ImageImageImageImageImage

Mitchell Robinson

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Re: Mitchell Robinson 

Post#101 » by awy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:43 am

Gfycat Video - Click to Play

give it a shot, what's there to lose
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,694

Post#102 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:54 am

Just because you love Mitch doesn't mean that sending him to the G League isn't the best this for his career and what's best for the team.

Just because you think Mitch needs more seasoning in the G League doesn't mean that you don't love Mitch.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,339

Post#103 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:37 am

17 minutes last night. 1 rebound.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#104 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:38 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Just because you love Mitch doesn't mean that sending him to the G League isn't the best this for his career and what's best for the team.

Just because you think Mitch needs more seasoning in the G League doesn't mean that you don't love Mitch.

But it ISNT what's best for the team and it ISNT what's best for Mitch. Until coaches actually start teaching skills in the GLeague its useless for him to go there, especially when we're starting him right now.

GLeague is for young players on established teams that otherwise wouldn't get the minutes they needed to develop, often after splitting duty back with the real team doing skill practice. Mitchell is getting plenty of minutes. As for us, we suck, we expected to suck and will suck until Zion Williamson is drafted..... so what's the problem?

But as far as the G-league goes its actually better for a but like Frank than Mitch. Mitch doesn't struggle with confidence, hes just raw. The Gzleague doesn't really teach things, you got guys who don't make it off benches getting triple doubles. Its like going to China. So why I say Frank is we need a venue where he can get out of his own head and just dominate something, ANYTHING. Frank's fundamentally sound already, he needs to be less robotic. Mitchell needs skills and Iq.

What you believe Mitchell needs would be solved by paying Rasheed to be his personal game coach. Mitch needs a one on one mentor.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,535

Post#105 » by Fat Kat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:17 minutes last night. 1 rebound.

It would be hard having both him and KP on the floor together. Someone has to rebound the ball
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,535

Post#106 » by Fat Kat » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:37 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Just because you love Mitch doesn't mean that sending him to the G League isn't the best this for his career and what's best for the team.

But it ISNT what's best for the team and it ISNT what's best for Mitch. Until coaches actually start teaching skills in the GLeague its useless for him to go there, especially when we're starting him right now.

GLeague is for young players on established teams that otherwise wouldn't get the minutes they needed to develop, often after splitting duty back with the real team doing skill practice. Mitchell is getting plenty of minutes. As for us, we suck, we expected to suck and will suck until Zion Williamson is drafted..... so what's the problem?

But as far as the G-league goes its actually better for a but like Frank than Mitch. Mitch doesn't struggle with confidence, hes just raw. The Gzleague doesn't really teach things, you got guys who don't make it off benches getting triple doubles. Its like going to China. So why I say Frank is we need a venue where he can get out of his own head and just dominate something, ANYTHING. Frank's fundamentally sound already, he needs to be less robotic. Mitchell needs skills and Iq.

What you believe Mitchell needs would be solved by paying Rasheed to be his personal game coach. Mitch needs a one on one mentor.

I’m not advocating for either side in this discussion, but I can’t let my man Mike Miller be disrespected. Gleague COY and a great developmental coach. Carry on
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#107 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:43 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

It would be hard having both him and KP on the floor together. Someone has to rebound the ball

I've seen people propose KP/Mitch/Knox front court.

Hard to win when the frontcourt starters account for like 15 rebounds. On a good day.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,003

Post#108 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:08 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

Hard to win when the frontcourt starters account for like 15 rebounds. On a good day.

he rebounds. last night was an aberration because adams was pushing him out of the way. he's getting 4.1 in 18 minutes. give him regular starter minutes and he'll get u 8 or 9 i'm sure. kp doesn't rebound great and knox being a starter in the future is still up in the air.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#109 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:10 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

he rebounds. last night was an aberration because adams was pushing him out of the way. he's getting 4.1 in 18 minutes. give him regular starter minutes and he'll get u 8 or 9 i'm sure. kp doesn't rebound great and knox being a starter in the future is still up in the air.

8 rebounds a game for a 7 footer? Very KP like, in a not very flattering comparison. :D
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,003

Post#110 » by god shammgod » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:12 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

8 rebounds a game for a 7 footer? Very KP like, in a not very flattering comparison. :D

kp only gets 6 :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#111 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

See? Can't play them together. How many rebounds Knox going to grab in his life looking like Tayshaun Prince? Not many. :D
awy
Sixth Man

Post#112 » by awy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 pm

the thing is, if mitch wants to keep being very skinny, he needs to play in a skilled big fashion that fits that body type.

this means shooting the ball, having a faceup game and can pass a bit.

if he just wants to be a rimrunner with defense he'll need to bulk up because in order to take advantage of his agility etc fully he needs to develop in offensive skills.

if he does develop offensive skills he can play anywhere because rebounds is insignificant compared to playing defense, protecting the paint and scoring points.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:07 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Did somebody say "rebounds"?

Spoiler:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#114 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:

But when's he going to be able to use them in a pro game? Hardly ever. The kid can't even set a proper screen and his passing is kinda sloppy. Not sharp and crisp.

The G League - the NBA's development league - arguable is designed specifically for players like Mitchell Robinson. If not, then who?
Free Palestine
awy
Sixth Man

Post#115 » by awy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:00 pm

it might be good to have him do more offensive versatility moves in the GLeague, but the strength and technique related issues like setting screens he can work on in the NBA as well.

he needs to get shoes with more ankle support tho.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#116 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:

They would get killed by smaller more athletic frontcourt matchups.
awy
Sixth Man

Post#117 » by awy » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:32 am

Read on Twitter

:eyes:

just need to cut the foul a bit but a lot of effective stops
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,967

Post#118 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:47 pm

my wife thinks mitchell robinson is going to be the next NBA player scooped up by a kardashian. :nonono:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,484

Post#119 » by RHODEY » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Anyone concerned about Mitch's rebounding?...He has similar (if not superior) physical tools to Rodman but the instincts/and timing don't seem to be close yet. Or do you guys think its his lack of strength/girth?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#120 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:48 pm

RHODEY wrote:Anyone concerned about Mitch's rebounding?...He has similar (if not superior) physical tools to Rodman but the instincts/and timing don't seem to be close yet. Or do you guys think its his lack of strength/girth?

Think it's mostly a strength thing. He's always around the ball because of his dynamic style. I'm honestly not too worried about him getting boards in NBA. I think a bigger worry is maybe his ceiling is not as high as we hope or he ends up having injury issues.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,

Return to New York Knicks