ImageImageImageImageImage

Mitchell Robinson

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,652

Re: Mitchell Robinson 

Post#61 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:18 pm

god shammgod wrote:mitch don't sets screens to get you open. he slips the screen so you can get him the ball and you never do. maybe get mitch the ball and he'll set you a proper screen. lol

The new world of screens is just a knick to slow the defender up. They don't really set screens any more. They just want to cause a hesitation and rush to the rim before anybody can react. Blame D'Antoni for that.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,998

Post#62 » by Capn'O » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:23 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
god shammgod wrote:mitch don't sets screens to get you open. he slips the screen so you can get him the ball and you never do. maybe get mitch the ball and he'll set you a proper screen. lol

The new world of screens is just a knick to slow the defender up. They don't really set screens any more. They just want to cause a hesitation and rush to the rim before anybody can react. Blame D'Antoni for that.

The Amar'e Slipscreen vs. the Oakplow/Malonebow.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#63 » by awy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:23 pm

yea mitch screens are the same as those slip screens capela runs to get lobs.

but the key there is spacing and speed. knicks have none of that. it's telegraphed and slow.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,921

Post#64 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:26 pm

awy wrote:yea mitch screens are the same as those slip screens capela runs to get lobs.

but the key there is spacing and speed. knicks have none of that. it's telegraphed and slow.

yeah. you'd first have to tell vonleh to stay in the corner for it to work. he can hit the 3 a little, i'm not sure why they don't ever do it. maybe this is why they wanna start knox now. maybe they're gonna make him play the 4.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,565

Post#65 » by mpharris36 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:
awy wrote:yea mitch screens are the same as those slip screens capela runs to get lobs.

yeah. you'd first have to tell vonleh to stay in the corner for it to work. he can hit the 3 a little, i'm not sure why they don't ever do it. maybe this is why they wanna start knox now. maybe they're gonna make him play the 4.

nope vonleh is mr. teflon on this team it looks like
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,637

Post#66 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:what we need is a thread where we can lock 2 people in there who are in a dispute. we let neither of them out until we judge that the dispute is settled. then after that we ban both of them and everyone else. make it happen mpharris.

we're gonna need your help on figuring the rules to this one out since you were alive during the time of bread and circuses

True. And I have studied them long and hard.

EVERYONE DIES! :lol:
Free Palestine
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,921

Post#67 » by god shammgod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:30 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

did today's lineup come out already ?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,565

Post#68 » by mpharris36 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:31 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

did today's lineup come out already ?

gamethread
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
awy
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by awy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:33 pm

i looked at vonleh's shot chart when he signed. he does shoot a fair number of 3's but never from the corners when he was in chicago. he shot some corner 3's in portland.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,517

Post#70 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:21 pm

I don’t want to see Mitch get some complex post game. Just develop a nice hook to take advantage of mismatches and keep improving the J. Don’t wanna see him backing down his man for 5-7 secs like Kanter to get a decent shot or turn it over. Mostly focus on his defense and rebounds
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#71 » by Greenie » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:24 pm

Mitch my favorite
awy
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by awy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:28 pm

i just want him to shoot a step back 3 so i can rewatch it for hours
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,304

Post#73 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:05 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:what we need is a thread where we can lock 2 people in there who are in a dispute. we let neither of them out until we judge that the dispute is settled. then after that we ban both of them and everyone else. make it happen mpharris.

:lol: I have legit suggested "Fight Thread" before.

As it happens, the first rule of Fight Thread is that you don't talk about Fight Thread. So there is none to speak of.

it really is a good idea. because this has happened so many times where people are locked in a dispute and it just travels from thread to thread. in the end it's not even about what they're arguing about, they're just trying to one up each other. so let them shoot the verbal fair one. :lol:

prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#74 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:07 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:I don’t want to see Mitch get some complex post game. Just develop a nice hook to take advantage of mismatches and keep improving the J. Don’t wanna see him backing down his man for 5-7 secs like Kanter to get a decent shot or turn it over. Mostly focus on his defense and rebounds

Those two things should be in every post players arsenal.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,441

Post#75 » by KnicksGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:50 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Listen, all kidding aside, if Mitch can do it, then he can do it. Coaches (and really fans) should not even mention it.

Pressure skews things.

Remember when you were 20? I could barely pump my own gas.

I've said my piece :)

Somebody probably could have taught you how to pump your own gas. I do remember when I was 20 I was putting myself through school, working 37.5 hours a week, studying 20 hours per week and living with my girlfriend whose family threatened me weekly for dating their Italian daughter.

20 used to be an adult.

Playing in the NBA and playing effectively is a pretty mature thing to do. Let's worry about the rest later.

There is nothing wrong with quietly coaching him. With the other player I am trying not to mention, it feels like somehow his weaknesses became front & center and the thing everybody was trying to change. Meanwhile the kid has a good work ethic, high character, and played defense from Game 1. He also made a couple of slick passes in like his first few games, and that seems to have disappeared.

What am I missing? We screwed this kid up.

Mitch is maybe an even better prospect and maybe he'll be ready to score soon -- I have no idea -- but you accentuate the positive with these kids, not the negative.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#76 » by KnicksGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
:lol: I have legit suggested "Fight Thread" before.

As it happens, the first rule of Fight Thread is that you don't talk about Fight Thread. So there is none to speak of.

it really is a good idea. because this has happened so many times where people are locked in a dispute and it just travels from thread to thread. in the end it's not even about what they're arguing about, they're just trying to one up each other. so let them shoot the verbal fair one. :lol:

One-up-manship always becomes part of the problem. But in this case, I'm sticking to the facts and I consider it my civic duty to intervene on behalf of Mitch.

Enough with the fan BS. I remember some fans saying that the Red Sox fans were to blame for the Curse of the Babe. Maybe that takes it a little too far, but I'm not going to sit here while prophecy lectures us on how Mitch can improve his offensive game. But I'm not going to suspend him either. He's free to speak his mind and so are mods.

Leave these kids alone with fantastical garbage about some ideal player that will never exist.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#77 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:04 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Listen, all kidding aside, if Mitch can do it, then he can do it. Coaches (and really fans) should not even mention it.

Pressure skews things.

Remember when you were 20? I could barely pump my own gas.

I've said my piece :)

Somebody probably could have taught you how to pump your own gas. I do remember when I was 20 I was putting myself through school, working 37.5 hours a week, studying 20 hours per week and living with my girlfriend whose family threatened me weekly for dating their Italian daughter.

20 used to be an adult.

Playing in the NBA and playing effectively is a pretty mature thing to do. Let's worry about the rest later.

There is nothing wrong with quietly coaching him. With the other player I am trying not to mention, it feels like somehow his weaknesses became front & center and the thing everybody was trying to change. Meanwhile the kid has a good work ethic, high character, and played defense from Game 1. He also made a couple of slick passes in like his first few games, and that seems to have disappeared.

Mitch is maybe an even better prospect and maybe he'll be ready to score soon -- I have no idea -- but you accentuate the positive with these kids, not the negative.
What the Hell are you talking about? We ... fans ... don't do anything to players except pay their salaries. Coaches and the players do sruff to players. We aren't influential at all.

And because your boy has been exposed doesn't mean Mitch needs to be limited.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#78 » by KnicksGod » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:08 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:

20 used to be an adult.

What the Hell are you talking about? We ... fans ... don't do anything to players except pay their salaries. Coaches and the players do sruff to players. We aren't influential at all.

You say that in a time when the person running the world has gotten to that point in large part because of the noise of social & new media. I'm not buying it. Fans are influential. Noise is real ... for better or worse.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#79 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Similar to Frank, Mitchy won't be working on his game because both young guys are a little hasty d/t pressure of playing time. They're going to do what they have the confidence in. This is why it was sooooooooo stupid for Fizzles to have these kids play so little during the preseason. Vegas league is a joke.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#80 » by prophet_of_rage » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:17 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

You say that in a time when the person running the world has gotten to that point in large part because of the noise of social & new media. I'm not buying it. Fans are influential. Noise is real ... for better or worse.
Let me know when fans can vote. You've introduced a very weird take on a discussion about Robinson's development. Civic duty? Curse of the Babe?

I don't know what you do basketball wise but I develop kids for college. This is what and how coaches talk.

You're freaking out because i said imagine how special his game would be woth a hook and a jump shot.

It',s not serious.

Return to New York Knicks