ImageImageImageImageImage

OT. Draymond get suspended for messing with Durant

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Re: OT. Draymond get suspended for messing with Durant 

Post#241 » by awy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:39 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:
cgf wrote:
awy wrote:with kp back it's hard to tank anyway.

This is the biggest thing for me. With KP back in the east, we're probably a playoff team; with or without KD or a top 4 pick. And since KP is the kind of guy you tank for years to get, trading him to let the ever-tank keep rolling, doesn't sound like a particularly sound strategy.

We were below .500 when KP got hurt last year. We don't know how he's gonna look after the injury. We still don't know if he can get through the grind of an 82-game season. Not to mention the fact that he's always been an inefficient scorer even since he came into the league.

My point is, I don't see any reason to believe the Knicks will be a playoff team next season, unless we sign a big name free agent (lol) or draft a generational talent in 2019.

I do agree that with KP it is hard to tank though. That's why Mills and Perry need to go all in on the tank this season. F free agency.

KP alone won't get us to the playoffs with any certainty but he'll get this team to low lottery territory for sure. given how talent is top heavy in the nba draft it's a big loss in tanking rewards.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,057

Post#242 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:20 am

To be an attractive destination for KD, we'll need to show that we can be competitive as early as possible. However wins hurt our lottery chances and definitely affects the way we manage our assets.

You can't be a player in free agency and rebuild at the same time if you're hoping for an optimal outcome. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Right now, we're half-assing both the rebuild and our free agency plan. When we predictably strike out in free agency and get the 7th pick in the draft, this franchise is gonna look real smart.

I would tank all the way, f*ck free agency and most importantly f*ck KD. I like Tim Hardaway Jr. and I'm not opposed to keeping him as one of our core guys but I wouldn't be mad if the Knicks traded him for Fultz, Ball or Ingram, assuming there's a way to make the numbers work. Maybe LA and Philly want to save their capspace, but if they feel they have to go all in this season and the free agent pool keeps shrinking, maybe Tim's a player they would be interested in since both teams need shooters. Then with some lottery luck (we're due), hopefully draft one of the Duke guys. But one thing for sure, KD's not walking through that door.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,953

Post#243 » by Capn'O » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:00 am

The Game of Zones about this is gonna be epic
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#244 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Green called Durant a “bitch” multiple times, sources said. In a summarized version, sources said Green shouted, “You’re a bitch and you know you’re a bitch.” The rhetoric, sources said, continued even when Kerr attempted to direct the team’s attention to his whiteboard.

But what ultimately led to Green’s suspension, sources said, was a remark in which he dared Durant to bolt in free agency next summer. Durant has a player option for the 2019-20 season, and the Warriors want their superteam intact for the opening of their new arena, the Chase Center, in San Francisco next season.

Green blurted to Durant something along the lines of, “We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave,” sources said.

Read on Twitter
WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#245 » by WajaBawl » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Green called Durant a “bitch” multiple times, sources said. In a summarized version, sources said Green shouted, “You’re a bitch and you know you’re a bitch.” The rhetoric, sources said, continued even when Kerr attempted to direct the team’s attention to his whiteboard.

But what ultimately led to Green’s suspension, sources said, was a remark in which he dared Durant to bolt in free agency next summer. Durant has a player option for the 2019-20 season, and the Warriors want their superteam intact for the opening of their new arena, the Chase Center, in San Francisco next season.

Green blurted to Durant something along the lines of, “We don’t need you. We won without you. Leave,” sources said.

Read on Twitter

Draymonds the biggest fake tough guy there is. I don't understand people stanning for this dude. Didn't he call Durant from the parking lot literally after getting smacked by the Cavs to come join him?
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#246 » by RHODEY » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:41 am

NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,304

Post#247 » by NoStatsGuy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 am

dont touch our player, draymond
im bout dat action boss
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#248 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:41 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:To be an attractive destination for KD, we'll need to show that we can be competitive as early as possible. However wins hurt our lottery chances and definitely affects the way we manage our assets.

You can't be a player in free agency and rebuild at the same time if you're hoping for an optimal outcome. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Right now, we're half-assing both the rebuild and our free agency plan. When we predictably strike out in free agency and get the 7th pick in the draft, this franchise is gonna look real smart.

I would tank all the way, f*ck free agency and most importantly f*ck KD. I like Tim Hardaway Jr. and I'm not opposed to keeping him as one of our core guys but I wouldn't be mad if the Knicks traded him for Fultz, Ball or Ingram, assuming there's a way to make the numbers work. Maybe LA and Philly want to save their capspace, but if they feel they have to go all in this season and the free agent pool keeps shrinking, maybe Tim's a player they would be interested in since both teams need shooters. Then with some lottery luck (we're due), hopefully draft one of the Duke guys. But one thing for sure, KD's not walking through that door.

Lol how are the Knicks half assing the rebuild? All the young guys are playing and they are losing.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,

Return to New York Knicks