ImageImageImageImageImage

OT. Draymond get suspended for messing with Durant

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: OT. Draymond get suspended for messing with Durant 

Post#221 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:16 pm

He's not letting this go, lol.

Draymond Green plans to appeal the Golden State Warriors' decision to suspend him for one game with the help of the NBPA.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#222 » by Synciere » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:36 pm

Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:I don’t get the hate towards KD at all. I don’t get why Draymond is upset at KD. KD has done everything he could for them. HE shouldn’t have to pledge to stay forever in order to get respect from his teammates in Golden State.

I like Draymond as a player, but his need to bark at everyone is only allowed because he plays in this era. I can’t respect him the same way after the Tristan incident either. Anyone on Draymond’s side in this dispute must just hate KD for the wrong reasons.

Kevin can do what he wants. However, this season shouldn’t be “will Kevin leave”. They’re the defending champions. That’s what the season should be about.

The whole summer all anyone from that organization has said is that no one discusses his free agency, so that question shouldn't be on anyone's mind. The fact that they're the champs is irrelevant. KD is there and trying to win a championship this year, that his job and that's what the season should be and is about.

Draymond fcuked up, and then like a bitch started bringing up old and irrelevant shyt. If KD isn't ready to commit to the team long term he shouldn't be mad about that. Matter of fact, that only helps Draymond get his money. His reaction was wild emotional. Now because KD, only the league's best (or second best after Steph) scorer demands the ball in crunch time the season is about KD's free agency? What?! They're pro ball players, that's how it shakes out. The media will create that circus without Draymond adding to it. He fcuked up, plain and simple. Then he tried to shift the blame to KD for wanting to keep his free agency options open. Draymond acting like a jilted bitch.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#223 » by Greenie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:I don’t get the hate towards KD at all. I don’t get why Draymond is upset at KD. KD has done everything he could for them. HE shouldn’t have to pledge to stay forever in order to get respect from his teammates in Golden State.

I like Draymond as a player, but his need to bark at everyone is only allowed because he plays in this era. I can’t respect him the same way after the Tristan incident either. Anyone on Draymond’s side in this dispute must just hate KD for the wrong reasons.

Kevin can do what he wants. However, this season shouldn’t be “will Kevin leave”. They’re the defending champions. That’s what the season should be about.

The whole summer all anyone from that organization has said is that no one discusses his free agency, so that question shouldn't be on anyone's mind. The fact that they're the champs is irrelevant. KD is there and trying to win a championship this year, that his job and that's what the season should be and is about.

Draymond fcuked up, and then like a bitch started bringing up old and irrelevant shyt. If KD isn't ready to commit to the team long term he shouldn't be mad about that. Matter of fact, that only helps Draymond get his money. His reaction was wild emotional. Now because KD, only the league's best (or second best after Steph) scorer demands the ball in crunch time the season is about KD's free agency? What?! They're pro ball players, that's how it shakes out. The media will create that circus without Draymond adding to it. He fcuked up, plain and simple. Then he tried to shift the blame to KD for wanting to keep his free agency options open. Draymond acting like a jilted bitch.

No. KD could dead the talk himself. He won’t. No one said he has to commit. Every damn city is out here trying you. Shut it down and say “any questions about my free agency will not be answered and whoever asks it will not get to ask me another question”. KD is loving this nonsense. LeBron didn’t go through all of this last year and people knew he was out.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,034

Post#224 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Dray is totally biting off his nose to spite his face.

I am entertained.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#225 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Capn'O wrote:Dray is totally biting off his nose to spite his face.

I am entertained.

i just hope this causes enough of a disruption to break that team's spirit. not even so kd comes here, just because who needs them winning again.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,034

Post#226 » by Capn'O » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:Dray is totally biting off his nose to spite his face.

I am entertained.

i just hope this causes enough of a disruption to break that team's spirit. not even so kd comes here, just because who needs them winning again.

Totally. The schadenfreude angle is fantastic on so many levels.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#227 » by Synciere » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:

No. KD could dead the talk himself. He won’t. No one said he has to commit. Every damn city is out here trying you. Shut it down and say “any questions about my free agency will not be answered and whoever asks it will not get to ask me another question”. KD is loving this nonsense. LeBron didn’t go through all of this last year and people knew he was out.

The whole summer and season the party line has been "It will be addressed in the off season. Right now we're focusing on this year and trying to win a championship." The ultimatum about not getting to ask another question is over the top and unnecessary. We don't know what KD is loving. Lebron didn't go through this because of Lebron free agency fatigue. KD is where Lebron was in 2014 when he was leaving Miami. No matter what he said, the speculation was going to be there. Already have the chips and now want to change the narrative of his legacy maybe. The only way for the talk to be deaded is for him to commit one way or the other.

Draymond just mad because KD isn't gushing over the prospect of staying a Warrior forever, and decided to call KD all out his name like a bitch. That's literally what bitches do: throw tantrums when someone who has more power than them exercises it and they don't like tha outcome. Now all of a sudden KD is a bitch in Draymond's mind. That's sucka shyt.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#228 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:28 pm

what's funny about draymond complaining about kd's commitment is that when he tells golden state he wants a max or super-max they might not be so committed to him

he's starting to slow down a little, it would be wise to part ways before paying him either of those
Greenie
RealGM

Post#229 » by Greenie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Synciere wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Synciere wrote:

The whole summer and season the party line has been "It will be addressed in the off season. Right now we're focusing on this year and trying to win a championship." The ultimatum about not getting to ask another question is over the top and unnecessary. We don't know what KD is loving. Lebron didn't go through this because of Lebron free agency fatigue. KD is where Lebron was in 2014 when he was leaving Miami. No matter what he said, the speculation was going to be there. Already have the chips and now want to change the narrative of his legacy maybe. The only way for the talk to be deaded is for him to commit one way or the other.

Draymond just mad because KD isn't gushing over the prospect of staying a Warrior forever, and decided to call KD all out his name like a bitch. That's literally what bitches do: throw tantrums when someone who has more power than them exercises it and they don't like tha outcome. Now all of a sudden KD is a bitch in Draymond's mind. That's sucka shyt.

It is not over the top. Media likes to push ****. Let them speculate by themselves.

Say whatever you want. KD can dead the noise and simply keep it a a simmer with the media speculating and being free from drama on the team.
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Post#230 » by The_Special_One » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1063115335937806336&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1752395%26start%3D200
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,541

Post#231 » by cgmw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:15 pm

The_Special_One wrote:
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1063115335937806336&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1752395%26start%3D200

The PR machine will no-doubt clear this up ASAP, but the fact remains that these two will have tension based on the financial realities of next offseason. The franchise has handled things well thus far, but I'm not optimistic that they can smooth this over longterm.

Throw in crunchtime minutes for Boogie this spring, and I think it's safe to predict more Dray meltdowns coming.

KD made public peace with Westbrook, and we all know how that turned out. I could see KD walking away while GS sticks w/Draymond.

My bigger question is, if KD leaves what are some of the likely landing spots?
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#232 » by JBreezeNY » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Is anybody looking in the perspective of Durant’s POV before they make their KD to NY posts?

I’ve read this thread thoroughly and really sat down to think about how I’ve viewed KD over the years to understand why he would or wouldn’t come here.

Durant wants approval but at the same time he doesn’t & its been shown numerous times over the years. From him defending himself through twitter after winning a ring, his tweets from 7-8 years ago letting people know he would re-sign to OKC & to start beating teams instead of joining them (this is important because it shows that he wants public adoration) as well as joining GSW because he wanted rings after the public image of him was that he wouldn’t win one.

I don’t believe he’ll seriously come here because outside of his “connections”, the team just isn’t ready as well as NY being a bit brash for him. We’d need a lot of things to go right in less than a year which includes KP being back to 100%, getting Zion or Barrett in the draft as well as having another piece and hoping Mitch/Frank develop quicker, hoping Timmy can be a 3rd piece and if not finally a suitor for his contract.

It’s a lot of wishing on a star & that mentality hasn’t gotten us much in the past. If we were at least halfway there I’d be more optimistic but realistically we have a lot of things going against us. And of course stretching Noah didn’t help.

I will say this though, the one thing we have working for us that hasn’t worked in the past but can work with Durant is based on his need to be praised, him coming here and being the anointed king who saves a city who has never won a ring is the ONE factor we have working in our favor. So Fiz & whoever need to make sure they use their gift of gab and sell him hard. Only possible way I see us getting him.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#233 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:15 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:Is anybody looking in the perspective of Durant’s POV before they make their KD to NY posts?

I’ve read this thread thoroughly and really sat down to think about how I’ve viewed KD over the years to understand why he would or wouldn’t come here.

Durant wants approval but at the same time he doesn’t & its been shown numerous times over the years. From him defending himself through twitter after winning a ring, his tweets from 7-8 years ago letting people know he would re-sign to OKC & to start beating teams instead of joining them (this is important because it shows that he wants public adoration) as well as joining GSW because he wanted rings after the public image of him was that he wouldn’t win one.

I don’t believe he’ll seriously come here because outside of his “connections”, the team just isn’t ready as well as NY being a bit brash for him. We’d need a lot of things to go right in less than a year which includes KP being back to 100%, getting Zion or Barrett in the draft as well as having another piece and hoping Mitch/Frank develop quicker, hoping Timmy can be a 3rd piece and if not finally a suitor for his contract.

It’s a lot of wishing on a star & that mentality hasn’t gotten us much in the past. If we were at least halfway there I’d be more optimistic but realistically we have a lot of things going against us. And of course stretching Noah didn’t help.

I will say this though, the one thing we have working for us that hasn’t worked in the past but can work with Durant is based on his need to be praised, him coming here and being the anointed king who saves a city who has never won a ring is the ONE factor we have working in our favor. So Fiz & whoever need to make sure they use their gift of gab and sell him hard. Only possible way I see us getting him.

I think he kinda liked the way Lebron get praises too.
Joining Wade's winning Miami wasnt good for Lebron.

-But going back to Cavs and winning for them helped Lebrons public perception a lot.
+KD went to GSW afterwards.
-Now LBJ left Cavs as a mess. And he signed for LA which offers a lot of attention, endorsement money, young core(trade assets)-cap space. Lakers were losers in last couple years. So it can only get better. Lebron doesnt get blamed for Cavs situation because he didnt join a winning team.
+KD can follow the same route. NY-Chicago might offer same.
Both franchise had losing seasons. So even if just make ECF he wouldnt consider as failure.
Both cities offers a lot of endorsment money. NY offers more.
Both had tanking seasons. So there are young prospects which can turn to great players or trade assets.
Both team have cap space to sign further more FA.

Following Lebron's route seems plausible.
It wont be like Carmelo forcing a trade to NY. Playing for NY was a great oppurtunity but he crippled it with trade.
-Knicks lost all young pieces which could ve helped Melo to win. Or they'd be trade assets.
-Also when Melo signed there were huge STAT deal with injury risk. Billups contract wasnt good too. Essentially there werent cap space.

Now if KD signs through FA he'd have all in NY. It'd make sense for him.
Also if wants to get in that GOAT conversations having Knicks fans and NY media with you would help him a lot.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,438

Post#234 » by RHODEY » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Greenie wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
cgf wrote:
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean :dontknow:

If he comes to NY it's not going to be a 1+1, he'd be signing a 3+1 year deal like LeBron did with that young Lakers team...which is trying to make the playoffs in the west...without a KP-like 2nd star...

And if the kids haven't made enough progress over the next year & a half, they'll still give us a lot of options to add to THJ's expiring for a better 3rd option *shrug* We're in a good spot for as long as Dolan stays the **** away from the decision making process.

and when you add one of the Duke's Big 3 to the mix it makes KD coming even more probable.

Rookies don’t attract FA’s.

The hell is going on in here?

Cleveland had Wiggins and TRADED him ASAP for a PROVEN NBA player.

Young guys don’t attract stars. Proven players AND money do.

Adding Zion,Reddish, or Barret wouldn't hurt proven or no.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#235 » by blueNorange » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:31 pm

greenie's new schtick is me.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#236 » by awy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:Is anybody looking in the perspective of Durant’s POV before they make their KD to NY posts?

Knicks can certainly be bad enough for KD to get cold feet, but this sort of move is basically lebron's cleveland+LA move in one package. it's a fine move for his career imagewise.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#237 » by Besart19 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Dint forget that KD has two major foot injuries in his medical record
Strength and Honour!
Greenie
RealGM

Post#238 » by Greenie » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:39 pm

blueNorange wrote:greenie's new schtick is me.

Why you mad though...
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,910

Post#239 » by cgf » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:02 am

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I do find it odd that some that are against Durant coming are cool if Kawhi did it. Neither would make this squad as constructed a championship caliber team the first year, neither have shown any form of loyalty or whatever values some are trying to desire.

As far as Draymons goes, his antics are only tolerated because he is part of a team that wins championships. I don't see anyone could think he's built for NY either. The losses would crush him alone.

The Kawhi thing is over too. I already said let this group do whatever. Meanwhile we can keep picking high, top 3-5 picks.

We need way too many things.

Leave all these guys alone.

This is a fantasy unless you trade KP...and KP is the kind of player that you collect top 3-5 picks for multiple years to get...
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,517

Post#240 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:38 am

cgf wrote:
awy wrote:with kp back it's hard to tank anyway.

This is the biggest thing for me. With KP back in the east, we're probably a playoff team; with or without KD or a top 4 pick. And since KP is the kind of guy you tank for years to get, trading him to let the ever-tank keep rolling, doesn't sound like a particularly sound strategy.

We were below .500 when KP got hurt last year. We don't know how he's gonna look after the injury. We still don't know if he can get through the grind of an 82-game season. Not to mention the fact that he's always been an inefficient scorer even since he came into the league.

My point is, I don't see any reason to believe the Knicks will be a playoff team next season with KP, unless we sign a big name free agent (lol) or draft a generational talent in 2019.

I do agree that with KP it is hard to tank though. That's why Mills and Perry need to go all in on the tank this season. F free agency.

Return to New York Knicks