ImageImageImageImageImage

Mitchell Robinson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,036

Re: Mitchell Robinson 

Post#41 » by Capn'O » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:47 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:Get your fellow mod under control. :D

KG is perpetually out of control.

Jeff Van Gully wrote:They all do in practice. kanter is wet from three in practice. WCS was wet from 3 in pre-draft workout videos.

not saying he can't. but it might be a little early to say he already has range to 3. his form on his free throws (only time we see him shoot in-game) looks a little wonky.

I think it's gonna translate but either way, the way he is playing now is by design so we might not know for a minute. He's fluid AF with it though so I don't see why it wouldn't at his height if he's open. He's shot Js in games before.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,653

Post#42 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:48 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
You tell me. Where do you want Mitch on the court offensively? Maybe we should dump it off to him down low and let him go to work. Clear out. Everybody stay stationary on the weak side and just let's see what Mitch has got.

I don't know how you run around a curl. I know how to curl off a screen to the basket. I know how to flare off a screen for 3. I even know how to run off a screen for 3, but I admit I don't know how to run around a curl.

Maybe you should come out of the 90s concepts of offence and defence and realize to win in this era you need skills on both ends. And, if you want to get paid, you definitely need skills on both ends. And I'm betting Mitchell Robinson wants to get paid. Nobody has talked about making Mitch an iso player, but I see you're intent on trying to derail this thread.

Good luck.

I'm totally with you and I think we should start picking apart Mitch's scoring weaknesses right away.

He looks like a dinosaur out there just swatting everything that's within a 10 foot radius of him. Look at Draymond. He can shoot. Why not Mitch? Just try Mitch. Just try.

It's high time we start to destroy another Knick player's career. Time's awasting.

Who was the first one?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,958

Post#43 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:don't turn the mitch thread into a frank thread. c'mon.

I wish I still had my super And1 powers for this post.

But I have different powers now. And I agree.

blue font gang. BFG. we all we got.

gang gang.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,958

Post#44 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Jeff Van Gully wrote:They all do in practice. kanter is wet from three in practice. WCS was wet from 3 in pre-draft workout videos.

not saying he can't. but it might be a little early to say he already has range to 3. his form on his free throws (only time we see him shoot in-game) looks a little wonky.

I think it's gonna translate but either way, the way he is playing now is by design so we might not know for a minute. He's fluid AF with it though so I don't see why it wouldn't at his height if he's open. He's shot Js in games before.

you're absolutely right that he showed touch in high school. easy to forget. we've been so removed from seeing him ball.

and i believe in his potential to expand his offensive repertoire.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,646

Post#45 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Very limited offensively

Should be in the G League. I'm telling y'all. Or just send him down for little bit then send him back up to try it out on the NBA court. Then back down to work on more stuff. Just tell Mitch "this is how we dooz it here." I don't understand why this isn't the plan. He'll never get the chances to grow offensively on the big team.
Free Palestine
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#46 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Capn'O wrote:

He probably shouldn't be a mod, then.

But as for Mitch ... he has to build up piece by piece. He is definitely playing a limited offensive role by design. Let him get acclimated and take on bigger and bigger responsibility.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,442

Post#47 » by KnicksGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Listen, all kidding aside, if Mitch can do it, then he can do it. Coaches (and really fans) should not even mention it.

Pressure skews things.

Remember when you were 20? I could barely pump my own gas.

I've said my piece :)

Spoiler:
EDIT: And yes, I believe that fan chatter matters. In this day and age, it matters. It contributes to the chorus and it adds to perceptions. I think they're dead wrong, honestly. Yes I think expectations have hurt Frank a lot.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#48 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:01 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Listen, all kidding aside, if Mitch can do it, then he can do it. Coaches (and really fans) should not even mention it.

Pressure skews things.

Somebody probably could have taught you how to pump your own gas. I do remember when I was 20 I was putting myself through school, working 37.5 hours a week, studying 20 hours per week and living with my girlfriend whose family threatened me weekly for dating their Italian daughter.

20 used to be an adult.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#49 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:06 pm

oh boy
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#50 » by GONYK » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:07 pm

There is something Mitch can do right now to improve his offensive game that would put no additional pressure on his development:

Set a proper screen.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#51 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 pm

what we need is a thread where we can lock 2 people in there who are in a dispute. we let neither of them out until we judge that the dispute is settled. then after that we ban both of them and everyone else. make it happen mpharris.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#52 » by blueNorange » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Listen, all kidding aside, if Mitch can do it, then he can do it. Coaches (and really fans) should not even mention it.

Pressure skews things.

Somebody probably could have taught you how to pump your own gas. I do remember when I was 20 I was putting myself through school, working 37.5 hours a week, studying 20 hours per week and living with my girlfriend whose family threatened me weekly for dating their Italian daughter.

20 used to be an adult.

nobody cares.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#53 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:09 pm

GONYK wrote:There is something Mitch can do right now to improve his offensive game that would put no additional pressure on his development:

Set a proper screen.

Those are some pussy-ass screens. :lol:
Free Palestine
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,036

Post#54 » by Capn'O » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:10 pm

god shammgod wrote:what we need is a thread where we can lock 2 people in there who are in a dispute. we let neither of them out until we judge that the dispute is settled. then after that we ban both of them and everyone else. make it happen mpharris.

:lol: I have legit suggested "Fight Thread" before.

As it happens, the first rule of Fight Thread is that you don't talk about Fight Thread. So there is none to speak of.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#55 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 pm

blueNorange wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

Pressure skews things.

20 used to be an adult.

nobody cares.

I agree.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#56 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 pm

mitch don't sets screens to get you open. he slips the screen so you can get him the ball and you never do. maybe get mitch the ball and he'll set you a proper screen. lol
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#57 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:what we need is a thread where we can lock 2 people in there who are in a dispute. we let neither of them out until we judge that the dispute is settled. then after that we ban both of them and everyone else. make it happen mpharris.

Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Post#58 » by GONYK » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:13 pm

god shammgod wrote:what we need is a thread where we can lock 2 people in there who are in a dispute. we let neither of them out

Fixed
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#59 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Capn'O wrote:

:lol: I have legit suggested "Fight Thread" before.

As it happens, the first rule of Fight Thread is that you don't talk about Fight Thread. So there is none to speak of.

it really is a good idea. because this has happened so many times where people are locked in a dispute and it just travels from thread to thread. in the end it's not even about what they're arguing about, they're just trying to one up each other. so let them shoot the verbal fair one. :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#60 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

we're gonna need your help on figuring the rules to this one out since you were alive during the time of bread and circuses

Return to New York Knicks