees wrote:
JXL wrote:
cuyankees wrote:You and just about everyone here would love that. Now, try and find someone with cap space/expirings to take those guys. You’ll find out quickly why Pills won’t deal them. :/

THJ for a 2nd rd and expirings?
Done. which team are we gonna find a sucker in?
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#51 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 am

Kampuchea wrote:Vonleh is only one with positive, he seems to get enough minutes for it to be legit in his case at least.

And Vonleh was our biggest negitive last night at -20 lol.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#52 » by br7knicks » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:36 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Vonleh is only one with positive, he seems to get enough minutes for it to be legit in his case at least.

but that's why PER and -/+ are bull **** stats a lot of times.

kanter puts up good stats in a short amount of time, which is why is PER is so high - plus other factors, like how each stat is weighted.

but watching vonleh would show you that he is probably the most efficient, helpful, and hardest working player on the knicks.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,363

Post#53 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Kanter needs to play 40 mpg for the rest of this season. He's still young. Do it for the children!
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#54 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:24 pm

br7knicks wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

kanter puts up good stats in a short amount of time, which is why is PER is so high - plus other factors, like how each stat is weighted.

but watching vonleh would show you that he is probably the most efficient, helpful, and hardest working player on the knicks.

yeah...i was agreeing that +/- is BS
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#55 » by gavran » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:

yeah...i was agreeing that +/- is BS

Only the way you were using it in the previous post is BS.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#56 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 pm

gavran wrote:Only the way you were using it in the previous post is BS.

?
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#57 » by gavran » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
gavran wrote:Only the way you were using it in the previous post is BS.

?

You don't use +/- for 1 for one game. You don't even use it for 10, you need at least half a season. NBA is stupid for making it a box score stat.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#58 » by Kampuchea » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Based on NET RATING (includes offense AND Defense Impact) our WORST OVERALL players are NTILIKINA & KNOX

Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#59 » by Billy Goat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Kampuchea wrote:Based on NET RATING (includes offense AND Defense Impact) our WORST OVERALL players are NTILIKINA & KNOX

Is this surprising?
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#60 » by Kampuchea » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Based on NET RATING (includes offense AND Defense Impact) our WORST OVERALL players are NTILIKINA & KNOX

Is this surprising?

Not to those watching the games, no. Some people have been posting that Franks Defense would make up for his offensive shortcomings and this proves that is faulty thinking. Furthermore his defense isn't event that good now

Return to New York Knicks